X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Just wondering if we actually accounted for this rule this off-season:

Possibly a little late, but its not really something I remember being talked about much while the re-ups were going on.
    Yeah it was covered. Only one who was truly effected was JBML who let some good players go but everyone else was accounted for as well.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      With Patrick Beverley going for $97 last year, imagine what Thad Young goes for this year.
      Gives you an idea of what the NBA would be like with a true 'open market' Free Agency, perhaps? Hahah

Comment

• Best part with Beverley last year was that he hadn't officially won the starting job over Lin yet. $97 for the guy who might be the starter.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Just wondering if we actually accounted for this rule this off-season:

Possibly a little late, but its not really something I remember being talked about much while the re-ups were going on.
          Cap space (i.e. years) weren't an issue this year.

Your quoted rule is for a situation like jbml who had picked up Jones, Marshall, Green, and someone else through the season when he was at or over 40 years. They couldn't be resigned.

As we await this coming Sunday and free agency auction, I think I'm one of the highest teams with years committed but even I have 11 years to give out to two roster spots if I choose.

Comment

With Patrick Beverley going for $97 last year, imagine what Thad Young goes for this year.
            Thad who?

Comment

• Less than three months after suffering a compound fracture in his right leg, Indiana Pacers star Paul George was seen Monday shooting jumpers with teammates.

The video, credited to Vigilant Sports, shows George shooting 3-pointers and midrange jumpers in a gym after practice.

George, who was injured during a televised Team USA intrasquad scrimmage on Aug. 1, said recently that he plans to play at some point during this NBA season.

He was cleared to put weight on the leg and engage in upper-body work in late September.

A two-time All-Star, George has missed no fewer than three games in any season since the start of 2011-12. He averaged 21.7 points, 6.8 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 1.9 steals last year, the second straight season in which the Pacers fell in the Eastern Conference finals.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...ooting-jumpers

RR Dynasty doctors for mcHAPPY are concerned about too much too soon.

After exploring numerous trade possibilities team officials begrudgingly accepted he would sit for the year and have planned as such.

These new developments bring about renewed hope but also concern for long term health.

Comment

Then there is positional shortages to consider with guards.... Especially PG.

Only 5 of top 25 ranked players based on o-rank and 8 of 25 on last years rank are guards.

Lots of good and potentially good SF/PF/C to choose from.

I'm guessing Thad tops $150...... But we can't forget the implications of our new waiver wire either! Maybe there will be restraint?

Comment

• Anyone else going to bed and tossing and turning over Thad, west, frye, jones, dieng, dunleavy, carter, tucker, Andy V, Mosgov, Carroll, boozer, green, Barnes!?!?!?!?

With 16 teams and 15 roster spots there are some really good players out there.

Since I quit drinking and starting eating healthy fantasy basketball is my only true vice.......so sad.

Comment

• Nobody likes a quitter, mcHAPPY. Get back on that booze horse!

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      Anyone else going to bed and tossing and turning over Thad, west, frye, jones, dieng, dunleavy, carter, tucker, Andy V, Mosgov, Carroll, boozer, green, Barnes!?!?!?!?
                      Ya I'm kinda of kicking myself for keeping Gerald Green over Barnes, but to date he hasn't shown anything worth keeping in a Fantasy League.

Regardless, going to be an epic draft day. Can't wait!

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                        Nobody likes a quitter, mcHAPPY. Get back on that booze horse!
                        Nobody likes a drunk mcHAPPY either..... except random women but usually only for a few hours.

Quitting drinking was probably the smartest thing I've ever done..... so sad but so true.

Comment

Ya I'm kinda of kicking myself for keeping Gerald Green over Barnes, but to date he hasn't shown anything worth keeping in a Fantasy League.

Regardless, going to be an epic draft day. Can't wait!
                          FWIW I think you made right choice.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            FWIW I think you made right choice.
                            I think so too, but Barnes is still poised to go for $60-100? Haha I guess we'll see!

Comment

I think so too, but Barnes is still poised to go for $60-100? Haha I guess we'll see!
                              You just guessing or do you have a place you look for predicted values? I'm trying to plan my draft but have never done an auction draft like this where the top players are already gone.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

You just guessing or do you have a place you look for predicted values? I'm trying to plan my draft but have never done an auction draft like this where the top players are already gone.
                                Complete guess. There's no planning for the chaos that is Dynasty Draft.

Comment

Working...
                                X