X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa, you're dragging me into this?! Hahah

You had it up until the 4th. There already is a 2-day Waiver period if a player is Waived from your team.
    During this 2 day period, all managers can make bids (using the same Cash pool utilized during the Draft, and said Post-Draft Roster Retooling Period). Once this Waiver period is over, if bids were placed on said player, then the player goes to the highest bidder, at which point you can sign them to a Multi-year contract (if you have the space) or a 1-Year, Non-Extendable Contract (if you're capped out). If no Bids are placed, then the Player becomes an unrestricted Free Agent, and anyone can pick him up, regardless of your "Cash Pool", however, still under the obvious restrictions of the Cap. Under; Multi-Year, Extendable deal. Over; Single-Season, Non-Extendable deal.

We CAN, technically, make the Waiver period a Continuous thing, but that's not for me to decide.

I guess I wouldn't be against it.

I would also like to add, that having come late to the party, I don't believe that Dan meant to be "Bashing" or "poking holes" in what we have going here; I think he was just doing what Dan does .. analyze the shit out of things .. which is cool. Just don't expext drastic changes at this point in the game. We're far enough along, and many have made strategic decisions based on major rules in place currently. To change those rules, and deem said strategic moves irrelevant would be unfair and counter productive to the product we are trying to maintain. Which a fun, AWESOME environment, in which guys want to come back year in and year out to see how those decisions they made 3 years ago, are going to pan out.

Changing the Waiver Process to a Continuous, Year Long thing, where bids are required and processed, regardless or time spent on Waivers, is something I don't believe would be a drastic change that would harm anyones current or past decision making. However, I can also completely understand why some might not want to change.
    Thanks for weighing in Joey! Always appreciate your thoughts! And i do apologize for dragging you into this haha!!

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
      That may be possible I just had a look at the option in a baseball pool that i perform those duties and it does allow to change a date of anyone currently on waivers. Presently on my list are 6 players. There could be issues if someone cannot meet a deadline for this to be done.

Anyway like i have already said this change would @#$%&* with MY strategy and although i do not disagree I would not be in favor this year.
      The last thing I want to do is @#$%&* with anyone's strategy, especially if they have looked into the upcoming season, and have spent the time doing homework, and mapping out a plan.

Thanks to everyone for sharing insight. I really appreciate everyone's thoughts and input. There's a lot of expertise, experience and intelligence represented here! This is a great league to be a part of!

I propose that we should put this item on the shelf for the time being, and schedule a meeting around the all-star break where we can open up the dialogue and come to a consensus on if this is something we are interested in tweaking for 2015-16 onward.

Thoughts?

Comment

• I honestly don't know how you can have a waiver process strategy in place 2 months before the season but I have no problem waiting for any change to implement next season.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          is this possible in yahoo without commissioner(s) always have to activate/deactivate waiver wire? That would be pretty tedious and opens up possibility for errors.
          Would not be a big change to implement as a Commish. Just change Waiver from Standard to Continuous, and then set the Waiver Period to 7 days, or however long.

I also agree that very minimal Waiver Strategy could be in place at this point in time, and so I vote in favour.
          Last edited by Joey; Mon Sep 1, 2014, 12:37 AM.

Comment

• I'm fine with whatever for waivers. So long as there is an option to pick guys up for $0 at some point, which it sounds like there will be.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• My 2 cents is keep it the way it is. I'm fine with this best fantasy league ever, the way it is!

Comment

• I wouldn't want to wait 7 days to get a player I want. If we can do it with a shorter timeframe I'm down.

Comment

• 2 day waiver period would work great I think. It gives everyone a reasonable amount of time to put their bid in.

Comment

• Finally back to a desktop I had a chance to look around Commish tools.

Continuous, as Joey stated, no issue. No extra work or chance to mess up by Commishes.

I agree 7 days is too long.

How would continuous waivers using FAAB (i.e. silent bid) with Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday processing days work for people?

Comment

• Sounds good to me.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Maybe the best thing to do is to ask:

DO you wish to change waivers to the following or keep it the same?

Change to continuous waivers using FAAB (i.e. silent bid) with Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday processing

or

Keep it the same

9 changes needed

Comment

• I vote in favor of the change.

Comment

• can someone provide a bit more info on the proposed change? are we looking at a 2-3 day buffer on waiver pickups to put more emphasis on not blowing all the money in the draft?
                            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• I think it would make people think a little about spending all their money at draft time.

I vote for the change.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                                can someone provide a bit more info on the proposed change? are we looking at a 2-3 day buffer on waiver pickups to put more emphasis on not blowing all the money in the draft?
                                Essentially the difference is going to be this:

Current system requires a player to go through waivers once to become an UFA. You add/drop one day, change is made for next. Once cleared waivers any player is able to be add/drop without bidding (i.e. no money) - it is first come, first serve.

Proposed change requires add/drops and UFA to be in a constant state of waiver. Waivers would be processed on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. Fore example, any bids put in on Sunday or Monday would be processed for Tuesday; if multiple bids were put in for the same player, highest bid gets him; if a tie on bids, goes to order priority list that Yahoo! has. If you have spent all your money in free agency and/or waivers you can still place a $0 bid but obviously if anybody else has made a bid you are not going to get him. Essentially if you have spent all your money the only way you can add/drop a player is if no one else has put in a bid.

Comment

Working...
                                X