Clear All

Jeremy Lamb 1 year

that leaves me at 40

Comment

Sh!t...

I just traded for a 2014 pick.

Why can't Toronto?????

Comment

Haha No worries Matt! We're all passionate about this league and our teams!
        And that's a savvy trade you made; anyone would be upset if it had been overruled.

It happens to the best of us. I almost had a similar reaction with my Anthony Davis trade. Yahoo isn't very clear like that.

And just keep in mind for next time, that for Dynasty League the only people who can overrule a trade are You, Me and Tucas (anyone with Commish Authority). Trades don't go up for League Vote in this League.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          Haha No worries Matt! We're all passionate about this league and our teams!
          And that's a savvy trade you made; anyone would be upset if it had been overruled.

It happens to the best of us. I almost had a similar reaction with my Anthony Davis trade. Yahoo isn't very clear like that.

And just keep in mind for next time, that for Dynasty League the only people who can overrule a trade are You, Me and Tucas (anyone with Commish Authority). Trades don't go up for League Vote in this League.
          Lol

Thanks Joey

The egg on my face is now an omelette!

Comment

Mmmmm... Omelette ... Brunch Time!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Lol

Thanks Joey

The egg on my face is now an omelette!
              I just want you to know that there was a slow clap for you man. Well earned
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I am signing Harkless for a 2 year deal.

That takes me to 36 years.

I'm available for anyone looking to dump some years.

All my guys with one year (minus MCW) and two years (minus Wesley Matthews) are available.

Comment

Trey Burke is back!

Comment

Not to be a shtickler guys, but did I find a loophole as per post#2 by Matt and #78, by tucas? It states;

" During the off-season you are allowed to two sign players on your roster to an extension for
                    as many years as you want provided you remain under cap
                    o You will be allowed to additionally re-sign or extend one player each on your roster
                    who you drafted as a rookie"

It doesn't state that your FA's/players had to have 0 years left on their contract in either post, as per season 2 rules.

I bring this up because I drafted two players in season 1 that I thought I would be able to extend(Drummond, Beal) easier(them being rooks) than my vets, hence I went the young/potential route in my draft. I was also not exactly sure on how the cap rule worked, as it was new to me, and maybe most of us. The cap part is more of my misunderstanding, which I can take as my fault, due to my lack of knowledge. But I did bring up a situation where I had asked if we could sign any player(regardless of their FA status) after each season and I guess it was shot down...

Anyways, is there a way we can do a poll/vote for each person in the league on any rule/non-rule that we have?
                    I just wanna be crystal clear on things going forward

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                      Not to be a shtickler guys, but did I find a loophole as per post#2 by Matt and #78, by tucas? It states;

" During the off-season you are allowed to two sign players on your roster to an extension for
                      o You will be allowed to additionally re-sign or extend one player each on your roster

It doesn't state that your FA's/players had to have 0 years left on their contract in either post, as per season 2 rules.

I bring this up because I drafted two players in season 1 that I thought I would be able to extend(Drummond, Beal) easier(them being rooks) than my vets, hence I went the young/potential route in my draft. I was also not exactly sure on how the cap rule worked, as it was new to me, and maybe most of us. The cap part is more of my misunderstanding, which I can take as my fault, due to my lack of knowledge. But I did bring up a situation where I had asked if we could sign any player(regardless of their FA status) after each season and I guess it was shot down...

Anyways, is there a way we can do a poll/vote for each person in the league on any rule/non-rule that we have?
                      Post #2 is the original set of rules copied from season one.

Tucas' post came after - so I would stick with the original rules and post #2.

From those rules the interpretation has been (and it has been discussed in the past and decision made to stick with original intent) you can only sign players to extensions who are expiring hence you have to declare prior to the draft.

That is what everyone has been operating under. We already went through one off season operating under this interpretation. I don't think it would be fair to change the interpretation now.

My .02

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post

With all due respect to those who put the time in to do the thankless job of making things run smoothly, I agree with mack in his last statement.

I note that the discusion on the free agent extension started in S1 around page 24 and post #455. Shortly after Apollo left and the discusion went in a different direction.

Unless it happened at some point after I do not recall any consensus on that particular subject. I have no issues with changing rules nor the logic behind this particular change, but I do believe it was a change. If we are to make changes it should be more clear and should only be implemented in the following season.

Comment

• Commissioners Note:
                          We never made a change, and I vote against it on this particular subject.
                          I also vote against putting every rule up for a Vote.

On the particular rule in question, we agreed that everyone had spent a lot of time strategizing with the current rules in place, and that to change it now is silly.

This past off-season proved that it works as is, and Free Agency (the draft) is a BLAST.
                          I don't want to do anything that will take talent away from Free Agency.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            Commissioners Note:
                            We never made a change, and I vote against it on this particular subject.
                            I also vote against putting every rule up for a Vote.

On the particular rule in question, we agreed that everyone had spent a lot of time strategizing with the current rules in place, and that to change it now is silly.

This past off-season proved that it works as is, and Free Agency (the draft) is a BLAST.
                            I don't want to do anything that will take talent away from Free Agency.
                            I agree, the talent in free agency this year was weak(Tobias Harris would've gone for $200 had the bidding kept going, not to mention Patrick Beverley). To take away from that even more takes a lot away from the league. I see no problem in the way things are now.

Comment

• The rules as they were currently in operation during this past off season should be the way that they are going forward. I don't see an issue with it at all.

In other news, Joey, check your personal messages on here haha

Comment

• My bad dude. Haha I just responded.

And thanks for the input Skywalker!

Comment

Working...
                                X