Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, officially initiating a fire sale on my team.

Joe Johnson
    Kevin Martin
    Josh Smith
    Gerald Wallace
    Tristan Thompson
    Steven Adams
    Luol Deng

All available for the right price. Low ball offers welcome. Not desperate to dump contracts, but may value what you don't.
    Last edited by DanH; Tue Jul 29, 2014, 09:06 AM.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• To all new and prospective owners, if we could, it'd be nice to get a verbal commitment to at least staying for a few seasons. Completely understand that stuff happens and you can't always control whats going on in life, but this is a Dynasty League and we are hoping for managers that are in it for the long haul.

Dan, you may receive some offers from me.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        To all new and prospective owners, if we could, it'd be nice to get a verbal commitment to at least staying for a few seasons. Completely understand that stuff happens and you can't always control whats going on in life, but this is a Dynasty League and we are hoping for managers that are in it for the long haul.

Dan, you may receive some offers from me.
        Look forward to them. And I certainly plan to be around long term.

Question about rookie extensions. My understanding is that a rookie coming off his first contract can be extended without using one of your two yearly extensions. Does the player have to have been drafted by you, or can you trade for a player on a rookie scale deal and extend them?
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Look forward to them. And I certainly plan to be around long term.
          Good to hear!

DanH wrote: View Post
          Question about rookie extensions. My understanding is that a rookie coming off his first contract can be extended without using one of your two yearly extensions. Does the player have to have been drafted by you, or can you trade for a player on a rookie scale deal and extend them?
          Good question. First part, yes you are correct. Rookie Extension does not count toward a FA Extension.

To the second part, I'd say that if the player was eligible for "Restricted" Free Agency with the previous owner, they would be as well if they were traded. Thats just me though.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            Good to hear!

Good question. First part, yes you are correct. Rookie Extension does not count toward a FA Extension.

To the second part, I'd say that if the player was eligible for "Restricted" Free Agency with the previous owner, they would be as well if they were traded. Thats just me though.
            That is cool.

But 2 things:

1) has to have been drafted in his draft year. For example: lets say Jarnell Stokes or TJ Warren is not drafted in our draft. Someone picks him up and subsequently trades him. He is not eligible for a rookie extension because he was never drafted.

2) only permitted to extend 1 rookie contract player per year. For example: Zach Lavine is drafted by me. I trade for Aaron Gordon. Both are on one year deals. Next summer I can only extend one of them with my rookie extension. If I want to keep the other, I have to use 1 of my 2 own free agent signings.

Cool?

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              That is cool.

But 2 things:

1) has to have been drafted in his draft year. For example: lets say Jarnell Stokes or TJ Warren is not drafted in our draft. Someone picks him up and subsequently trades him. He is not eligible for a rookie extension because he was never drafted.

2) only permitted to extend 1 rookie contract player per year. For example: Zach Lavine is drafted by me. I trade for Aaron Gordon. Both are on one year deals. Next summer I can only extend one of them with my rookie extension. If I want to keep the other, I have to use 1 of my 2 own free agent signings.

Cool?
              That sounds simple enough. Is there somewhere we can see who was drafted (in Dynasty) and who wasn't? Because I've just been checking based on draft year, but I guess someone picked up later wouldn't qualify.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

That sounds simple enough. Is there somewhere we can see who was drafted (in Dynasty) and who wasn't? Because I've just been checking based on draft year, but I guess someone picked up later wouldn't qualify.

It would be something to add to the drop box sheets, I think. Important to know. Luckily we have the forums to keep track of our 'records'!

2013 Draft:

1. Koncept - Ben McLemore

2. Vykis - No pick received

3. Coastal - Anthony Bennett

4. Kadazzle - Victor Oladipo

5. The Coach - No pick received

6. Mack North - Trey Burke

7. Keeping it Real - Cody Zeller

8. JBML - Kelly Olynyk

9. Apollo - No pick received

10. SoftEuro - No Pick Received

11. Joey (belongs to SoftEuro) - No pick received

12. Matt52 - Michael Carter-Williams

13. Tucas (belongs to The Coach) - No pick received

14. WJF - Nerlens Noel

15. Skywalker (belongs to Koncept) - Otto Porter

16. drizz - CJ McCollum

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...ague-S1/page29
                New ownership with late picks:

Axel: Dennis Schroeder
                Fully: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
                Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Jul 29, 2014, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• Breaking news: Major announcement

RR NBA Dynasty League would like to welcome ceez as the new owner of the team formerly run by Kadazzle.

Welcome aboard, ceez!

And yes, he has sent in his draft pick preferences!

*This is a bit of a different situation than ddaylewis/DanH. ddaylewis let us know he was no longer interested. Kadazzle has gone MIA since season ended. He was inactive setting his lines, difficult to reach, came back and gave reasons why he was not setting. Unfortunately he is picking 3rd and has gone MIA again. He is unreachable. The RR NFL league dumped him. We need someone who is going to be reachable and visibly interested. So once again, welcome ceez!

**Just a note for everyone: if you're no longer interested, let us (Joey/mcHAPPY) know. It is not fun having to make decisions for missing owners who likely will return at some point asking, "WTF?" There are always people willing to come in. This really is a cool Fantasy League. Great idea by the founder Apollo. Even though Apollo bowed out obviously the idea was good enough to not only carry on but thrive.

Comment

• Picks received with *

1. The Coach*
                    2. koncept*
                    3. ceez*
                    4. DanH*
                    5. Mack North (via SKYWALKERS)*
                    6. drizz
                    7. Joey/Joey_heskethMONSTARS
                    8. WJF*
                    9. Axel*
                    10. Mack North*
                    11. jbml*
                    12. Keeping it Real !!
                    13. Fully*
                    14. mcHAPPY/Matt52 (via Tucas TuneSquad)*
                    15. TEAM BALLSWIN
                    16. Axel (via mcHAPPY/Matt52)*

Remember to have your selection sent in to mcHAPPY by August 1st via RR private message.

If you select 9th, you should send me your top 9 selections in order of preference.

Comment

Not as of now.

It would be something to add to the drop box sheets, I think. Important to know. Luckily we have the forums to keep track of our 'records'!
                      Don't forget Fully and I joined late and drafted after the fact. I took Dennis Schroeder. Can't remember who Fully took.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        Don't forget Fully and I joined late and drafted after the fact. I took Dennis Schroeder. Can't remember who Fully took.
                        Right.

I will fix.

Comment

• @sweatpantsjer

Comment

2013 Draft:

New ownership with late picks:

Axel: Dennis Schroeder
                            Fully: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
                            Thanks!
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Some clarification if that is OK: the two re-signings you can do each off-season. Do the player's contracts have to be down to 0 years remaining, or can you extend a guy who has 1 year or more remaining on his contract?

i.e. If I have 4 guys with 1 year left, and want to re-sign all of them, could I extend two this summer, then next summer re-sign the other two? Or am I doomed to let two of them walk to free agency (and the bidding auction)?
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Some clarification if that is OK: the two re-signings you can do each off-season. Do the player's contracts have to be down to 0 years remaining, or can you extend a guy who has 1 year or more remaining on his contract?

i.e. If I have 4 guys with 1 year left, and want to re-sign all of them, could I extend two this summer, then next summer re-sign the other two? Or am I doomed to let two of them walk to free agency (and the bidding auction)?
                                You're doomed to let them walk in to free agency.

You can only extend with 0 years remaining.

Comment

Working...
                                X