No announcement yet.

Backup PG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see Augustin as this year's Alan Anderson. Just a hunch.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Also though, can everybody start spelling Augustin's name properly? It is NOT Augustine.
      I know right? lol or just call him DJ, I see how people get confused though its pronounced as "Augustine" Back will be DJ for the first bit of the season though I could see Stone getting spurts remember he isnt exactly healthy guy looks 40% out there and his offensive game is....non existent.

DJ will be primary back up he at the very least has experience and can hit the open catch and shoot 3, simply for that purpose hes back up cant really go with Stone or Buycks right now. Just dont expect DJ to be here longer than this season, hes really just a patch job.

Comment

As an aside:

I am, at this point, not a believe in Kyle Lowry and if he has a hot start I am very much inclined to sell high on him. The problem is: once you get rid of Lowry, where do you go looking for a new PG?

I think Grievis Vasquez would be a perfect fit for the Raptors - someone to feed DeMar, Jonas and Amir the ball, and Sacramento would probably consider trading him given that Isaiah Thomas is making a hell of a case for the starting PG job there. Anybody else got any other ideas?

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
          As an aside:

I am, at this point, not a believe in Kyle Lowry and if he has a hot start I am very much inclined to sell high on him. The problem is: once you get rid of Lowry, where do you go looking for a new PG?

I think Grievis Vasquez would be a perfect fit for the Raptors - someone to feed DeMar, Jonas and Amir the ball, and Sacramento would probably consider trading him given that Isaiah Thomas is making a hell of a case for the starting PG job there. Anybody else got any other ideas?
          Sacramento has several "serviceable" options at the PG. Heck, I'd give Jimmer a chance if it means that Lowry and Gay are traded.

Houston has Aaron Brooks as their 3rd PG, behind Patrick "Mr. $97" Beverley and Jeremy Lin (order to be determined, as Lin may come off the bench). Brooks could likely be had quite easily.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Augustin at the beginning and Stone taking over by trade deadline seems like a realistic view.
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
              Augustin at the beginning and Stone taking over by trade deadline seems like a realistic view.
              Stone taking over as the Starter at the deadline is still realistic, making Augustin possibly the back-up all season long.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                It should be Stone. But it will most likely be Augustin.
                Augustin is not a bad choice. He will not try to do too much. I fear Buycks will try to do too much and hurt the team. Stone is an interesting option but DJ is best choice if trying to win right now.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                  Sacramento has several "serviceable" options at the PG. Heck, I'd give Jimmer a chance if it means that Lowry and Gay are traded.

Houston has Aaron Brooks as their 3rd PG, behind Patrick "Mr. $97" Beverley and Jeremy Lin (order to be determined, as Lin may come off the bench). Brooks could likely be had quite easily.
                  Not Jimmer !! He cannot defend.

Comment

I say come opening night, Augustin will get the run because he's experienced over Stone who's rarely gotten NBA run, and Buycks being a rookie. I would also like to see Augustin get more consistent minutes at the spot as well, just because he's been a starter in this league, played on playoff teams, etc.

I will say though, Buycks and Stone are certainly capable back-ups if Lowry comes down with another injury *knock on wood*.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                      And he's not a point guard

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                        Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        And he's not a point guard
                        But he can shoot and would help out draft position.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                          I don't think so. Alan Anderson used to try to do too much. That's one thing with DJ, he doesn't try to play outside of himself. That's probably one of the reasons you don't notice him much when he's on the court because he's a more passive player. Buycks tries to do too much at times because he's more aggressive and Stone is just not healthy and has zero offensive game at the moment.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                            GLF wrote: View Post
                            I don't think so. Alan Anderson used to try to do too much. That's one thing with DJ, he doesn't try to play outside of himself. That's probably one of the reasons you don't notice him much when he's on the court because he's a more passive player. Buycks tries to do too much at times because he's more aggressive and Stone is just not healthy and has zero offensive game at the moment.
                            slaw probably meant in terms of Casey's over-reliance on a "veteran" player, despite his limited abilities on the floor.

Comment

@JLew1050: Casey has handed out his annual "role cards". Each player gets 3 copies, one for their pocket, one for their locker, one for their agent

@JLew1050: Casey stopped short of calling the Raps a playoff team but said if they do everything they're supposed to they should be in the conversation

@JLew1050: Casey said Augustin will get first crack at the backup PG position but it will continue to be fluid, Buycks and Stone will be in the mix

Comment

Stone will play the most minutes of the 3 but won't be the backup pg if that makes any sense at all
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X