No announcement yet.

Raptors starting 5 among the top 5 in the league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the Pacers could use a similar like bench last year and make it to the East Finals. I think the Raptors should be decent.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Difference between Indiana and Toronto is cap space.

Indiana were able to keep their core and add David west.

Only way toronto adds a David west is if Rudy Gay is gone.

I think we can all agree that if you take Rudy gay off this team it won't be pretty.
      There's no question that cap space is an important aspect in today's NBA, but I wasn't trying to suggest that the Raps can follow the Indiana's exact model and process. It was in response to the comment that the Raps are not contenders, and pointing out that there's different ways to skin the cat, and no way gets you from late lottery to contender in 1 season. Right now, until proven otherwise, I have faith that MU is going to make wise moves to elevate this team above where they've been for quite some time. I'm looking forward to it, whatever that path ends up being.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
        There's no question that cap space is an important aspect in today's NBA, but I wasn't trying to suggest that the Raps can follow the Indiana's exact model and process. It was in response to the comment that the Raps are not contenders, and pointing out that there's different ways to skin the cat, and no way gets you from late lottery to contender in 1 season. Right now, until proven otherwise, I have faith that MU is going to make wise moves to elevate this team above where they've been for quite some time. I'm looking forward to it, whatever that path ends up being.
        Agreed.

I was attempting to highlight one of the main areas of improvement for a team on the cusp of contention is free agency. Raps won't have that with Gay, Lowry, DD core, unfortunately.

Comment

I know that most of us already know this from last year, and their was an article about this on NBA.com But, arguably our biggest problem last year was closing out/winning close games (5 points or less) We were brutal, 2nd worst in the league ahead of the Wizards and essentially tied with New Orleans.

Winning close games needs to happen and I believe Miami was number 1 in this category.
          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Working...
          X