Thread: Game Updates on Andrew Wiggins with the Kansas Jayhawks

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Game Updates on Andrew Wiggins with the Kansas Jayhawks

I thought I would start up an update thread on Andrew Wiggins' progression with the Kansas Jayhawks now that he has played his first preseason exhibition game. In his first game, he scored 16 points (on 5-13 shooting), 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 blocks and 1 steal in 25 minutes of play. Not bad considering it's his first game. He struggled from distance (0-3 from downtown), but that'll probably improve over time. Had a pretty sick alley-opp that game though

Box Score: http://www.kuathletics.com/boxscore....bball&id=10575

Here is some ESPN highlights of Wiggins in that game:

Last edited by Blacklash2k4; Wed Oct 30th, 2013 at 01:14 AM.

2. Like FoxMachine liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

TSN is broadcasting every Jayhawks game this season.

#WigginsWatch
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    TSN is broadcasting every Jayhawks game this season.

#WigginsWatch
    Really? Nice. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on Wiggins this season

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Flexing, after a backdoor cut in your first college preseason game?

Damn kids watch too much TV.

6. Like Axel, NoPropsneeded liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Flexing, after a backdoor cut in your first college preseason game?

Damn kids watch too much TV.
    "Kids these days... With there rappity hippity hop and their flashy shoes, back in my day it was all about gettin BUCKETS!"
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    "Kids these days... With there rappity hippity hop and their flashy shoes, back in my day it was all about gettin BUCKETS!"
    Damn straight.

Post Thanks / Like

Ha, Chuck D is 53 years old. Bombatta is 56. I'm sorry, but back in my day, sonny, it was rappity hippity hop and flashy shoes, Just like Punk, Electronic music, heck, even hacker and net culture, that was all us old timers growing up. Hate to break it to you sport, and no disrespect intended, but the kids today have done nothing culturally noteworthy, that's why even your culture of rebelliousness looks almost the same as that of your parents, pick from the youth alternative lifestyle catalog, punk, "goth", b-boy, etc, just like it's been for a few decades.

It's probably not your fault, you're culture is way more centralized, monitored, controlled and manufactured than any in history because of things like media consolidation. I'm sure kids today are doing cool things, but you're culture is p0wned, so it goes nowhere.

Previous generation had things like radio stations, where DJs actually could chose the music they play. Imagine that.

Here's some flashy shoes:

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quirk wrote: View Post
    Ha, Chuck D is 53 years old. Bombatta is 56. I'm sorry, but back in my day, sonny, it was rappity hippity hop and flashy shoes, Just like Punk, Electronic music, heck, even hacker and net culture, that was all us old timers growing up. Hate to break it to you sport, and no disrespect intended, but the kids today have done nothing culturally noteworthy, that's why even your culture of rebelliousness looks almost the same as that of your parents, pick from the youth alternative lifestyle catalog, punk, "goth", b-boy, etc, just like it's been for a few decades.

It's probably not your fault, you're culture is way more centralized, monitored, controlled and manufactured than any in history because of things like media consolidation. I'm sure kids today are doing cool things, but you're culture is p0wned, so it goes nowhere.

Previous generation had things like radio stations, where DJs actually could chose the music they play. Imagine that.

Jeez... You remind me of those old grandpas who sit in their front porch yelling at kids to get off their property lol
    Btw a lot of what you said was very untrue but I'm not going to argue. My comment was a joke to begin with, puffer picked up on it while you seemed to take it a little to seriously.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Jeez... You remind me of those old grandpas who sit in their front porch yelling at kids to get off their property lol
    Nah, I like 'em! I'm having a toke with the kids, wondering why their culture is like a marketing dude's rehash of the same culture I grew up, and why their music sounds like the music I grew up with, hip hop, punk, "indie rock", "alternative" etc, why they dress like my friends going up,

I want to be the old grandpa sitting on the porch yelling at those crazy kids. Trouble is, there's nothing crazy about them. Punk, Hip Hop, etc, was SHOCKING to our parents and grandparents. Now, they're embraced by "respectable" major brands and corporations. What should I yell at them about? Being too complacent and respectful of authority?

Since I did grow up when there was still room for youth rebellion, I don't blame the kids, I blame capitalism. The kids today? What do they blame? Sadly, themselves mostly. They expect nothing from society, so they demand nothing of it.

The kids have a lot to be rebellious about, youth unemployment and debt is at historic levels, prospects of class mobility are nil, oh yeah, and environmental catastrophe looms large. They should be yelling at me. But instead, they're happy to by into factory made retreads of my youth culture. Great for a middle aged guy like me, I can keep being hip until I turn grey, I guess. But though sharing tracks with you all is cool, and I do love hip hop, I would really rather be shocked and inspired by youth culture rather than comfortable in it. I hope you get what I mean.

Sorry for the rant, its not meant to be critical of you, your joke characterized hip hop as something an older person would find shocking, I was just riffing off that.

Best,

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

The guy with the glasses in this clip is a youthful Giancarlo Esposito aka Gustavo Fring on Breaking Bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    The guy with the glasses in this clip is a youthful Giancarlo Esposito aka Gustavo Fring on Breaking Bad.
    I thought the guy over his shoulder was a young Martin lawrence at first, but I don't think so. Timing isn't right.

Edit: Just looked it up. It is him. 1989.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

NCAA hoops are heating up already, Kansas and Duke play in Chicago on Tuesday.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing that impresses me with Wiggins is that his footwork is just so crisp and so fast. Doesn't matter if it's a spin-move, a post-up move, a step-back jumper. It's better than smooth, it's flawless. For me, that's the thing that separates him from most freshman talents. Others might have more impressive physiques or better big-game presence, but those things will inevitably come for Wiggins in time.

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

he travelled a few times against Duke, so you know, easy on the "flawless" thing hahaha

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, the footwork is fine, the travels are the result of picking up the ball! Okay, flawless was total hyperbole. But when his footwork is on, it's really great.

Raptors Republic Rookie gametime's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great for a middle aged guy like me, I can keep being hip until I turn grey, I guess.
    So when are we watching a game at "Cheers"?

Thread Information