Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Game Updates on Andrew Wiggins with the Kansas Jayhawks

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Game Updates on Andrew Wiggins with the Kansas Jayhawks

    I thought I would start up an update thread on Andrew Wiggins' progression with the Kansas Jayhawks now that he has played his first preseason exhibition game. In his first game, he scored 16 points (on 5-13 shooting), 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 blocks and 1 steal in 25 minutes of play. Not bad considering it's his first game. He struggled from distance (0-3 from downtown), but that'll probably improve over time. Had a pretty sick alley-opp that game though





    Box Score: http://www.kuathletics.com/boxscore....bball&id=10575

    Here is some ESPN highlights of Wiggins in that game:

    Last edited by Blacklash2k4; Wed Oct 30th, 2013 at 01:14 AM.

  2. Like FoxMachine liked this post
  3. #2
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,560
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    TSN is broadcasting every Jayhawks game this season.

    #WigginsWatch
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  4. #3
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    TSN is broadcasting every Jayhawks game this season.

    #WigginsWatch
    Really? Nice. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on Wiggins this season

    Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

  5. #4
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Flexing, after a backdoor cut in your first college preseason game?

    Damn kids watch too much TV.

  6. Like Axel, NoPropsneeded liked this post
  7. #5
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,740
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Flexing, after a backdoor cut in your first college preseason game?

    Damn kids watch too much TV.
    "Kids these days... With there rappity hippity hop and their flashy shoes, back in my day it was all about gettin BUCKETS!"
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  8. #6
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    "Kids these days... With there rappity hippity hop and their flashy shoes, back in my day it was all about gettin BUCKETS!"
    Damn straight.

  9. #7
    Raptors Republic Starter Quirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    317
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    "Kids these days... With there rappity hippity hop and their flashy shoes, back in my day it was all about gettin BUCKETS!"
    Ha, Chuck D is 53 years old. Bombatta is 56. I'm sorry, but back in my day, sonny, it was rappity hippity hop and flashy shoes, Just like Punk, Electronic music, heck, even hacker and net culture, that was all us old timers growing up. Hate to break it to you sport, and no disrespect intended, but the kids today have done nothing culturally noteworthy, that's why even your culture of rebelliousness looks almost the same as that of your parents, pick from the youth alternative lifestyle catalog, punk, "goth", b-boy, etc, just like it's been for a few decades.

    It's probably not your fault, you're culture is way more centralized, monitored, controlled and manufactured than any in history because of things like media consolidation. I'm sure kids today are doing cool things, but you're culture is p0wned, so it goes nowhere.

    Previous generation had things like radio stations, where DJs actually could chose the music they play. Imagine that.

    Here's some flashy shoes:


  10. #8
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,740
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Quirk wrote: View Post
    Ha, Chuck D is 53 years old. Bombatta is 56. I'm sorry, but back in my day, sonny, it was rappity hippity hop and flashy shoes, Just like Punk, Electronic music, heck, even hacker and net culture, that was all us old timers growing up. Hate to break it to you sport, and no disrespect intended, but the kids today have done nothing culturally noteworthy, that's why even your culture of rebelliousness looks almost the same as that of your parents, pick from the youth alternative lifestyle catalog, punk, "goth", b-boy, etc, just like it's been for a few decades.

    It's probably not your fault, you're culture is way more centralized, monitored, controlled and manufactured than any in history because of things like media consolidation. I'm sure kids today are doing cool things, but you're culture is p0wned, so it goes nowhere.

    Previous generation had things like radio stations, where DJs actually could chose the music they play. Imagine that.

    Here's some flashy shoes:

    Jeez... You remind me of those old grandpas who sit in their front porch yelling at kids to get off their property lol
    Btw a lot of what you said was very untrue but I'm not going to argue. My comment was a joke to begin with, puffer picked up on it while you seemed to take it a little to seriously.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  11. #9
    Raptors Republic Starter Quirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    317
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Jeez... You remind me of those old grandpas who sit in their front porch yelling at kids to get off their property lol
    Nah, I like 'em! I'm having a toke with the kids, wondering why their culture is like a marketing dude's rehash of the same culture I grew up, and why their music sounds like the music I grew up with, hip hop, punk, "indie rock", "alternative" etc, why they dress like my friends going up,

    I want to be the old grandpa sitting on the porch yelling at those crazy kids. Trouble is, there's nothing crazy about them. Punk, Hip Hop, etc, was SHOCKING to our parents and grandparents. Now, they're embraced by "respectable" major brands and corporations. What should I yell at them about? Being too complacent and respectful of authority?

    Since I did grow up when there was still room for youth rebellion, I don't blame the kids, I blame capitalism. The kids today? What do they blame? Sadly, themselves mostly. They expect nothing from society, so they demand nothing of it.

    The kids have a lot to be rebellious about, youth unemployment and debt is at historic levels, prospects of class mobility are nil, oh yeah, and environmental catastrophe looms large. They should be yelling at me. But instead, they're happy to by into factory made retreads of my youth culture. Great for a middle aged guy like me, I can keep being hip until I turn grey, I guess. But though sharing tracks with you all is cool, and I do love hip hop, I would really rather be shocked and inspired by youth culture rather than comfortable in it. I hope you get what I mean.

    Sorry for the rant, its not meant to be critical of you, your joke characterized hip hop as something an older person would find shocking, I was just riffing off that.

    Best,

  12. #10
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,030
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The guy with the glasses in this clip is a youthful Giancarlo Esposito aka Gustavo Fring on Breaking Bad.

    Quote Quirk wrote: View Post
    Ha, Chuck D is 53 years old. Bombatta is 56. I'm sorry, but back in my day, sonny, it was rappity hippity hop and flashy shoes, Just like Punk, Electronic music, heck, even hacker and net culture, that was all us old timers growing up. Hate to break it to you sport, and no disrespect intended, but the kids today have done nothing culturally noteworthy, that's why even your culture of rebelliousness looks almost the same as that of your parents, pick from the youth alternative lifestyle catalog, punk, "goth", b-boy, etc, just like it's been for a few decades.

    It's probably not your fault, you're culture is way more centralized, monitored, controlled and manufactured than any in history because of things like media consolidation. I'm sure kids today are doing cool things, but you're culture is p0wned, so it goes nowhere.

    Previous generation had things like radio stations, where DJs actually could chose the music they play. Imagine that.

    Here's some flashy shoes:


  13. #11
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    The guy with the glasses in this clip is a youthful Giancarlo Esposito aka Gustavo Fring on Breaking Bad.
    I thought the guy over his shoulder was a young Martin lawrence at first, but I don't think so. Timing isn't right.

    Edit: Just looked it up. It is him. 1989.

  14. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,030
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    NCAA hoops are heating up already, Kansas and Duke play in Chicago on Tuesday.

  15. #13
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    930
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The thing that impresses me with Wiggins is that his footwork is just so crisp and so fast. Doesn't matter if it's a spin-move, a post-up move, a step-back jumper. It's better than smooth, it's flawless. For me, that's the thing that separates him from most freshman talents. Others might have more impressive physiques or better big-game presence, but those things will inevitably come for Wiggins in time.

  16. #14
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    2,698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    he travelled a few times against Duke, so you know, easy on the "flawless" thing hahaha

  17. #15
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    930
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hey, the footwork is fine, the travels are the result of picking up the ball! Okay, flawless was total hyperbole. But when his footwork is on, it's really great.

  18. #16
    Raptors Republic Rookie gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    180
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Quirk wrote: View Post
    Great for a middle aged guy like me, I can keep being hip until I turn grey, I guess.
    So when are we watching a game at "Cheers"?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •