Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Free pizza only if Raptors Win!

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    Man fuck Pizza Pizza, first it was 100 points and you got your slice on the way home, then it was a 100 and you had to remember to take your ticket with you the next day to get your shitty 2 dollar slice of pizza, now they won't give it to us unless they win?
    FUCK PIZZA PIZZA

Dairy Queen needs to sponsor this shit so I actually get something worthwhile than gutter pizza when they pull off the feat.
    Don't forget the "at participating locations" disclaimer....meaning if you travel 10 minutes outside the downtown core, you weren't getting pizza anyway
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    Man fuck Pizza Pizza, first it was 100 points and you got your slice on the way home, then it was a 100 and you had to remember to take your ticket with you the next day to get your shitty 2 dollar slice of pizza, now they won't give it to us unless they win?
    FUCK PIZZA PIZZA

Dairy Queen needs to sponsor this shit so I actually get something worthwhile than gutter pizza when they pull off the feat.
    Free food is free food in my eyes
    Twitter - @thekid_it

3. Like LBF liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Don't forget the "at participating locations" disclaimer....meaning if you travel 10 minutes outside the downtown core, you weren't getting pizza anyway
    I remember taking my tickets in to a Pizza Pizza the next day, about an hour out of TO, but still in the GTA. The guy probably didn't even know who the Raptors were, let alone I was entitled to a free slice. He just looked at me like I was an idiot.

I still don't like the 100 points, even in a win. You will still have the dumb-asses that boo when Toronto wins with 98 or 99 points and dribbles out the clock. It should be something so fans can't boo in a win or cheer in a loss.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Beaverboi wrote: View Post
    I still don't like the 100 points, even in a win. You will still have the dumb-asses that boo when Toronto wins with 98 or 99 points and dribbles out the clock. It should be something so fans can't boo in a win or cheer in a loss.
    Exactly - the "win the game" caveat won't change this at all, which was the real problem. The decent thing to do in terms of respecting your opponent is to dribble out the clock when the game is in hand. Now that pisses off the fans if 100 is within reach, and even though the Raps are about to win a game they get nothing but boos at the final buzzer. It's a terrible promotional idea. Come up with something completely different - like base it on a 1/2 court fan shot during 1/2 time, or on Stripes/the Raptor landing a stunt or some other fan-friendly "entertainment" aspect of the experience, rather than tying it to production on the court which should be about many things, fans getting a slice of pizza least of all.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How about free pizza if the Raptors hold the opponents to under 40% from the field (again, must be in a win).

The stat won't be revealed until the final buzzer, therefore no inappropriate booing or cheering.

And this way, maybe the casual fan starts to appreciate a good team defensive effort too....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

7. Like CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what the promotion costs Pizza Pizza and/or MLSE in money.. but last year if they just took all Home Wins where the Raptors had at least 100 points then that only totaled 10 games.

A better promotion would be to only give out free pizza if the Raptors hold the opposing team to under 100 points and they win. Last year there were 19 occurrences of that. Would Pizza Pizza/MLSE be willing to give out 9 more slices of pizza per fan?

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    How about free pizza if the Raptors hold the opponents to under 40% from the field (again, must be in a win).

The stat won't be revealed until the final buzzer, therefore no inappropriate booing or cheering.

And this way, maybe the casual fan starts to appreciate a good team defensive effort too....
    If it was something like that. Then every fan should get a free whole pizza because i seriously doubt the raptors will hold opponents under 40% very often.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Thread Information