Free pizza only if Raptors Win!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free pizza only if Raptors Win!

Pizza Pizza has changed its long standing promotion with the Raptors. The Raptors still have to score at least 100 points but now they also have to win!

No more booing for wins... Woohoo!

More details can be found here:
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...ngredient.html

In the past, fans got a free slice of pizza whenever the Raptors scored 100 points or more. Now the team also has to win the game and score 100 before fans on hand can go to a Pizza Pizza the next day to redeem their ticket for a free slice of cheese or pepperoni.

LOL, a step in the right direction.

Now the question is, how long will it take the fanbase to realize the change?

Comment

It's not that much different. Last year they scored 100+ in 14 home games, and won 10 of them. Assuming sellout crowds and every person redeeming a slice, and 8 slices per pizza, they would have saved about 10,000 pizza's.

I usually give my ticket to a homeless guy on the way out.
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

I have no idea why it wasnt like this since the get go thats what we get for having years of no defense coaches like Wilkens and Triano.... so fans could get something for going to a losing game.. Im surprised Dantoni era Suns and Lakers dont have this promo lol.

Comment

It should never have been points scored. It should always have been if we won the game.

The margin has to be pretty high for Pizza Pizza. If I'm the CEO and I've already tied up my brand with a particular team, it makes a whole lot more sense to make my product synonymous with winning than making it about how many points the team scores. If I had been the Raptors I would have insisted on this when signing with that company.
          your pal,
          ebrian

Comment

How about Pizza Pizza scrap the giveaway and just lower their concession prices during the game? $15 for a cheese slice and water....yeah that sounds fair :|

What? I don't even get to keep the bottle cap???

Comment

Glad they're changing it to this. It must be so embarrassing as a team to have to endure the celebration amidst a losing effort. Many coaches, like Thibodeau, have also commented on how stupid it is.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                What? I don't even get to keep the bottle cap???
                HAHAHAHA I said these exact words when I went to the Knicks preseason game.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  HAHAHAHA I said these exact words when I went to the Knicks preseason game.
                  lol, to this day, I haven't received a real explanation as to why they do that. To prevent projectiles on the court? To ensure that outside drinks aren't brought into the arena? To recycle plastic?

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                    It should never have been points scored. It should always have been if we won the game.

The margin has to be pretty high for Pizza Pizza. If I'm the CEO and I've already tied up my brand with a particular team, it makes a whole lot more sense to make my product synonymous with winning than making it about how many points the team scores. If I had been the Raptors I would have insisted on this when signing with that company.
                    Yes, nothing spells job security like tens of thousands of your companies products being given away for free..
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

They should make it for every time we keep a team under 95 points.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                        I usually give my ticket to a homeless guy on the way out.
                        Why do you hate homeless people?

Comment

I guess they weren't kidding when they said they wanted to "change the culture" around the team.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                            Why do you hate homeless people?
                            Haha that was awesome. Pizza Pizza is gahbage!

So glad that stupid promo is over. It was already bad enough watching the Raptors lose, but then hearing the retards cheering and chanting for cardboard pizza on top of that?? Get The Fuck Outta Hea'!!

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              They should make it for every time we keep a team under 95 points.
                              I don't think it should be tied to point totals in either direction (holding under/going over)

I think the best way to have this promo would be to offer pizza every time the Raptors beat their opponent by 10. It makes it totally flexible regarding point totals, focuses on winning, and is a pretty hard task to accomplish but should still happen enough for fans to enjoy it.

*A quick look at last year shows that would've resulted in 11 free pizza nights.... Sounds about right
                              Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Oct 30, 2013, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X