Thread: Restricted Free Agents?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Restricted Free Agents?

It appears that there will be a number of very good young restricted free agents this coming off-season.

Gordon Hayward
    Greg Monroe
    Eric Bledsoe
    Avery Bradley
    Greivis Vasques

And many others, list who you like.

Do you think our front office will make a run at any of these guys?

Post Thanks / Like

Don't think Bledsoe is going anywhere unless he is a complete dud (and even then...).

Doubt Bradley is going anywhere either. The C's will sign him or they'll trade him and he'll re-sign elsewhere.

Hayward would be a great fit at the SF position for us, but don't see him here unless it's a sign and trade (assuming cap space).

Monroe and Vasquez are definitely realistically available. Monroe seems to be a guy people really like or really dislike (can a guy be both over and under rated at the same time?). He's a good passing big, but I'm not sure he does enough elsewhere for the Raps to bother.

Vazquez would be a nice stop gap PG, but he isn't likely to lead a team to contention. Would be a great back-up PG
    F*ck Brooklyn

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my issue with this. The guys that will truly be available off this list will need big bucks. For example, Haywood wants $12M. Let's say Bledsoe is a minimum of $8 or $9M (otherwise, assume he would have just signed), likley more. That means Gay and Lowry are gone and the Raps are basically back in the same salary cap spot. For what? A couple more wins? You won't get any one of them cheap because the current teams will just match if the salary is reasonable. I like a lot of those players but not at the price they will command if you want to prevent their current teams from matching.

For me, the better approach is to try and find that level of talent (good players) in the draft, which Ujiri has a solid track record of doing, and let's save the cap space for big time talent (by trade or FA).

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Here's my issue with this. The guys that will truly be available off this list will need big bucks. For example, Haywood wants $12M. Let's say Bledsoe is a minimum of $8 or $9M (otherwise, assume he would have just signed), likley more. That means Gay and Lowry are gone and the Raps are basically back in the same salary cap spot. For what? A couple more wins? You won't get any one of them cheap because the current teams will just match if the salary is reasonable. I like a lot of those players but not at the price they will command if you want to prevent their current teams from matching.

For me, the better approach is to try and find that level of talent (good players) in the draft, which Ujiri has a solid track record of doing, and let's save the cap space for big time talent (by trade or FA).
    Is Spencer Haywood available?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post

.... and then use Bird Rights to retain the pieces acquired via the draft.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Is Spencer Haywood available?

He wants $20M...... Nice find.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be SO happy to reap in returns for Rudy Gay, then pick up Hayward in the summer.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Thread Information