Amir taking 3s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir taking 3s

So can we make a big deal out of this? He took 3 shots from beyond the line in the celtics game, getting one of them. But more importantly, one of those shots was down the stretch, only a possession ahead.

Casey didn't take him out. He didn't call timeout to talk about it. Are we trying to groom Amir into Bargs 2.0 now?

I think it's how PF's are playing the game now. Amir is not a bad mid range shooter.. he takes a long time but if he has his feet and has time to take the shot, I think he should and will probably make it at a decent clip.

It's a nice weapon to have as most teams would play off his shot hoping he would take it.

Comment

So long as Amir makes his swag face after he lands a three he can keep taking them.

Comment

If they are giving it to him and the coaches think he's good enough at it, then i guess its OK. I really felt Hansborough played better tonight though

Comment

They probably want him to shoot it like a Bosh, just so that defenders don't give him 10 feet of space. Opens up the middle slightly for JV.
          A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

if he's wide open and hitting them then sure
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

It's a good idea if he can start hitting them with some sort of consistency. Right now though, I'm not comfortable with it.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

If he can hit one out of three, that's three points for every three attempts. Equivalent to scoring 2's at a 50% rate. Keep shooting Amir.

Comment

I hated Bosh drifting outside and it irks me when Amir does. It speaks to the weakness the rest of the starting lineup has behind the arc, that they feel the need to park Amir out there. I'd much rather have more of a traditional post-up PF to team down low with Valanciunas, so they can alternative hi/low post. I also think Valanciunas could develop a Luc Longley / Rasho style 12' baseline jumper, which would also partner well with a traditional PF. I want my bangers to bang, and be in position for offensive rebounds. Valanciunas and Hansborough were fantastic tonight... Amir was ok, but he's a 3rd big anyway, so he's on par with expectations.

Comment

Ya, as others have said, its a great tool for opening up the lanes for Demar and Rudy to drive as well as to give JV more room to operate. I'm fine with it... as long as he hits a few of em. Otherwise its useless, as they just won't defend it.

Comment

I dont mind it it means opposing bigs have to close out on him fro time to time and that = more driving lanes.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                        I dont mind it it means opposing bigs have to close out on him fro time to time and that = more driving lanes.
                        Speaking of driving, wasn't it awesome when Amir drove down the middle then dished it off to JV for a dunk?
                        OG is our king

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                          if he's wide open and hitting them then sure
                          My thoughts exactly.

Hoping the one he took with the game on the line, was an anomaly.

Comment

If he hits at 35% - fine. I doubt that's going to happen though - and would prefer he did not take 3s - and most certainly not in clutch 4th quarter situations.

Comment

As long as Amir is taking open 3-pters in the flow of the game - not early in the shot clock - he should have the green light. This team rebounds well - that's new, but get used to it - and Amir is a decent jumper shooter now.
                              The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Working...
                              X