Amir taking 3s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Amir shooting 3's"

Its STUPID and i hate it. I dont care if he worked on his shot this summer. He's a 6'10 guy, he should park his ass below the rim and get easy 2.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Dude teams are packing the paint so we can't drive to the basket. As long as teams don't guard him and let him take that shot I say fire away.

It's the same reason Bosh takes so many 3's for Miami, it creates more room for Lebron and Wade to do their thing in the paint.
      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

If he's hitting nearly 1/3 or somewhere around that +30 percentage, I'd be content. He was working on it consistently in the summer; hence the Matt Devlin "Summer 3."

Anyways, it'd be good to have him be a player that the opposition has to think twice about defending on the perimeter, means more room for guys like DeMar and JV inside offensively.

If there's someone we need to be worried about hitting the 3, it's Kyle Lowry. Seriously, he has struggled with his outside shooting since pre-season, and that fractured ring finger isn't helpful.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

If he's shooting it at 33%+ why not? So far he hasn't taken more than 3, and he's still getting 8+ boards. Lots of 4s take 3s.

Comment

amir is currently .375 3-point shooter. hilarious. better than both demar and rudy and just behind lowry (and novak but hes only taken 2 attempts so far)

Comment

Amir took 4 threes tonight. Just DUMB. Raptors shot selection is BRUTAL.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                amir is currently .375 3-point shooter. hilarious. better than both demar and rudy and just behind lowry (and novak but hes only taken 2 attempts so far)
                actually its demar who's shooting 375% or 3 pointers made 1.5-4.0 3 pointers attempted from 3. amir's shooting 333% or 3 pointers made 1.0-3.0 3 pointers attempted
                *edit* espn sucks at updating player stats your right he's shooting 375% 3-8 for the first 3 games *edit*
                Last edited by pauljondy; Sun Nov 3, 2013, 01:23 AM.

Comment

pauljondy wrote: View Post
                  actually its demar who's shooting 375% or 3 pointers made 1.5-4.0 3 pointers attempted from 3. amir's shooting 333% or 3 pointers made 1.0-3.0 3 pointers attempted
                  I think you should look at correct stats or watch the games.

Comment

amir and derozan are shooting 37.5% each from the 3 point line and gay is shooting an awful 20.0% from the 3 point line although its 45.0% if u don't count the hawks game
                    Last edited by pauljondy; Sun Nov 3, 2013, 01:32 AM.

Comment

I'd like to know the offensive rebound rate when bigs take 3's vs. perimeter players.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Amir is our best 3-point shooter so far.
                        A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

GoldenBaller wrote: View Post
                          Amir is our best 3-point shooter so far.
                          How strange..... There was a play with a swing swing swing hit amir in the Corner and wtf? lol

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                            How strange..... There was a play with a swing swing swing hit amir in the Corner and wtf? lol
                            that was demar not amir

Comment

Amir is shooting .708 from the field. He can take what ever shot he wants! Also did anyone else know his our 4th leading scored at 12.3 points per game.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

If he is unguarded, which he has been, then take the shot. It's not like he's a top scoring option, so he's not getting the ball until later in the shot clock anyway. Teammates have to understand what is happening though, and position themselves on the glass. Once he hits a few, you'll start to see some token D on him on the perimeter, and at that point, he probably shouldn't take the shot.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X