No announcement yet.

Casey: I think DeMar DeRozan can become that superstar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After tonight's performance, i'm stashing Derozan into the (nearly) untouchable category. We haven't had a guard that was literally unguardable, since Carter. And unlike Carter and Gay, you can't question Demar's drive and work ethic. Also, I don't think I'd be able to follow the Raptors anymore If Amir was traded/let-go, so I consider him untouchable.

Demar. Amir, Jonas everyone else is fair=game.
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
      After tonight's performance, i'm stashing Derozan into the (nearly) untouchable category. We haven't had a guard that was literally unguardable, since Carter. And unlike Carter and Gay, you can't question Demar's drive and work ethic.
      We still don't have a guard that's "unguardable." DeMar has improved a lot and I don't want to trade him either (he's a Toronto-style grinder and we all have a soft spot for him because of that), but his worst enemy on offense is still his tendency to hesitate on the dribble instead of go for the drive.

Comment

Gay played like ass. DeMar was going Kobe tonight

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I can think of only player who reached superstar status after 5 years in the league: Steve Nash.

That type of talent shows itself immediately. Can you think of any other player?
          Demar's discipline and hard work are very impressive and it's what has made him a good player and IMO that's what he'll remain. Nash blossomed late but I don't think he can be considered a 'superstar'. A player who comes to mind is Tracy McGrady although his late superstardom was due to lack of opportunity in his initial years(2nd fiddle to VC).
          Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
            I think you meant Demar
            Yep, my bad LOL.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
              Demar's discipline and hard work are very impressive and it's what has made him a good player and IMO that's what he'll remain. Nash blossomed late but I don't think he can be considered a 'superstar'. A player who comes to mind is Tracy McGrady although his late superstardom was due to lack of opportunity in his initial years(2nd fiddle to VC).
              2 MVP is about as superstar as it gets

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                Nash blossomed late but I don't think he can be considered a 'superstar'. A player who comes to mind is Tracy McGrady although his late superstardom was due to lack of opportunity in his initial years(2nd fiddle to VC).
                would you consider what tracey macgrady brought to his team, and is mates as more, and better than what nash did?

A volume shooting, stat guy, over a team running floor coach?

I dunno man, I dont think its fair to call one a superstar, and one not. Maybe of you switched the names around...

Comment

Working...
                X