Casey: I think DeMar DeRozan can become that superstar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casey: I think DeMar DeRozan can become that superstar

"Organic is the word people use," said Casey, when asked about homegrown superstars. "It would be great. I would love to see DeMar DeRozan rise and grow and become that superstar. He has that ability and it's just a matter of time. That would be great for him to do that."

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/10/30...me-a-superstar
    Believe it or not, not trolling here.

But I do find this silly.

I can think of only player who reached superstar status after 5 years in the league: Steve Nash.

That type of talent shows itself immediately. Can you think of any other player?

I'm rooting for DeMar but I think this shows just how out of touch Casey is. I do realize he is not going to come out and say he is average but at the same time that quote comes off as delusional to me. What do you think?

We hear that every year...

Comment

I remember Casey making this statement before... now who was that about? Can't remember his name. He was tall and took alot of jumpshots. Really loved pasta for some reason. Ah well, couldn't have been that influential to the team if I can't remember who he was.

Comment

Coaches are always going to make statements like this, regardless of what they really think of the player. Not many coaches are that honest to the media.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
          Coaches are always going to make statements like this, regardless of what they really think of the player. Not many coaches are that honest to the media.
          Agreed. This is just Casey being a pseudo father and praising/motivating his kid.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Agreed. This is just Casey being a pseudo father and praising/motivating his kid.
            While secretly he is face palming with the rest of us on every pull up jumper.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Brandon wrote:
              Well, superstar swingmen don't look awkward and lost with the ball in their hands. I was saying in the game chat last night that it looks to me that Ross is a much better player. I've never heard anyone use the word 'Organic' when talking about "homegrown superstars", and even so, Derozan is from L.A. I don't know why Casey is using the term, other than to avoid having a meaningful discussion about Derozan's game.
              You lost me there.

Comment

Casey is drunk
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  Casey is drunk
                  After last night, could you blame him?

We barely beat the Celtics! A team with no NBA PG who turned it over more than 20 times (last count I remember was 23 but Im too lazy to check the final stats) and was still in the game late into the 4th.

Comment

Next year it'll be Ross. Yawn.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

It's the next logical progression in Demar's career.
                      Up to him to see if he can do it and if last night was any indication, it might not materialize as quickly as Casey would like.

I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Maybe DeRozan is an enigma...

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          I can think of only player who reached superstar status after 5 years in the league: Steve Nash.

Can you think of any other player?
                          Depends how loosely you define "superstar". The other obvious late bloomer is Gary Payton. Chauncey Billups and Detlef Schrempf? Can't think of anyone else. Gerald Wallace? Mike Miller?

Comment

I thought Fields easily outplayed Demar last night on both ends of the floor, yet Demar played 40 minutes and Landry 18. Forget about accountability, lets just play our "superstars"

Comment

Landry and Hansbrough were the most impressive.

Comment

Working...
                              X