All-Star Festivities 2016: Additions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-Star Festivities 2016: Additions

What additions do you hope TL brings to the All-Star game festivities in 2016?

Some ideas:
    ~ 1on1 Half-Court Battle
    ~ 3on3 Half-Court Battle (you could mix veterans with current players: MJ, Kobe, Bird, Miller, Lebron, Magic)

gametime wrote: View Post
    ...~ 3on3 Half-Court Battle (you could mix veterans with current players: MJ, Kobe, Bird, Miller, Lebron, Magic)
    This would be fun. I like the idea of bringing veterans back. But any kind of a physical requirement would eliminate Magic, Barkley and many others

Comment

Great idea, but harder to put into practice. A lot of these guys won't come back, and those are the ones you'd want to see the most. MJ/Bird, for example would never come back to do this. They have too much pride (and take themselves too seriously) to step out there and get schooled by someone half their age.
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

gametime wrote: View Post
        What additions do you hope TL brings to the All-Star game festivities in 2016?

Some ideas:
        ~ 1on1 Half-Court Battle
        ~ 3on3 Half-Court Battle (you could mix veterans with current players: MJ, Kobe, Bird, Miller, Lebron, Magic)
        The more I think about it the more boring 1-on-1 sounds

and 3-on-3 they basically have already. 1 retired player, 1 WNBA star and 1 celebrity. They just need to stop letting football players join as the "celebrity", it doesn't count when 6'5 freak athlete Terrell Owens is taking on the guy from Scrubs.

Comment

Non basketball entertainment....using the city/state/province of teams that made the semifinals in '15.

a) the highest selling music talent/group from each team location
          b) the "dance pak" of each team
          c) the mascot

Have a competition for each grouping.

Let the crowd decide the winner (noise meter).

Comment

Free throw shooting contest between the worst free throw shooters:
            i.e.:
            -Dwight Howard
            -Omar Ashik
            -Andres Bedrins
            -Chuck hayes
            -Shaq
            -Ben Wallace
            -Rondo
            -Splitter
            -Perkins

Comment

Rap battle between players. Cant be any worse than Allen iversons rap career.

Comment

I'd love to see 1 on 1 at the all-star game, but I don't think any events could be added by 2016--the all-star events are listed in the CBA. Any additions would have to be negotiated in the next one (2017 at the earliest) or in a special negotiating session.

Comment

Stripper pole dancing competition. lol. Welcome to the NBA lifestyle!

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    Rap battle between players. Cant be any worse than Allen iversons rap career.
                    Freestyle competition! That would be very funny to watch.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                    X