Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Game #2: Atlanta Hawks 102 - Toronto Raptors 95 (F)

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote octothorp wrote: View Post
    What lost the game was Casey's decision to go with Daye for the last five minutes of the first half, which sparked a Hawks run and put them into a hole they could never get out of. Starters plus Fields makes some sense in the unit that closed out the game, because Fields can make up for at least some of Demar's defence and can do smart things on offense. Daye, Gay and DeRozan on the court is an idea that makes no sense, especially during key moments in the game.
    OMG couldn't agree more! That's soooo true, I didn't even think about that. That was when we lost it and Atlanta gained a lot of confidence. It was all downhill from there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    Augustin surprised me with how composed he is under pressure. He's better than Lowry at the drive and kick, which is pretty discouraging now that I think of it
    Augustin was a pretty solid point guard when he started for Charlotte, I remember he was a Raptor killer as well.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Shouldn't he earn these minutes than? Like everyone is saying Ross should. His not a savior.
    No actually. Not everyone is saying that. Ross got screwed last year too. This year as well. ED before that.

Casey is probably eh worst coach the raptors can have right now. If the team is relying on internal organic growth to take the next step, it isn't going to happen with Ross and JV on the bench.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I ask this in all honesty, because I am more of a fan than a player. Did we try one pick n roll tonight?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    I honestly think a lot of our loses falls on Casey. Like his rotations and his offense are soooo bad! Our team is good enough to be a playoff team. Yea our sealing isn't high but we should be beating teams like Atlanta. Casey is a BIG problem. Rudy played really bad but he missed shots he normally makes and will make. And then our defense still isn't even great so what's the point of Casey.
    I agree. Stan Van Gundy would not have to olerated a loss like tonight's if he was Raptor coach. This 'winnable' game we lost yet again. Lakers fired coach four games in last year why not us?

Post Thanks / Like

JV's sucking tonite or not isn't the issue. Of course a 2nd yr rookie is going to suck against the combined post of milsap and horford. But what is the fucking point of all this talk of his development if you don't even give him the chance to work it out instead of benching him for most of the game. You want him to suck and make mistakes now when the games don't matter as much, rather than later when the raps are 'supposed' to go on their playoff run.

7. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    The only time Jonas got a stop on horford was when they doubled down.
    And who exactly was stopping Horford? Amir didn't. And again, it allowed their other bigs to have better games. I'll take Jonas having a tough game, but playing tough, which he was, against an all-star. The Raps had no rim protection with him out of the game. And it put too much responsibility on Amir. Going small didn't accomplish anything. The lineup wasn't actually playing that well, except that DeMar was having a great night. If DeMar was having an average game, that lineup would've looked damn awful. They weren't running good things to even free him up. It was crappy offense, spotty D, and they're lucky DeMar was hot, otherwise they would've been blown out by 20

9. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I don't want to be dramatic after 2 games like most fans are but the more I think about it the more I think Casey is the problem and we need to fire him. He isn't the only problem but he's a big problem and maybe the number one problem. Our rotations and our lack of offense are our biggest problems and that lies mostly on Casey.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Guys, Atlanta has too much talent for us to handle. Perhaps if JV was more seasoned it would have been a more even match,but with all this perimeter one on one stuff we aren't going far this season.
    That is scary statement. If any truth is crushing to many of us.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote phez wrote: View Post
    JV's sucking tonite or not isn't the issue. Of course a 2nd yr rookie is going to suck against the combined post of milsap and horford. But what is the fucking point of all this talk of his development if you don't even give him the chance to work it out instead of benching him for most of the game. You want him to suck and make mistakes now when the games don't matter as much, rather than later when the raps are 'supposed' to go on their playoff run.
    You got it.

Here is a riddle: how do you kill talent? Destroy it's confidence
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

JV's sucking tonite or not isn't the issue. Of course a 2nd yr rookie is going to suck against the combined post of milsap and horford. But what is the fucking point of all this talk of his development if you don't even give him the chance to work it out instead of benching him. You want him to suck and make mistakes now when the games don't matter as much, rather than later when the raps are 'supposed' to go on their playoff run.
    And I can't stress enough that his presence alone made a difference. Even if he couldn't stop Horford, it let Amir focus on containing Millsap. And their size meant that they were controlling the glass quite well.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL Raps didn't lose this game because Casey decided to go with Daye the last 5mins of the first half. They lost this game because of poor offensive execution.

Rudy playing 1 on 5 in the first half. Amir shooting 3's. Lowry can't make plays.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So Lowry is probably going to get traded along with Ross. Hell I'd trade Ross or Lowry for Schroeder. What really sucked was Rudy driving for a shot and Hansborough wide open for Rudy to just do a little drop off pass. The guy played so selfish tonight it was unbelievable.

Post Thanks / Like

This game tonight signals to me that there will be no playoff run period.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    LOL Raps didn't lose this game because Casey decided to go with Daye the last 5mins of the first half. They lost this game because of poor offensive execution.

Rudy playing 1 on 5 in the first half. Amir shooting 3's. Lowry can't make plays.
    Coaching should be managing all these issues,..l

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ouch. thank god i didnt watch this game!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post

All those things are right, and some more things as well. But I still want to blame Casey because he's making all the same frustrating mistakes we've seen him do all of last season. There's little to argue against the Raptors having the worst offensive set in the entire league.

Post Thanks / Like

Well the good thing is Masai won't stand for this and if they continue to play like this we won't see this same team at the end of the year. He takes action and makes smart decisions unlike Colangelo.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe its too late to be pissed off but this is the second game in a row the Raptors faced an opponent that featured an undrafted euro talent that was signed by an NBA team (Faverani of Boston and Pero Antic from Atlanta) what the hell was Gherardini who had the inside track in Europe to all the players did here anyway???!!!

remember when we made fun of Barg's how he should have developed a tough persona and look ?!

This is Pero Antic who we were looking for!

Post Thanks / Like

Meanwhile:

Anderson giving some good energy for the Nets - We all definitely know what Miami Heat fans are feeling in terms of this game right now.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information