Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #2: Atlanta Hawks 102 - Toronto Raptors 95 (F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    How they can defend pnr correctly when they don't communicate?
    well exactly. IMO Kyle needs to be that vocal leader.. the PG is the head of the offense and defense.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Did anyone get the feeling that with about ten minutes left, demar just said "f%*# the analytics.....I'm just going to launch every 18 footer I see"? I can't decide if it's bad or good that he made a lot of them. It was fun to watch though.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
        Did anyone get the feeling that with about ten minutes left, demar just said "f%*# the analytics.....I'm just going to launch every 18 footer I see"? I can't decide if it's bad or good that he made a lot of them. It was fun to watch though.
        If only he drove the basket and dunked on the entire hawks team. It might have woken up some of the team

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
          So Lowry cant run a PnR ?
          No. He can't run a team.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            No. He can't run a team.
            He can't even play basketball

Comment

• wow.

Calm down, guys.

Comment

• lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                ...#poundtherock <---- holdup, is that still our motto?
                Last year they pounded the rock.

This year it's "Pick Up The Pieces!"

Comment

• This article says its all IMO.. or at least most of it.

About the only time the Raptors looked good against the Hawks was early on when superior length and athleticism was on display. They were protecting the rim, getting rebounds and asserting themselves. That said, Atlanta still had the game about even at the time and the Raptors tried another tact, which didn’t work at all, going smaller.
                  There’s no other way to say it, Gay is an extremely frustrating player. All the talent in the world, but a basketball IQ that wanders off to get a coffee far too often during games. If Gay would simply aim to only take ideal shots (not fadeaways, not 1-on-1 jacks with hands in his face) and even more importantly, if he would look to set up his teammates more (especially Jonas Valanciunas) he would be an all-star and the Raptors would be quite a different team. He did look for the red hot DeMar DeRozan down the stretch and he did even throw an entry pass to Valanciunas early (one reader tweeted to me he has seen three entry passes thrown to Valanciunas in the first two games combined! That’s unacceptable), but he made a number of fundamentally bad calls. This is nothing new, anybody that watched Gay in Memphis had similar frustrations and criticisms. He makes life way more difficult on himself than he needs to.
                  Back to Valanciunas, the so-called future of the Raptors. The way he is utilized doesn’t back up such grand talk. Valanciunas has a ways to go defensively, but he’s proven his offensive mettle everywhere he’s played. Give him the ball, he’ll be effective with it. He needs to get stronger and more assertive still in establishing position, but even without mastering that yet, he’s an efficient offensive player who needs to be a higher option both in the play calls and in the eyes of his teammates. There is no way Gay should be attempting 15 shots and Valanciunas just four in a half.
                  Again, the ball was sticking, creativity was lacking and 1-on-1 was the mentality of the day. Only one assists on 10 shots in the first quarter was the low point, but 15 assists vs. 12 turnovers overall isn’t going to cut it most nights. Teague had 12 assists (and just one turnover) by himself. At some point the Raptors are going to have to address the point guard position long-term.
                  click the link to read more:

http://blogs.canoe.ca/courtside/bask...-night-ruined/

the only thing missing is a serious critique of Casey even though he brings up criticisms in a round about way

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                    Watching the game now.. you can imagine my face when Daye was the first off the bench...

Also, what the hell kinda defense is this?

Looks like he's setting a screen. Honestly.
                    Think thats bad, look at Rudy Gay, just standing there, waiting for the ball to either come to him or be scored so he can run down and jack up whatever shot he feels like.

Comment

Working...
                    X