Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #2: Atlanta Hawks 102 - Toronto Raptors 95 (F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rapstor4life wrote: View Post
    this game should solidify augustin is the back up point then buycks then stone....dont really know why stone played dont know why buycks played either for that matter.

Daye shouldnt play, stone shouldnt play, buycks shouldnt play and gray shouldnt play

jv
    amir
    rudy
    demar
    kyle

fields
    ross
    dj
    hansborough
    if he has to go 10 deep novak/acy depending on needs/match ups. Done bench warmers are there for a reason play in case of injuries! Garbage time etc
    preach!
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
      Wow, This game was on Casey by far... and he throws Val under the bus?

I really want to like Casey, and y'know early in the first, the paint was protected Casey-style (or at least what its advertised to be), but soon everything unraveled, His rotations were confusing, his timeouts were misplaced, I dont understand his reluctance to run pick and rolls, or his reluctance to demand post up plays for Val, Demar, and Rudy.

and Im still pissed he threw Val under the bus.

Im losing confidence in Casey
      Couldn't have said it better myself.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I can't believe that there are people who legitimately think that benching JV was the correct call. Are we turning on him now that Bargnani is gone?

He wasn't able to stop Horford, but quite honestly who, outside of, say, Duncan/Hibbert/Chandler/Gasol would really stop that fellow? I am quite certain that a 7', mobile center is a better option than playing small ball with piss-poor shooters.

Casey is the new Tank Commander, and he just drove it over our best prospect.

Comment

• It's so funny that since the season has started the bench has looked better than the starting lineup. Maybe playing the bench so much in the preseason and hardly playing the starters thinking they have it down packed is the reason. I think the starters really need to get it together because to me the bench has played good enough. Definitely better than they did in preseason. And Casey NEEDS to end this small ball rotation. But I know he won't because he always feels like he has to match up with the other team instead of have them match up with him.

Comment

• khd wrote: View Post
            i can't believe that there are people who legitimately think that benching jv was the correct call. Are we turning on him now that bargnani is gone?

He wasn't able to stop horford, but quite honestly who, outside of, say, duncan/hibbert/chandler/gasol would really stop that fellow? I am quite certain that a 7', mobile center is a better option than playing small ball with piss-poor shooters.

Casey is the new tank commander, and he just drove it over our best prospect.
            right!

Comment

• I just re-watched half of this game, and I can say that benching was the right call, just the reason is a LIE.

Our guards and no communication screwed the game. Don't start bullshitting now and just turn on this game again and check our guards aggressive level on defense... ( Lowry wasn't even putting pressure on the ball when Jeff was asking for the screens ). Hawks guards became very active, gained more confidence and executed motion sets. ( Al + Millsap + spurs motion offense = amazing. )

I think it was right decision to bench JV because defensive plan wasn't right. When it comes to Raptors "breakdown" defense you gotta look to full picture, are your guards aggressive, what happens when JV is slow to recover after help... It's just the team effort and everybody has to aggressive and communicate ( I think communication is the key problem between JV and the guys )... one player cant be blamed especially when JV tried to give everything he could in this situation.

It's very hard to defend motion sets when you're slow to recover ( and Casey knew that. JV is slow to recovery all the time. )

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                He wasn't able to stop Horford, but quite honestly who, outside of, say, Duncan/Hibbert/Chandler/Gasol would really stop that fellow?
                look it's perfectly reasonable to assume that a second-year player who got limited burn in his first season would be able to take down a two-time All-Star

Comment

• A couple post game thoughts

1) After watching the post game interviews, the players already look defeated, especially Rudy. They are 1-1 and by listening to these guys talk you would think they started 4-19 again.

2) Everytime I hear Casey speak about matchups, its always about us matching up against THEM. He said he pulled JV and didn't play him much because he couldn't keep up with the quick bigs in transition. Okay... I get that, but what about playing our game? Why the FUCK did we not call plays for JV in the post who has 5" on any of their bigs? All this talk from Casey in training camp how were going to get JV more involved is compete bullshit. It's been 2 games and I can barely watch this season because of the rotations and coaching.

3) Rudy has severe tunnel vision. Don't remember the last time I saw a Raptor with stickier fingers.

/goodnight

Comment

• What drives me nuts is he used 13 players today
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I was only able to watch the 1st half tonight, but I have to say, Casey is one of two things:

1. a terrible coach
                      - the rotation was awful and looked like he just picked random names at random times
                      - on the road against an opponent you expect to be fighting for the playoffs, and you decide to experiment with your lineup, giving Daye/Buycks/Stone a little bit of burn just because???

2. a wonderful actor
                      - he says all the right things and tows the company line, but secretly is the mastermind behind MU's secret tank orders

---

The other thing I want to say is that I'm often critical of Amir (I still think he's #3 big on a playoff team), but I really felt bad for the guy. Horford made Valanciunas look like a lost rookie (except when posting up one-on-one), Gay's defensive effort was 50/50 (he looked like an all-world defender one possession, then floated for the next few), and neither Lowry or DeRozan looked like even average defenders (our on-ball and perimeter defense was terrible). Amir worked his ass off defensively, but was left hung out to dry almost every play. That starting unit is a mess defensively and good teams/players will make them pay.

Comment

• What is the point of randomly playing non-rotation guys for limited minutes? Daye, Buycks and Stone have played total of 18 minutes and have had: 5pts (2-7fg) 3rbs and 3fouls. Those minutes should have gone to Ross and Val. Even if they would not have better than the scrubs that played those 18 minutes, that time would help them develop as players and would be benificial in our overall development.

We are going no-where as long as Casey is coaching the team.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          What drives me nuts is he used 13 players today
                          Back-to-back tomorrow night--managing minutes tonight was important.

Comment

• tkfu wrote: View Post
                            Back-to-back tomorrow night--managing minutes tonight was important.
                            this was my initial thought
                            We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

• hopefully demar carries the spark over to milwakuee
                              i got a feeling he will, this kid wants to win and after scoring like that and still not coming out with the win is frustrating. as bad as i feel for us rap fans i feel worse for him. :"(

final thoughts:
                              coach casey is a douche.
                              What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                              The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                              No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• I never liked Casey, I think I even started a thread (or contributed) to bash him and his quotes "lack of balls" after losses. Nothing new for me, just want a change in coaching.
                                Last edited by RandomGuy; Sat Nov 2, 2013, 08:14 AM.
                                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Working...
                                X