Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #2: Atlanta Hawks 102 - Toronto Raptors 95 (F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phez wrote: View Post
    JV's sucking tonite or not isn't the issue. Of course a 2nd yr rookie is going to suck against the combined post of milsap and horford. But what is the fucking point of all this talk of his development if you don't even give him the chance to work it out instead of benching him. You want him to suck and make mistakes now when the games don't matter as much, rather than later when the raps are 'supposed' to go on their playoff run.
    And I can't stress enough that his presence alone made a difference. Even if he couldn't stop Horford, it let Amir focus on containing Millsap. And their size meant that they were controlling the glass quite well.

Comment

• LOL Raps didn't lose this game because Casey decided to go with Daye the last 5mins of the first half. They lost this game because of poor offensive execution.

Rudy playing 1 on 5 in the first half. Amir shooting 3's. Lowry can't make plays.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• So Lowry is probably going to get traded along with Ross. Hell I'd trade Ross or Lowry for Schroeder. What really sucked was Rudy driving for a shot and Hansborough wide open for Rudy to just do a little drop off pass. The guy played so selfish tonight it was unbelievable.

Comment

• phez wrote: View Post
          JV's sucking tonite or not isn't the issue. Of course a 2nd yr rookie is going to suck against the combined post of milsap and horford. But what is the fucking point of all this talk of his development if you don't even give him the chance to work it out instead of benching him for most of the game. You want him to suck and make mistakes now when the games don't matter as much, rather than later when the raps are 'supposed' to go on their playoff run.
          This game tonight signals to me that there will be no playoff run period.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            LOL Raps didn't lose this game because Casey decided to go with Daye the last 5mins of the first half. They lost this game because of poor offensive execution.

Rudy playing 1 on 5 in the first half. Amir shooting 3's. Lowry can't make plays.
            Coaching should be managing all these issues,..l

Comment

• ouch. thank god i didnt watch this game!

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                LOL Raps didn't lose this game because Casey decided to go with Daye the last 5mins of the first half. They lost this game because of poor offensive execution.

All those things are right, and some more things as well. But I still want to blame Casey because he's making all the same frustrating mistakes we've seen him do all of last season. There's little to argue against the Raptors having the worst offensive set in the entire league.

Comment

• Well the good thing is Masai won't stand for this and if they continue to play like this we won't see this same team at the end of the year. He takes action and makes smart decisions unlike Colangelo.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Maybe its too late to be pissed off but this is the second game in a row the Raptors faced an opponent that featured an undrafted euro talent that was signed by an NBA team (Faverani of Boston and Pero Antic from Atlanta) what the hell was Gherardini who had the inside track in Europe to all the players did here anyway???!!!

remember when we made fun of Barg's how he should have developed a tough persona and look ?!

This is Pero Antic who we were looking for!

Comment

• Meanwhile:

Anderson giving some good energy for the Nets - We all definitely know what Miami Heat fans are feeling in terms of this game right now.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Btw, tonight was the Hawks home opener, you wouldn't notice it you look at all the empty seats.

Atlanta has got to be one of the worst NBA city in N. America.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Ryan Wolstat @WolstatSun about 15 minutes ago
                          Casey said Horford and Millsap were too fast for Valanciunas.

Comment

• Eric Smith @Eric__Smith about 16 minutes ago
                            "I'm just tired of losing. We should have won this." - DeRozan after I asked him why he was so visibly upset (knowing NOBODY likes losing)

Comment

• I cannot believe the "JV sucked on D because Horford went off" type comments.

JV has probably received better basketball coaching in Europe than he is getting here. Re Horford...has anyone figured that JV is the only real interior def. presence and that maybe some of his mates did not rotate over when he attacked the inside ball handler? I am not saying he didnt occasionally judged wrong but the whole team played pretty suspect D. As others have noted Horford is not chopped liver and JV's development would have served well to be in there than the bench.

Comment

• Also, I want to say even though Brooklyn has serious size, they can also go small...
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X