Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #2: Atlanta Hawks 102 - Toronto Raptors 95 (F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptors are a better team. But i worry about this game because this game is the Hawks home opener. So they'll be pumped up.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
      I think it's going to be 1 - 1 if JV gets in foul trouble early.

Perimeter defence isn't the Hawk's strong suit so hopefully Demar and Rudy don't chuck bricks.
      thats my fear. DD/rudy will keep going for seemingly 'easy' shots from the perimeter that don't actually make it in.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        Raptors are a better team. But i worry about this game because this game is the Hawks home opener. So they'll be pumped up.
        Kyle Korver is going to test Demar's Defence. We have issues covering pick and rolls on the outside and that's where he (kyle) lives. Amir's going to have to help out JV with transition D and that's been a big problem.

It's going to be a close game.

Comment

JV averaged 16/8 vs Hawks last season.

Comment

Kyle Korver always seems to hit about 5 threes on us, but this game is winnable, I don't think Atlanta is that much better than Toronto, especially since Josh Smith is gone (another player who always seemed to murder us)

Raptors win 96-88.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
              Really interesting matchup tonight. The Tegaue vs Lowry battle should be excellent, Teague looked fantastic against Dallas. Also interested to see if Schroeder torches Augustin. This game is made for Derozan to shine as he will be going against Kyle Korver for most of the game, and probably against Schroeder when Korver isn't on the court (they only played one SG against Dallas). Gay will have a bit harder time going against Carroll, who is actually a pretty tenacious defender and Hansbrough-esque in his energy. Will be a solid test of our perimeter defense as Atlanta is built to shoot lots of 3's. The matchups down low will be the highlight of the night. Really solid test for all of those guys against eachother. I'm expecting a playoff level intensity from this game as both teams know this is one of their main competitors for a playoff spot or seed (I think both will make it unless blown up).
              My guess is they play a lot of Cartier Martin tonight and if it is Korver on DD they run a lot of double teams.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                Kyle Korver always seems to hit about 5 threes on us, but this game is winnable, I don't think Atlanta is that much better than Toronto, especially since Josh Smith is gone (another player who always seemed to murder us)

Raptors win 96-88.
                The vegas line has settled at ATL -3, and 3 points is the standard home court advantage. So, for this game at least, the bookmakers seem to think we're about equal to the Hawks in terms of overall team quality.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  My guess is they play a lot of Cartier Martin tonight and if it is Korver on DD they run a lot of double teams.
                  If Derozan's play can force the Hawks to play Cartier Martin instead of Kyle Korver then Derozan is doing his job. Korver is basically their only wing who can score until Lou Williams comes back from injury. Carroll and Martin at the wings is about as weak an offensive matchup as you'll see in the NBA.

Comment

DD also plays better on the road than at home. I believe he shot 48.8 from the field on the road last year averaging 19 points. Also last time he played Korver he scored 30 points. I would except DD to go "ham" like NoPropsneeded would say.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

If Derozan's play can force the Hawks to play Cartier Martin instead of Kyle Korver then Derozan is doing his job. Korver is basically their only wing who can score until Lou Williams comes back from injury. Carroll and Martin at the wings is about as weak an offensive matchup as you'll see in the NBA.
                      It might not be DD's play. It might be ATL coaching decision in which case I firmly expect JV to get the hook and the Raptors to match the small ball.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                        So a few of my American buddies were completely bashing the Raps today on facebook. They cannot believe how lame the move to use Drake was, and I agree 1000000%.

Lame. Embarrassing.
                        No offense to your "American buddies", but their opinion means nothing. I have friends who bash the raptors, it doesn't mean anything. If they start winning it might change their opinions

Comment

Raps have GOT to run the wings off the 3-point line. Korver isn't exactly known for taking it to the rack.

It's times like these when I wish we had SVG coaching us. You know he'd be jumping up and down screaming his lungs out at any open Korver 3's and would immediately bench the guilty player. With Casey it's more of just a bewildered/exasperated look, and no action taken.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post
                            Raps have GOT to run the wings off the 3-point line. Korver isn't exactly known for taking it to the rack.

It's times like these when I wish we had SVG coaching us. You know he'd be jumping up and down screaming his lungs out at any open Korver 3's and would immediately bench the guilty player. With Casey it's more of just a bewildered/exasperated look, and no action taken.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that.
                            We can't really afford to bench anyone, especially our guards/wings.

Comment

We can't really afford to bench anyone, especially our guards/wings.
                              I disagree. Are our backups as good as our starters? No. Does that mean we're more likely to win if we let our starters play through all their mistakes? No.

Sometimes as a coach you make moves that might not help the team's immediate output, in order to help the bottom line moving forward.

And yes, that bottom line can manifest itself within that same game: Giving up 5 or 6 points by benching a starter can pay dividends later that same game when the starter remembers to close out because of the stern talking to he was given in the 1st quarter.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X