Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raps looking to make playoffs - Anyone but Valanciunas on the block

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/p...-to-make-moves

So apparently were looking to make the play offs and anyone other than Valanciunas is fair game....
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/p...-to-make-moves

So apparently were looking to make the play offs and anyone other than Valanciunas is fair game....
    Marc Stein isn't making any sense; those two statements contradict each other.

Also, he gets paid to "report" that Valanciunas is the only untouchable on the team? Wow. Lucky guy!
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I find it interesting that the raptors are aggressive looking for trades this early on in the season, kinda contradicts the "wait and see" we've been hearing
      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
      Because its 2015

Comment

I find it interesting that the raptors are aggressive looking for trades this early on in the season, kinda contradicts the "wait and see" we've been hearing
        Yeah - seems a bit too soon to be looking to shake things up, especially after the pre-season we had. According to Stein, Ujiri's goal is to make the playoffs and he must really feel that the current team can't do that to look to blow it up early. On the other end, if a deep team change has to be made, best get it out of the way early.

My prediction: Gay + Lowry will be gone. I don't think you can ship one without the other, they're apparently close and shipping one without the other is essentially losing the other to free agency for nothing.

Comment

The media are a tool.

Look at the articles Woj writes. They are practically sent to him written by agents. The Kevin Love piece last year. The Hayward piece last week.

No doubt Ujiri and Leiweke are sending out as many stories as they can through 'sources' to keep everyone on their toes of what is actually going on.

The front office is so small and tight knit now that anything leaked is certainly strategic in nature.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            Marc Stein isn't making any sense; those two statements contradict each other.

Also, he gets paid to "report" that Valanciunas is the only untouchable on the team? Wow. Lucky guy!
            That isn't what he said. He said:

Even at this Week 1 juncture, there are strong indications in circulation that Toronto is exploring its trade options rather vigorously in hopes of constructing a roster that can finally halt a five-season playoff drought.

Already, yes.

The Raptors, I'm told, came into camp with an open mind under new front-office boss Masai Ujiri, willing to even consider an extension for Rudy Gay if they liked what they saw.

The strong sense now, though, is that the Raps are prepared to trade virtually anyone on the current roster if a suitable offer presents itself.
            Trading your best player does not ensure your team gets worse. Ujiri went through that with Denver and Carmelo.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
              Yeah - seems a bit too soon to be looking to shake things up, especially after the pre-season we had. According to Stein, Ujiri's goal is to make the playoffs and he must really feel that the current team can't do that to look to blow it up early. On the other end, if a deep team change has to be made, best get it out of the way early.

My prediction: Gay + Lowry will be gone. I don't think you can ship one without the other, they're apparently close and shipping one without the other is essentially losing the other to free agency for nothing.
              6-1 just like last season!

Comment

i just have a feeling MU is just going to rip off hes old team denver. there well be some denver players in raps uniform in February.
                Javale??Gallinari??Chandler?? anyone

Comment

Rudy and Lowry to denver for Ty Lawson, Kenneth Faried and Wilson Chandler. Boom playoff team with monster upside

Maybe somethin like this, throw in a draft pick or two http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pbn2b6m
                  Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Sat Nov 2, 2013, 02:04 PM.

Comment

JV obviously is untouchable but id put DeRozan in that category as well.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      Rudy and Lowry to denver for Ty Lawson, Kenneth Faried and Wilson Chandler. Boom playoff team with monster upside

Maybe somethin like this, throw in a draft pick or two http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pbn2b6m
                      As long as it isn't DeMar or JV!

Lawson/DeMar/Chandler/Faried/Valanciunas as the starters, with Amir, Hansbrough, Ross, Fields, Augustin being the main guys off. I like, I like.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Is there really a chance we can get Lawson OR Faried without giving up DeRozan or JV? because right now i'd do it.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                          As long as it isn't DeMar or JV!

Lawson/DeMar/Chandler/Faried/Valanciunas as the starters, with Amir, Hansbrough, Ross, Fields, Augustin being the main guys off. I like, I like.
                          Dude that lineup is so complementary its not even funny. Chandler is the perfect wing partner for DeMar while Faried and JV are both high energy rebounders and rim protectors. Then you got Lawson running the show with his extreme quickness and long range.

Comment

Milwaukee seems like a team that would take Gay and Lowry off our hands. They are pathetic at SF and their PG situation is pretty bad too. They are trying really hard to make the playoffs and are faltering right now. Strike while the iron is hot.

To Milwaukee:
                            Gay
                            Lowry

To Toronto:
                            Butler
                            Udoh
                            Ridnour
                            Henson
                            Middleton
                            2014 1st round pick

Something like that.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                              Milwaukee seems like a team that would take Gay and Lowry off our hands. They are pathetic at SF and their PG situation is pretty bad too. They are trying really hard to make the playoffs and are faltering right now. Strike while the iron is hot.

To Milwaukee:
                              Gay
                              Lowry

To Toronto:
                              Butler
                              Udoh
                              Ridnour
                              Henson
                              Middleton
                              2014 1st round pick

Something like that.
                              I don't think you see Milwaukee give up any assets for guys who can leave. JJ Reddick is too recent a memory.

I could see them having interest in DD though because he is under contract for 3 seasons beyond this year.

Also, while they are weak at SF, Butler is passable and Ilyasova can play minutes there. If DD was sent there he could play some minutes as well. A lineup of PG, Mayo, DD could also work with Henson and Sanders protecting the rim. Or Bucks could put Mayo on second unit with Henson and Zaza with DD, Butler, Ilyasova in starting lineup.

Comment

Working...
                              X