No announcement yet.

Raps looking to make playoffs - Anyone but Valanciunas on the block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Cleveland looking for a SF, but also not wanting to commit salary past this season (in case Lebron decides to opt out), then what about Deng to Cleveland / Gay to Chicago?

Toronto gets: Andy V, Bennet, Chicago's 2014 pick
    Chicago gets: Gay
    Cleveland gets: Deng

Toronto would have to trade or waive an additional player as they have 15 on their roster. I suggest waiving Stone.

Not entirely sure yet why Chicago would do it.. but something tells me that they would. Could give them a future protected pick (from 2016 for example if it helps).

Comment

Ew Bennett

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        With Cleveland looking for a SF, but also not wanting to commit salary past this season (in case Lebron decides to opt out), then what about Deng to Cleveland / Gay to Chicago?

Toronto gets: Andy V, Bennet, Chicago's 2014 pick
        Chicago gets: Gay
        Cleveland gets: Deng

Toronto would have to trade or waive an additional player as they have 15 on their roster. I suggest waiving Stone.

Not entirely sure yet why Chicago would do it.. but something tells me that they would. Could give them a future protected pick (from 2016 for example if it helps).
        That trade adds nearly $5M in salary and another $15-20M in tax. I don't think Chicago does it without other pieces.

As an aside, I think Chicago stays the course this year. Boozer will likely be amnestied this summer or traded. I'm hoping the Raptors end up trading Gay for an expiring to allow them the cap space to take Boozer for next season. Chicago can then resign Deng (who really is vital to their team) and Mirotic. Would a shit load of cap space and saving $16.8M to amnesty Boozer be worth Charlotte's pick top 10 protected '14 (unprotected in '16) and a 2015 1st round pick? I hope so.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          That trade adds nearly $5M in salary and another $15-20M in tax. I don't think Chicago does it without other pieces.

As an aside, I think Chicago stays the course this year. Boozer will likely be amnestied this summer or traded. I'm hoping the Raptors end up trading Gay for an expiring to allow them the cap space to take Boozer for next season. Chicago can then resign Deng (who really is vital to their team) and Mirotic. Would a shit load of cap space and saving $16.8M to amnesty Boozer be worth Charlotte's pick top 10 protected '14 (unprotected in '16) and a 2015 1st round pick? I hope so.
          Good point about Chicago's cap situation. Looking at their roster only guy that could help with their cap would be if they included Hinrich.. and then the deal doesn't look as good anymore for them (besides Deng in my opinion is a better player than Gay and fits better for the Bulls).

Washington by the way is 0-3 to start the season. Would a Gay trade work there:

Gay for Ariza, Vesely and Porter?

They don't have a pick, but Porter was the #3 pick last draft. Ariza is an expiring and Vesely is an RFA (so basically an expiring).

Comment

Working...
          X