• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Evan Turner Fit?

what do you thinks of evan turner ? deos he fit

Nelson.

Turner.

Young.

Raptor fans need to start expecting more.

These are all role players.

You add role players when you have your franchise talent and are trying to plug the holes of the roster.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Nelson.

Turner.

Young.

Raptor fans need to start expecting more.

These are all role players.

You add role players when you have your franchise talent and are trying to plug the holes of the roster.
      young and turner aren't role players. turner's got potential averaged 14 ppg 6 rpg and 4 ast per game and young is a 14-15 ppg and 6-7 rpg. as for nelson he's a 6th man on a decent/good team.

*edit* I wonder if Philadelphia would do a turner young for derozan fields to help them tank for wiggins, randle, parker
      Last edited by pauljondy; Sat Nov 2, 2013, 04:10 PM.

Comment

pauljondy wrote: View Post
        young and turner aren't role players. turner's got potential averaged 14 ppg 6 rpg and 4 ast per game and young is a 14-15 ppg and 6-7 rpg. as for nelson he's a 6th man on a decent/good team.

*edit* I wonder if Philadelphia would do a turner young for derozan fields to help them tank for wiggins, randle, parker
        If you are not a star you're a role player; you're a compliment to the stars of the team.

These guys are all at the stage in their careers where you know what you're getting.

They are very very good role/complimentary pieces. Expecting anything more from them and loading a team with that kind of talent is repeating the same mistakes of the last 8 years in toronto.

Comment

If you are not a star you're a role player; you're a compliment to the stars of the team.

These guys are all at the stage in their careers where you know what you're getting.

They are very very good role/complimentary pieces. Expecting anything more from them and loading a team with that kind of talent is repeating the same mistakes of the last 8 years in toronto.
          young averaged 18 ppg and 7 rpg on the 2010-2011 season and the same on the 2011-2012 season and is only 25 and turner averaged 14 ppg 6 rpg and 5 ast per game and is only 25.

I consider a role player as a vet that is past his prime and can still put up decent numbers ie haslem, Anderson for heat

what you just said is not a role player its a 6th man and/or a starter

Comment

pauljondy wrote: View Post
            young averaged 18 ppg and 7 rpg on the 2010-2011 season and the same on the 2011-2012 season and is only 25 and turner averaged 14 ppg 6 rpg and 5 ast per game and is only 25.

I consider a role player as a vet that is past his prime and can still put up decent numbers ie haslem, Anderson for heat

what you just said is not a role player its a 6th man and/or a starter
            Clearly we have a difference of opinion.

I respect where you are coming from.

Starter/6th man whatever you want to call it, however, if you're not a star talent no one good is building around you and therefore you are complimenting the stars.

Comment

Clearly we have a difference of opinion.

I respect where you are coming from.

Starter/6th man whatever you want to call it, however, if you're not a star talent no one good is building around you and therefore you are complimenting the stars.
              back to the main idea for this thread does young and/or turner fit with our team ?

Comment

Casey seems to like small ball a lot - a wing rotation of DeRozan, Turner & Fields with Gay moved primarily to PF would be an interesting experiment that might work.

Evan Turner hasn't been happy in Philly, expected to be traded and could reach his potential given a fresh start - when you are a team like the Raptors that hasn't been able to attract big name free agents, sometimes you got to try a different route.
                The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Is evan Turner a big name Free agent?

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                    Is evan Turner a big name Free agent?
                    he might be in July depending on who opts out and how he does this season - his rookie deal is up in June. The big names - LBJ, CB, Wade, Gay, Melo..... - everybody wants to get could decide to just pick up their options for next year.

Comment

Yes, but is Evan Turner a big time TALENT. This is what I wonder about.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                        Yes, but is Evan Turner a big time TALENT. This is what I wonder about.
                        So have the 76ers

Comment

heh...I need to go look at him closer, admittedly I know little about Turner. My fave players are usually 5 point guys, and by five point I mean, triple threat, then add in coachable and team first ego orientated (good teammate).

If Turner is close to this mould, than I can get into it.

Comment

Turner has been a colossal disappointment in his career so far. He's shown flashes of brilliance once every 10 games or so, but not enough for me to have any real interest in seeing him in a Raptor uniform.

Comment

I'm wondering if someone has ever done a study of high draft picks that don't live up to the hype with the team that drafted them but are given a great opportunity with another organization (with the justification that they have not been used properly). Anecdotally seems like it is rare that this ever pans out.

Comment

Working...
                              X