agree or disagree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• agree or disagree?

kyle lowry should be able to do whatever he wants 70% of the time. Casey can run his crappy plays the other 30.

His playcalling is way too predictable/ineffective with kyle lowry at point guard, and ball stoppers like demar and rudy at the wings.

Nba 2K has better play calls than Dwayne Casey

Comment

wow guys chill out really.

I don't want to defend Casey, but... We just started the season! Few more games and film sessions can change a lot for both - players and coaches.

We don't even have true rotation and you guys r getting mad on Casey because he's running too predictable runs. Just chill out and enjoy how we suck.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
        wow guys chill out really.

I don't want to defend Casey, but... We just started the season! Few more games and film sessions can change a lot for both - players and coaches.

We don't even have true rotation and you guys r getting mad on Casey because he's running too predictable runs. Just chill out and enjoy how we suck.
        I agree in theory.

It's just extremely disappointing not only that Casey seems to be getting outcoached, but that the same problems he's struggled with since the start of last year are evident....Uncertain rotations, poor execution, predictable offense, an inexplicable attraction to small-ball (for a D-first guy), a lack of trust in his young players....

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
          kyle lowry should be able to do whatever he wants 70% of the time. Casey can run his crappy plays the other 30.

His playcalling is way too predictable/ineffective with kyle lowry at point guard, and ball stoppers like demar and rudy at the wings.
          I also disagree with this though. Lowry has not shown the ability to be the offensive leader of a team, to be a Nash, Paul or Rondo-like PG who can basically be a coach on the floor and not need to look over at playcalls.

Casey needs to have a very structured offensive approach with Lowry, who we've seen kill a team's flow by going into me-first mode, so playcalling is good. It's just a problem when you only have a handful of plays you run for 48 minutes.

Comment

Dont forget, turnovers after a timeout. Happened twice against Boston and 2-3 times last night.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
              Dont forget, turnovers after a timeout. Happened twice against Boston and 2-3 times last night.
              And not just turnovers. What really upsets me is how poor their execution is every time out of timeouts. Not only do they turn it over too much, but far too often it results in a very poor shot. It's really rare that they call a timeout, come back into the game, and get an easy bucket. At best, and still rarely, they get a bad shot that goes down and clearly didn't require a timeout to be drawn up.

Comment

Catch 22.

Give an ear-piece to Lowry and a head-set to Sloan?

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  And not just turnovers. What really upsets me is how poor their execution is every time out of timeouts. Not only do they turn it over too much, but far too often it results in a very poor shot. It's really rare that they call a timeout, come back into the game, and get an easy bucket. At best, and still rarely, they get a bad shot that goes down and clearly didn't require a timeout to be drawn up.
                  The out-of-bounds plays in general are just awful. Very little movement, usually takes the full 5 seconds to get it in.
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                    The out-of-bounds plays in general are just awful. Very little movement, usually takes the full 5 seconds to get it in.
                    Yeah, you're right, it's definitely not limited to just coming out of timeouts. It just infuriates me more in that situation, probably because I expect better than the same ol garbage.

Comment

My take is that Lowry probably already has 70% control of running the point. The 30% belongs to Casey's specifics like the plays coming out of timeouts and other suggested adjustments.....which do not seem to include running more PnRs or lobbing the ball into the post to JV or Gay or DD.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        I also disagree with this though. Lowry has not shown the ability to be the offensive leader of a team, to be a Nash, Paul or Rondo-like PG who can basically be a coach on the floor and not need to look over at playcalls.

Casey needs to have a very structured offensive approach with Lowry, who we've seen kill a team's flow by going into me-first mode, so playcalling is good. It's just a problem when you only have a handful of plays you run for 48 minutes.
                        Kyle Lowry is never going to play like those pg you listed. But that doesn't mean he can't be effective in his own way. I just see the predictable way we are playing now, and think the alternative of Kyle calling his own plays is exponentially better. Plus Casey calling his own plays some times will limit the turnovers and shots too early in the clock that come with the unpredictability, and pushing the ball the way lowry does.

This is the type of game I'd like to see from him:

Comment

or this:

Comment

Guys, you realize that Casey is barely calling any plays. And if a player doesn't pass, turns the ball over or misses an open shot that's Casey's fault? The players have a game plan going into the game and it's their job to execute, if the game plan isn't working he makes adjustments. You can criticize him for being too lax, probably. And the b-ball IQ on this team isn't exactly high enough to run a lot of complicated movement offense.
                            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

The thing about Lowry is that he's a decent player in most respects but he's not a solid floor general, and the Raps need someone directing their offense or it just turns into iso-ball, and iso-ball isn't a winning formula for us (and it's boring as shit to watch).

There's a reason the team was playing best when Landry was directing the flow of offense: he was helping give the team structure and planning on offense because he can read the floor well, much in the way a playmaking PG can. When Landry is dictating the offense it almost feels like Jose calling plays again, and Jose was a master at running the offense for Toronto.

Honestly, if we traded Gay away for nothing and started Landry at the three and let him run the offense, I suspect we'd have a better offensive team.

Comment

Working...
                              X