No announcement yet.

agree or disagree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landry Fields is Doug Christie 2.0. But seriously if you think about it, no one in the starting group comes out as a "smart" player. They all play a pick up style game, except for JV. Not much ball movement and too much ISO ball

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
      kyle lowry should be able to do whatever he wants 70% of the time. Casey can run his crappy plays the other 30.
      Casey's response to this thread?

Bottom line is this is the perfect system for him,” Casey said. “He’s our quarterback and he has the freedom to run different plays and direct based on what he sees on the court. He can identify the matchups and go wherever he needs to go with the ball on that end of the floor. When he doesn’t do that he’ll defer to me and we’ll get together during time outs and evaluate what’s going on in dead ball situations and things like that and make our adjustments. But he’s doing an excellent job on the floor being a quarterback and understanding who needs touches and when they need them. He’s doing a heck of a job defensively and hawking the ball the way he has. But yes, the system fits him tremendously.
      Source

So according to Casey, he's actually doing what you want him to do. Does that change your opinion at all? If what Casey is saying is true then they need to pump the breaks and get SOMEONE to call plays... that work.
      Last edited by ezz_bee; Sun Nov 3, 2013, 06:37 AM.
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Thanks, Ezz_bee for not being like me and actually bringing the proof of what I was talking about. If people were watching the games they could tell, that both Lowry and DJ had control of the offense and they'd confer with Casey every once in awhile.

Also, I think Amir has a pretty high b-ball IQ and Lowry is ok 75% of the time, but has his brain farts every once in-awhile. Demar is that kid who doesn't get things as fast some people, but studies his ass-off to get there. Valanciunas is like Demar, but picking things up quite a bit faster (actually I don't think he needs to study as much). Gay is that smart kid, who doesn't study. Ross is a slower version of Demar and Fields went to Stanford ('nuff said).
        -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
        -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

With the athletes we have on this team, it doesn't make sense to slow down and run half court sets,which we are terrible at. I'd like to see us get out and run more often than not. This is Casey's fault, in an interview I saw this summer, he specifically said "we cannot go out and run off every miss". If kyle lowry isn't smart enough to realize he needs to pick up the tempo, than it is partly his fault too. look at kevin durant and russel westbrook for goodness sakes, you don't see them running halfcourt sets when they don't need to.

Comment

Aka you are right, but the reason why we aren't is pretty obvious and that is turnovers. Lowry isn't Calderon and those cross court passes too often get intercepted.
            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

The easiest way to limit the oppositions offense is to control pace. If a team can dictate when play is at a fast pace and when it drags that can be an asset to the defense. Kevin Oneal lived by that philosophy. I'm not trying to compare Casey to Oneal, but perhaps the pace is by design. I'm not a fan of the calls being played because if Landry or Amir are not on the court there is zero weak side movement. Why are two players responsible for players moving into space rather than standing still if they are not a primary option of the play?

Comment

Working...
              X