• Time
  • Show
Clear All

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Uh who cares? lol
    We won't reach that point because we'll be up like 20
    because JV is a beast.
    fuckin +100
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      Why are a lot of you obsessed with DD?

He is actually pretty awful, playing on an awful team, for many awful seasons. There is nothing about his game that will help win championships as a starter
      hell nah! no you didn't
      oh and welcome hope you like it here
      What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
      The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
      No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Shrub wrote: View Post

You can (must) keep 3 players on this team, moving forward as a GM.
        Everyone else is to be traded, and assume that you will fetch a fair value for them (i.e. You are not discarding them for nothing).
        Who are your guys?
        JV
        Hansborough
        Derozan

Comment

my 3
          amir
          demar
          acy

that was easy the players that actually want to play for the raptors

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
            tyler
            DeRozan
            Ross

no explanation necessary
            DJ Augustine
            Austin Daye
            Aaron Gray

No explanation necessary.
            When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Edgar wrote: View Post
              DJ Augustine
              Austin Daye
              Aaron Gray

It's obvious to all. You love the letter 'A'....

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                It's obvious to all. You love the letter 'A'....
                It is an awesome letter.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Edgar wrote: View Post
                  DJ Augustine
                  Austin Daye
                  Aaron Gray

I assume you're being facetious..?
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Easy: keep Ross, JV, and Amir because of their youth, contracts, and growth potential. Everybody else can go.

Why all the Fields love? I love him as a role player with a fantastic basketball IQ, but he still can't shoot. He's virtually given up on even trying to take jump shots (shot chart: http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart...layerID=202361) which speaks to his IQ but is pretty bad for a guy making $6 million. His shot looks horrible (it's got a hitch in it) and (small sample size warning!) he's shooting 44% from the floor and 60% from the line. I'd love for him to have his shot back, but we're talking about nerve damage, which is frequently permanent. I'm not optimistic, and I'd only keep him as a "keep 3" core guy if his contract were half the size.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Based on the presumption of targeting the lottery and development:

JV
                      Ross
                      Derozan
                      (Acy Optional)

Simply put - the youngest players on the roster who also happen to have the highest potential/ceilings.
                      When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

I don't believe this team's core is good enough to compete for the NBA championship, so I would take a longer-term view of the team. Factoring in talent, age, potential, salary, contract status and trade value (ie: both talent being returned and salary that can be received under the CBA trading terms), I really only see two guys worth keeping:

1. Valanciunas
                        2. Ross

If I had to keep 3 players, then my 3rd choice would likely be Acy.

Trading the other players would allow me to find that point of optimization between 3 factors: keeping the 'best' players (per criteria listed above), returning the most talent via trade and clearing the most cap space.

Comment

JV, Amir and Ross. I would like to see some Acy on the floor though. Last season I would have chosen DD, but I like what I'm seeing from Ross so far and not so much with Derozan unfortunately.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            ...2. Fields is the ultimate glue-guy as many said. If he gets his shot back even a little, he can start on a championship team any day of the week....
                            He already has it back a little. Maybe even more than a little. Already back to career numbers in rbs and assists and only 2pts/game short of career numbers.

Comment

There is no one on this roster that shouldn't be available in the right deal - that's to improve the club as opposed to tearing it down to tank.

I like most of the guys on this roster as useful players to have, keep or develop. Raptors have lots of nice pieces - some of them should be considered to be pretty good/ very good players - but they are still looking for a star player to anchor this franchise going forward and should trade anyone (everyone if necessary) to get a star player. The alternative is to become the Milwaukee Bucks.

I have no untouchables on this roster. The problem with "keeping 3" is they will probably be the guys you need to trade just to have a shot at trading for a star.
                              Last edited by brothersteve; Fri Nov 8, 2013, 10:21 AM.
                              The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

brothersteve wrote: View Post
                                ...The problem with "keeping 3" is they will probably be the guys you need to trade just to have a shot at trading for a star.
                                That's why two of the four I picked were very good role players.
                                JV
                                Derozan
                                Amir
                                Fields

And if I had to pick 3 it would be bye bye DeRozan. You have to give if you want to get. Trading JV for another gifted player is just silly. If someone was willing to trade KD for JV, I would wonder why they value JV that highly and it would make me think I wasn't valuing him enough.

So I can't think of a scenario where I give up JV because how are you going to get another center with that potential? Get them to come to TO and not bolt at the first opportunity. I am pretty sure JV resigns with TO if they are moving in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
                                X