• Time
  • Show
Clear All

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
    haha i'd take tyler over jv any day of the week
    Quoted.
    Now it's forever.

Comment

JV, Amir, Fields. No question. I'd like to keep Lowry, Hansbrough, Acy, Ross and Stone too.

By the way, since the new "boxscoregeeks" doesn't have a team feature, I made this short link:

http://is.gd/raptors2013

Bookmark it. WP needs a grain of salt, to be sure, but useful none the less.

Comment

First and foremost I would keep Demar...do I need to explain why?? He's the closest thing to a star on this team. He's young, improving and works harder on his game than anyone else on our team. Also, he wants to be in Toronto. I don't think its in our best interest to trade Demar.

2nd keeper is JV (huge upside and will get better defensively as the season wears on). People forget that he's soooo young and expect too much from him (especially DEFENSIVELY)

3rd is Amir (fan favourite and always plays hard - injured or not)

If i could keep a 4th player it would Tyler or Fields BUT I think they may be more valuable as filler in trades (should the season take a turn for the worst)

Comment

I go:
          JV
          Amir
          DD/Ross/Fields

JV and Amir, no explanation needed.

For last pick, one of:

DD: best wing Raptors have. Unfortunately, also most likely to return value in a trade. If you are blowing it up you need assets, he is likeliest to return them.

Ross: Potential factor and cheap for next 2 years. He has shown enough flashes to think there might be something there. I think a new coach/team/situation would see him flourish....or at least realize some of that potential.

Fields: forever burdened with the stigma of that contract, not sure he would return fair value in a trade. 2nd best wing Raptors have. A classic complimentary player if there ever was one. If the nerves ever return to normal in his elbow and he gets a 3 point shot back, he is worth every penny of that contract.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            ...If Fields' shot ever corrects itself, he's easily one of the best glue-wings in the league.....
            I would say it's about 75% correct now. His shooting is much better than last year. As someone has mentioned on this thread, nerve damage takes quite a while to correct completely (if it ever does) and Landry himself says he only feels about 75% back. I would take him as is right now and the prospect of continuing to improve makes me wet my lips.

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
              tyler
              DeRozan
              Ross

no explanation necessary
              No jv?! i think that needs an explanation
              "Masai WILL win us a championship"
              - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

Buycks, Daye, and Gray

You got a young superstar PG, a Sniper, and an Immovable object.
                "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
                  No jv?! i think that needs an explanation
                  when jv starts playing like he was last years ill reconsider LOOOL
                  What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                  The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                  No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
                    Buycks, Daye, and Gray

You got a young superstar PG, a Sniper, and an Immovable object.
                    God.. help you kazan
                    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

JV, Amir, DD
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

JV, the 2014 draft pick, and the 2015 draft pick

If you insist on people than JV, Amir and Acy. I'm ready to blow up the team.. would like to keep Amir because he has the best value contract (beside JV). Ross was a hard one to leave off, but he's been unimpressive. Not sure if that's all on him or on Casey too, but I'm sticking with Acy for now.

Comment

I gotta go with JV, Amir and DeMar as well.
                          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

1. JV
                            2. DeRozan
                            3. Hansbrough
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

JV and Ross with Novak off the bench. Gonna need a good supporting cast when we land Wiggins in the draft and trade DD, Gay and Lowry for Rondo,and Monroe

Comment

JV, DeMar and Amir. Seriously, it isn't even close.

Comment

Working...
                                X