Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Steve Nash.....

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still skeptical on these twitter rumors. MU doesn't seem like the guy to chase Nash.. and if TL is trying to pull a BC I've lost faith. However if the goal is to get a $18M coach on the floor he'd be the best guy to get.

I don't think LA would take Rudy (he has 2 years on his contract if he opts in) and the rumor is they want to free up all their cap space for next season.

So a 3rd team would have to be involved since Toronto doesn't have many expiring contracts either that total $9M.

So a scenario like this could potentially work:

Toronto receives Nash, Butler, and the Greek guy from the Bucks
    LA receives Lowry and Udoh (both expiring)
    Milwaukee receives Gay

Toronto gets the rights to the better pick between LA/Milwaukee (LA gets the other).

This helps the tank in my opinion, gets them a prospect and a pick that could end up in the lottery. Essentially my ideal scenario for trading Gay and/or Lowry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    I'm still skeptical on these twitter rumors. MU doesn't seem like the guy to chase Nash.. and if TL is trying to pull a BC I've lost faith. However if the goal is to get a $18M coach on the floor he'd be the best guy to get.

I don't think LA would take Rudy (he has 2 years on his contract if he opts in) and the rumor is they want to free up all their cap space for next season.

So a 3rd team would have to be involved since Toronto doesn't have many expiring contracts either that total $9M.

So a scenario like this could potentially work:

Toronto receives Nash, Butler, and the Greek guy from the Bucks
    LA receives Lowry and Udoh (both expiring)
    Milwaukee receives Gay

Toronto gets the rights to the better pick between LA/Milwaukee (LA gets the other).

This helps the tank in my opinion, gets them a prospect and a pick that could end up in the lottery. Essentially my ideal scenario for trading Gay and/or Lowry.
    There would have to be a 3rd team. LA has been planning to unload their entire roster this summer for a few seasons now, and they aren't about to take back contracts.

I'd be very skeptical of Nash's impact in Toronto. Y'all are looking at him and thinking "Heck ya! Steve Nash running the offense!" Steve Nash post-Suns is not the same guy at all. He really, really looks done and he's still owed a lot of money for this season and next. How does he help move the franchise forward if the biggest need here a serious talent infusion through draft picks and cap space? It would have to be the first in a series of trades that sees MU become a full-on Jedi trade master by completely turning this team around through an on-the-fly rebuild.

Post Thanks / Like

Koreen said it best when he said try to come up with a reason MU trades for Nash without using the word "canada".
    @jerboat

4. Like bounty, Matt52 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Koreen said it best when he said try to come up with a reason MU trades for Nash without using the word "canada".
    Injured starting PG = better lottery odds?
    Whatever you do, do it the best you can

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Injured starting PG = better lottery odds?
    i think lowry's doing a pretty decent job himself

plus it's not like Nash has an expiring contract or anything
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Sort of sucks for Nash, too.
    First you take the LA offer to be close to your kids.
    Then LA goes and trades you across the country!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    i think lowry's doing a pretty decent job himself

plus it's not like Nash has an expiring contract or anything
    No I agree. I don't think the trade is possible given the financial ramifications, but the only reason you normally trade a 27 yr old for a 39 yr old is that you are playing for next year and just want a vet to hold you over. IF Nash were here, I'd think he'd sit out some games (back to backs for example) to help rest his body and help the team in the long term.
    Whatever you do, do it the best you can

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure we have heard this before...
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

If any deal related to Toronto and Nash happens, then I hope we can trade Rob Ford ( to LA ) for the cash. Rob will be happy smoking J in California.

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Colangelo was still here I'd be terrified that the Raptors would trade for Nash, but Ujiri isn't an idiot so I know he won't. Or if he does he'll swipe 5 draft picks from the Lakers for him.

Half of the reports saying the Raptors are interested are probably just since the Raptors are in Canada and we tried hard to get him when he was a free agent.

Post Thanks / Like

Trade Landry Fields+ Dj Augustin+ Aaron Gray for Steve Nash+ Robert Sacre and maybe Manny Harris..... Solid for both Clubs
    #BringBackUzoh

Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Steve Nash doesnt get a say on this? Did he not go to LA because of his kids? I read recently that he was prepared to retire rather than being away too far from them. He doesnt need the money and probably would retire if he didnt get a say on movement.

On the merits of a trade with TO...no, unless there are picks coming back in any deal.

Thread Information