Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drake partnership to try and lure Durant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when they introduced drake at that big hoopla ceremony I remember TL specifically saying "we cant talk to other players but he can" referring to Drake. This is when media kept asking about drakes relationship with nba players and if he could sway people here

Comment

Here is the thing.

Brooklyn is likely to have cap space in 2016.

Durant's agent is Jay-Z.

Jay-Z has a relationship with Brooklyn, I believe.

Drake vs. Jay-Z
      Book it

Comment

Durants favorite team growing up was Toronto

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
          Doesn't matter.. He's part of MLSE now, with or without contract.
          Well no Rocwell, it actually does matter as unless he is contractually bound to the organization, everything else is just marketing and noise. If he is not an employee with the company, he is not legally obligated one way or another in what he does or says on its behalf. Spike Lee can walk onto the court and beg Lebron to come to NY if he wants, and he has been an Ambassador for the Knickers for years.

now, if I am incorrect, and he is in fact a contractually obligated employee of the raptors franchise, well than no, he cannot openly lure players to toronto. All that is moot anyhow, if he's gonna do it, he's gonna do it over a joint, some drinks and a few 5K hookers at a party anyhow.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
            If we can get Durant honestly fuck Wiggins lol
            can't we have both?

i'd like a championship, you?

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
              Well no Rocwell, it actually does matter as unless he is contractually bound to the organization, everything else is just marketing and noise. If he is not an employee with the company, he is not legally obligated one way or another in what he does or says on its behalf. Spike Lee can walk onto the court and beg Lebron to come to NY if he wants, and he has been an Ambassador for the Knickers for years.

now, if I am incorrect, and he is in fact a contractually obligated employee of the raptors franchise, well than no, he cannot openly lure players to toronto. All that is moot anyhow, if he's gonna do it, he's gonna do it over a joint, some drinks and a few 5K hookers at a party anyhow.
              Way better than I coulda said it.. but this is essentially what came to mind for me as well.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                can't we have both?

i'd like a championship, you?

SERIOUSLY!

This is my thinking.

You go hard on draft picks the next 2 years ('14 & '15).
                Already 2 1st rounders in 2016.
                I believe Raptors have one of the best scouting teams in the league in Ujiri and Weltman.
                You end up drafting some solid role players at worst and we all know what the best case would be.

Then you have cap space out the ying yang in the summer of 2015 and 2016 before you start having to give extensions.

The Raptors are in such a beautiful position to build something that can last a decade or more.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  SERIOUSLY!

This is my thinking.

You go hard on draft picks the next 2 years ('14 & '15).
                  Already 2 1st rounders in 2016.
                  I believe Raptors have one of the best scouting teams in the league in Ujiri and Weltman.
                  You end up drafting some solid role players at worst and we all know what the best case would be.

Then you have cap space out the ying yang in the summer of 2015 and 2016 before you start having to give extensions.

The Raptors are in such a beautiful position to build something that can last a decade or more.
                  I agree. Stockpile picks like Houston did and use some as flexibility to go after a big name when ready.

Comment

If this was a year ago, I'd roll my eyes at this thread, and quickly move onto the next one.

But with Lieweke around, it wouldn't surprise me if Durant was the main motivation for Drake's hiring. And Durant playing for a tiny, cheap market in OKC, definitely helps our cause

Comment

Harden being traded and OKC doing very little to remedy that huge mistake, makes me think its possible to nab Durant. Durant Westbrook and Harden were a championship squad instead they move a big piece and are now not even in the conversation anymore. but according to Mr Jalen rose not sure if everyone watched the entire Bill and Jalens NBA preview like me but Jalen had this to say.....

Comment

More Durant fuel to the fire!

OKC Thunder superstar Kevin Durant became so consumed with winning his first NBA title last season, he turned into someone he didn’t recognize (or like very much). Going into his seventh season, Durant says he’s in a much more relaxed state of mind—though certainly not any less driven. Per the Oklahoman: “I want to be the greatest,’ Durant said. ‘I want to be remembered as one of the greatest. When they redo that top 50 players (of all time), I want to be a part of that.’ … ‘This whole thing is a fraternity. But it’s a different fraternity when you’re staring at a group of guys that won championships, MVPs, and you can say you’re on that level with them in your career,’ Durant said. ‘It’s only a handful of guys, maybe 15, 20 guys, that you can get in that conversation with. And I’m nowhere near there yet. So that’s where I want to be.’ [...] Few on the outside world knew it, but chasing a championship swallowed up Durant a season ago. In many ways, he succumbed to the pressure our sports culture puts on star players. He felt he needed to be perfect. Felt his team had to perform flawlessly. ‘Last year, I was obsessed with it,’ Durant said of winning a title. ‘Like, I wasn’t going to sleep because I wanted to win so bad. I was screaming at my teammates, at the refs, at the coaches. I got mad because I thought ‘if we have a bad game here, we’re not going to win a championship.’ That edge, Durant said, is part of the reason he was uncharacteristically whistled for 12 technical fouls last season — matching his combined total from his five previous seasons. ‘So I’m not going to let that overtake my mind,’ said Durant of his championship chase. ‘I mean, of course I want to win it, but I’m not obsessed with it. I’m going to put in the work to help my team, but I’m not going to be obsessed with it because that’s when I compromise myself, and most of the time it doesn’t work out.’ [...] He looked himself in the mirror and admitted he saw someone who had become so wrapped up in being perfect in his pursuit of a title that he lost his way. ‘Maybe it’s not (a bad thing),’ Durant said of the obsession. ‘But for me, it was just, like, I wasn’t enjoying it no more. It was more like a job more than just going out there having fun playing the game. I never want to lose the love. Once you lose love of something and you make it into a job then …’ Durant paused. ‘Like, for me, when I was coming in I was like ‘If I miss a shot, I’m going to miss this shot in Game 6 of the Finals,’ he said. ‘If we don’t play defense this game, we’re not going to play defense in the Finals.’ Like, I was thinking like that. And I was going home and I would get so mad over small stuff. That’s not me. So I was losing myself over what people thought, what other people thought.’”

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...-championship/
                        Here is what we know:

1) Westbrook is a prima donna.
                        2) Ibaka is not happy doing the dirty and wants his touches
                        3) Harden was a financial decision
                        4) OKC won't pay luxury tax
                        5) little room to work with with Westbrook and Durant max contracts and Ibaka a cool $12M
                        6) as shown above, there is an edge to Mr. Durant.

I think the odds are low he ends up in Toronto but I think the odds are closer to 50/50 he ends up somewhere other than OKC

Comment

Fuck I hate that guys weasel voice.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                            Why do you think Miami violated any rules in 2010 ?
                            I think most people believe it was a case of tampering via collusion, in advance of the official free agent period... especially Wade, his agent and probably Riley (via Wade). After Raps and Cavs agreed to sign-and-trades, they lost their right to file a complaint & investigation. Stern likes the Superteam concept anyways, so even if Wade was found to be in violation, he probably would have just got a minor slap on the wrist - although by the rule book, it's definitely tampering.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5371956

A comment made by Bosh at a welcoming rally Friday night in Miami has only fueled accusations that the three stars began plotting their joint move to South Florida well before they were technically allowed to. Bosh initially told the assembled crowd that the trio had been talking about landing with the same team for "months" before catching himself and amending that statement to "days.

Wade acknowledged Friday night that what he termed as "the possibility" that all three stars could someday wind up on the same team was established "a long time ago."

Comment

oh, ffs.
                              TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

PG - ??
                                SG - Derozan
                                SF - Wiggins
                                PF - Durant
                                C - Jonas

Comment

Working...
                                X