Raptors cannot run a play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I'm glad most people are with me in seeing that Demar and Rudy are absolutely DRAINING the offense.
    Yeah, but deep down, we knew this would be the case before the season started. Both inefficient, ISO heavy players who aren't good passers and are the focal point of our entire attack.

Comment

Toronto has had the same problems since Bosh left: no playmakers, no one who commands doubles, no three point shooting.

I don't care what kind of offense you design, you can't win in the NBA without any of those....

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
        Toronto has had the same problems since Bosh left: no playmakers, no one who commands doubles, no three point shooting.

I don't care what kind of offense you design, you can't win in the NBA without any of those....
        Demar and Rudy both draw doubles, they just don't pass out of them...I believe I learned that in middle school basketball.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Hey remember the good old days (i.e. 3 weeks ago) when DeMar was carving up opponents in the post? Ahhhh, memories....

Comment

Demar and Rudy both draw doubles, they just don't pass out of them...I believe I learned that in middle school basketball.
            I'd love to see the number of doubles they draw. I really don't think they are many at all.

If they drive they suck in the opposition, but any player doing that would see the same result (not really a 'double team' in my books)

Teams have been playing the Raptors straight up for the better part of this last half decade.

Comment

Sort of. It's more like they dribble into a congested area of the floor where other defenders happen to be. Once there, the defenders realize they can swarm them and force turnovers or a bad shot. The other time it happens is when they go hero ball mode and every defender on the other team just turns and faces them and ignores his own check because he knows what's going to happen.....

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Yeah, but deep down, we knew this would be the case before the season started. Both inefficient, ISO heavy players who aren't good passers and are the focal point of our entire attack.
                Most of us. Still a lot who really believe in this group. I admire their optimism.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Most of us. Still a lot who really believe in this group. I admire their optimism.
                  Not to mention that we're led be a coach who has shown very limited ability on the offensive end.

Comment

Not to mention that we're led be a coach who has shown very limited ability on the offensive end.
                    And versus good teams the last 2 seasons, on the defensive end as well.

Comment

Limited? How about zero ability. Apparently Rudy Gay is our offensive coordinator and his plays run as such: me and Demar do whatever we want.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Limited? How about zero ability. Apparently Rudy Gay is our offensive coordinator and his plays run as such: me and Demar do whatever we want.
                        It's the same playbook Mike Brown used to run in Cleveland.

"Alright men, here's the play: Pass it to LeBron"

Only LeBron was good....

Comment

Sort of. It's more like they dribble into a congested area of the floor where other defenders happen to be. Once there, the defenders realize they can swarm them and force turnovers or a bad shot. The other time it happens is when they go hero ball mode and every defender on the other team just turns and faces them and ignores his own check because he knows what's going to happen.....
                          Add in the fact that our only 3Pt threat is Steve Novak, and it's pretty easy to defend. Pack the paint and wait for the turnover
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

C'mon guys. I'll admit, I'm ready to move the ball stoppers (well, I wouldn't have traded for Gay in the first place so he could have went before he played a game for all I cared) but...isn't this team pretty good when it moves the ball? My point is that we don't suck because we lack talented ball players, we suck because we don't play like a team. It's tough to find good players that will buy into a system that supports two wings chewing up possessions and taking alot of contested shots. You know, great players make those around them better...that isn't necessarily a talent issue, as much as a decision making issue. If Gay and DD would make better decisions with the ball, we could compete with most teams in this league.

Comment

Working...
                            X