Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we tanking or is Casey just stupid? Why is JV getting backup minutes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we tanking or is Casey just stupid? Why is JV getting backup minutes?

You know it's really bad and a serious issue involving the Raptors when even NBA.com has an article on the front page of their site questioning why JV isn't given a chance. That's how bad Casey is fucking this up right now.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/1...=iref:nbahpt6f

After dropping 18 and 9 tonight with limited playing time, maybe DC will give him more time? (wishful thinking)
    OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
      After dropping 18 and 9 tonight with limited playing time, maybe DC will give him more time? (wishful thinking)
      I was just hoping that Casey was given the order by Ujiri to be harsher on JV so he doesn't baby him like BC did with Bargnani

Comment

Casey is not tanking.. he needs to win to save his job. I think he believes that JV getting minutes is a detriment to the win/loss column. It's not all about statistics.. its whether or not he is making a positive impact on both sides of the floor when he's in the game. From my view point I think he's a positive not a negative.. but DC most likely disagrees.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          Casey is not tanking.. he needs to win to save his job. I think he believes that JV getting minutes is a detriment to the win/loss column. It's not all about statistics.. its whether or not he is making a positive impact on both sides of the floor when he's in the game. From my view point I think he's a positive not a negative.. but DC most likely disagrees.
          So I'll take the latter. He's just plain stupid. How can you no see JV as a positive in that game? 18 points, 9 rebounds in 27 minutes. Also, why is Amir not in the game? 6 points, 6 rebounds in 23 minutes. This doesn't even include the defense and energy the both of them play. Why is Fields playing 28 minutes? Fields had one good game and all of a sudden he gets more minutes than two of the major starters? Casey's logic right there or no logic at all for that matter...

Comment

Another good question is why is Augustin still playing as backup point guard? I much rather have Casey try playing Buycks or Stone at this point. They can't be any worse.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
              Another good question is why is Augustin still playing as backup point guard? I much rather have Casey try playing Buycks or Stone at this point. They can't be any worse.
              Said this in the game thread, but I'd much rather have Stone as the backup PG. You know you're getting solid D when he's in the game. DJ is way too unpredictable, especially on offense.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

The subtlest of tanks
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Just want Masai to make a move already, I'm too impatient.
                  "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                  - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    The subtlest of tanks
                    So we're keep Casey for the year if we're tanking? He might not be a good coach but he's a pretty good tank commander!

Comment

"If it ain't broke, break it." - Dwayne Casey.

Comment

RealGM is doing this right now and let's just say it has yielded hilarious results. Make a meme about Casey's small ball tatics:

http://memegenerator.net/Dwane-Casey...llball/caption

Comment

That RealGM thread is awesome.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                            That RealGM thread is awesome.
                            A lot of bipolar fans though.
                            "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                            - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

put me firmly into the fire Dwayne Casey camp.
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                              X