View Poll Results: Which phone is the best?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sony Xperia Z1

0 0%
  • Samsung Galaxy S4

4 100.00%
  • LG G2

0 0%
  • Apple iPhone 5s

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best Smart Phone

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I've have a horrible experience with Sony Xperia. I had an Xperia x10 and it was complete trash, it would overheat and shut down by itself. Never buying another Xperia phone after that. I'm sticking with my Iphone 5
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear you had such a hard go of it. I'll let you know my experience with the Z1. Based on professional and user reviews its an awesome phone.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I've have a horrible experience with Sony Xperia. I had an Xperia x10 and it was complete trash, it would overheat and shut down by itself. Never buying another Xperia phone after that. I'm sticking with my Iphone 5
    The X10 was Sony's first android phone. like I said before, I had less than stellar experiences with the early Xperias as well. It was also running an early android OS... I believe Donut? a lot of kinks in the android phones and the android software hadn't been worked out yet.

BUT... it's Sony.

To not give them the benefit of the doubt, and expect their future products to not improve is silly. They're damn good at what they do.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Slightly off topic...

...I took a look at the Xperia Z Ultra last night...

...DAMN that thing is HUGE!

No wonder they include a mini BlueTooth phone with it.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    The X10 was Sony's first android phone. like I said before, I had less than stellar experiences with the early Xperias as well. It was also running an early android OS... I believe Donut? a lot of kinks in the android phones and the android software hadn't been worked out yet.

BUT... it's Sony.

To not give them the benefit of the doubt, and expect their future products to not improve is silly. They're damn good at what they do.
    I agree with that last part for sure.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

BUT... it's Sony.

That's the nature of tech. If you're an early adopter you're signing on to all the glitches and bugs. Sony is a great electronics manufacturer and based on reviews they've come a very long way since the X10.

Quote Snizzoop wrote: View Post
    Slightly off topic...

...I took a look at the Xperia Z Ultra last night...

...DAMN that thing is HUGE!

No wonder they include a mini BlueTooth phone with it.
    Yeah, it's like the size of an ipad mini ha, ha. If I was someone the size of Shaq it would appeal to me.

Post Thanks / Like

So I brought back the Z1 and got the Note 3. I liked everything about the Z1 except the built in screen protector. The Z1 screen is advertised as scratch resistant, which is true, but what they do not mention in all those reviews and news releases is that it has a screen protector on it and this protector is not scratch proof, it's meant to protect against shattering. The protector is prone to scratches and if you remove it(you would need a scalpel) you void the warranty on the screen. I'm extremely picky about my screens. I think it's idiotic to have to go a buy screen protector protector and so I brought the darn thing back. For crying out loud Sony... Maybe in two years you'll be using Gorilla Glass...
    Last edited by Apollo; Sun Nov 10th, 2013 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Z1 out, Note 3 in:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    So I brought back the Z1 and got the Note 3. I liked everything about the Z1 except the built in screen protector. The Z1 screen is advertised as scratch resistant, which is true, but what they do not mention in all those reviews and news releases is that it has a screen protector on it and this protector is not scratch proof, it's meant to protect against shattering. The protector is prone to scratches and if you remove it(you would need a scalpel) you void the warranty on the screen. I'm extremely picky about my screens. I think it's idiotic to have to go a buy screen protector protector and so I brought the darn thing back. For crying out loud Sony... Maybe in two years you'll be using Gorilla Glass...
    Apparently Synthetic Sapphire is the future of the Screen:
    The fracture toughness of sapphire should be around 4 times greater than Gorilla Glass – about 3 MPa-m0.5 versus 0.7 MPa-m0.5, respectively.

Source
    Really interesting article if you have the time.

Sorry to hear about the Z1. I hear the Note 3 is pretty solid piece of equipment though.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

The Note 3 is amazing. The Z1 was really good but this is on another level. If only it had the Z1's camera.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The Note 3 is amazing. The Z1 was really good but this is on another level. If only it had the Z1's camera.

have you gotten used to the stylus yet? seriously changes the whole game. messaging, photo editing, even match 3 games... it's awesome

since it's your first foray into android... I cant recommend installing as many of google's apps as possible.. Keep is one of the best note taking apps I've ever used.. and load up on your cloud storage apps too... most of them give you bonus space for using a Samsung for some reason

Post Thanks / Like

Heinz, it's like discovering Santa Clause isn't real.

Wow, this phone is amazing and the O/S gives me a lot of freedome; enough to keep me satisfied enough not to try a jailbreak and void the warranty.

I will try keep, thank you.

Here's my first "ah ha" moment: WatchOn. My phone now controls my Bravia TV and Moto PVR. It's far more responsive to commands than my remotes. It also has a nifty TV guide which recommends shows and allows me to one click set the PVR. That's money from downtown. Break out the salami and cheese momma.

In other news: I just ordered a Thermostat for my house which can be adjusted via my new phone from anywhere in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Heinz, it's like discovering Santa Clause isn't real.

Wow, this phone is amazing and the O/S gives me a lot of freedome; enough to keep me satisfied enough not to try a jailbreak and void the warranty.

I will try keep, thank you.

Here's my first "ah ha" moment: WatchOn. My phone now controls my Bravia TV and Moto PVR. It's far more responsive to commands than my remotes. It also has a nifty TV guide which recommends shows and allows me to one click set the PVR. That's money from downtown. Break out the salami and cheese momma.

In other news: I just ordered a Thermostat for my house which can be adjusted via my new phone from anywhere in the world.

there is no such thing as jailbreaking on android. It's called rooting. it's allowed under most warranties, and easy reversible... but, android is such a free OS, it's almost not even worth the effort... what it does give you is the ability to tweak the phone.. something most people wouldn't give two shits about... change the firmware, play around with different custom ROMs if touchwiz isn't to your liking.. but touchwiz is pretty awesome in itself... some of the Samsung bloatware is MEH... but the OS itself runs like magic

there are some things rooting is fantastic for... but if you don't care to really delve into the nitty gritty of your phone, I wouldn't suggest it... changing the modem and kernel can really tweak performance... call quality, data connection, etc... how your phone allocates battery usage... but it can also ruin it... I spent literally MONTHS changing them every day trying to find one that suited me when I had an S2... but with the Note 2, it just isn't even necessary at all

Post Thanks / Like

So I've had the Note 3 for about 2 months now. I love it more now than even when I first got it. I am also loving the Android platform. I think I'm officially done with Apple.

Raptors Republic All-Star jacobdr4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive had the lg g2 for three months now and i love it. Don't know how it compares to other smart phones but haven't encountered any problems at all. Besides weird spot for the power button.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

have you gotten used to the stylus yet? seriously changes the whole game. messaging, photo editing, even match 3 games... it's awesome

since it's your first foray into android... I cant recommend installing as many of google's apps as possible.. Keep is one of the best note taking apps I've ever used.. and load up on your cloud storage apps too... most of them give you bonus space for using a Samsung for some reason
    I have the Note 8, and my favourite note taking app is Papyrus. I haven't used Keep though.

Also, checkout Stylus Beta (it's an input app, where instead of a traditional keyboard you just write what you need to write with the stylus).
    Last edited by nubreed000; Sun Mar 9th, 2014 at 02:21 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information