Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Why are we playing to other teams strengths??? / Demar does not know how to pass

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    624
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Why are we playing to other teams strengths??? / Demar does not know how to pass

    Let me preface by saying: I would be accepting of losing if we simply lost because we weren't good enough. But we are losing because of a) complete lack of desire to play team basketball and b) terrible minute distribution. This I cannot handle!

    If a team has no inside game, that's always Dwayne Casey's cue to IGNORE our bigs completely. Why do we even have bigs? He's saving them for Randolph and Gasol where they get shit kicked? PAGING MR CASEY: EVEN OUR RESIDENT NIAGARA LEGEND JACK ARMSTRONG COULD SEE THAT VALANCIUNAS WAS DOMINATING BATTIER AND HASLEM.

    Second issue: DEMAR DEROZAN AND RUDY GAY ARE SAPPING THE OFFENSE. How could they not see the difference/beauty in Miami's offense? Drive, kick, 3. Drive, kick, 3. It's not rocket science and you don't need LeBron James to do it.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,051
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Second issue: DEMAR DEROZAN AND RUDY GAY ARE SAPPING THE OFFENSE. How could they not see the difference/beauty in Miami's offense? Drive, kick, 3. Drive, kick, 3. It's not rocket science and you don't need LeBron James to do it.
    In order to drive and kick you need:

    1. Someone who can drive by his defender.

    2. Someone to kick it to who can make a shot.

    The Raptors have neither.

  3. Like ebrian, Axel, Nilanka liked this post
  4. #3
    Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    624
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    In order to drive and kick you need:

    1. Someone who can drive by his defender.

    2. Someone to kick it to who can make a shot.

    The Raptors have neither.
    I'd rather see Ross and Lowry shooting 3's than Demar's friggin iso fumbles.

  5. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,120
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    In order to drive and kick you need:

    1. Someone who can drive by his defender.

    2. Someone who can kick it

    3. Someone to kick it to who can make a shot.

    The Raptors have none of the above.

    Fixed

  6. Like Axel, KazanTheMan liked this post
  7. #5
    Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,655
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The game against Miami had a lot of kicks, but nobody who could drain a shot. When you got Demar, Fields and Rudy who are on the three point line, it's not going to work out too well.
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

    Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

    Reporter: "How can you say that?"

    Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

  8. #6
    Raptors Republic Starter S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    575
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
    The game against Miami had a lot of kicks, but nobody who could drain a shot. When you got Demar, Fields and Rudy who are on the three point line, it's not going to work out too well.
    Miami has built a roster that does this really well. The role players are perfect compliments to James/Wade/Bosh. The Raptors roster does not have that level of synergy at all. They don't know what they want to be yet.

  9. Like KazanTheMan liked this post
  10. #7
    Raptors Republic All-Star Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    Miami has built a roster that does this really well. The role players are perfect compliments to James/Wade/Bosh. The Raptors roster does not have that level of synergy at all. They don't know what they want to be yet.
    That's because this is still Bryan Colangelo's roster. That's the biggest thing I don't understand about the whole "let these guys play for the playoffs, don't blow it up" sentiment. This is still 90% a BC roster. If BC was good enough, then he'd still be here.
    F*ck Brooklyn

  11. Like ebrian, planetmars, S.R., mcHAPPY liked this post
  12. #8
    Raptors Republic Starter S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    575
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    That's because this is still Bryan Colangelo's roster. That's the biggest thing I don't understand about the whole "let these guys play for the playoffs, don't blow it up" sentiment. This is still 90% a BC roster. If BC was good enough, then he'd still be here.
    Yeah - it's also because the Raps don't have a franchise guy yet. They'll say nice PR stuff about DeMar and Rudy, but they aren't honestly going to construct an entire roster around those guys. They've either got to get that level of talent (hello tanking debate!) or build a Nelli-ball Warriors/George Karl Nuggets/Championship Pistons type of team where you have no clear alpha guy but your players fit really well and buy into a strong team identity, whether it's pace, offense, defense, or whatever. I've gotta feeling Ujiri will lean more towards that kind of roster rather than rolling the dice on lottery picks and landing FA's. He doesn't seem like a guy to take Mark Cuban-sized gambles on factors that are completely out of his control.

  13. #9
    Raptors Republic All-Star TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,359
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bottomline - Miami and other teams that likes to play small is going to play small ball better than the Raptors every fucking time. Its not Rocket Science. So why not play your best lineup instead of matching up with them? and by that i mean, go big. JV and Amir or Tyler on the floor.

    The fact that we only play JV against teams with legit big men like the Pacers and the Spurs and the Nets etc is a JOKE.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

  14. Like mcHAPPY, Puffer liked this post

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •