Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are we playing to other teams strengths??? / Demar does not know how to pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are we playing to other teams strengths??? / Demar does not know how to pass

Let me preface by saying: I would be accepting of losing if we simply lost because we weren't good enough. But we are losing because of a) complete lack of desire to play team basketball and b) terrible minute distribution. This I cannot handle!

If a team has no inside game, that's always Dwayne Casey's cue to IGNORE our bigs completely. Why do we even have bigs? He's saving them for Randolph and Gasol where they get shit kicked? PAGING MR CASEY: EVEN OUR RESIDENT NIAGARA LEGEND JACK ARMSTRONG COULD SEE THAT VALANCIUNAS WAS DOMINATING BATTIER AND HASLEM.

Second issue: DEMAR DEROZAN AND RUDY GAY ARE SAPPING THE OFFENSE. How could they not see the difference/beauty in Miami's offense? Drive, kick, 3. Drive, kick, 3. It's not rocket science and you don't need LeBron James to do it.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Second issue: DEMAR DEROZAN AND RUDY GAY ARE SAPPING THE OFFENSE. How could they not see the difference/beauty in Miami's offense? Drive, kick, 3. Drive, kick, 3. It's not rocket science and you don't need LeBron James to do it.
    In order to drive and kick you need:

1. Someone who can drive by his defender.

2. Someone to kick it to who can make a shot.

The Raptors have neither.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

2. Someone to kick it to who can make a shot.

The Raptors have neither.
      I'd rather see Ross and Lowry shooting 3's than Demar's friggin iso fumbles.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

2. Someone who can kick it

3. Someone to kick it to who can make a shot.

The Raptors have none of the above.

Fixed

Comment

The game against Miami had a lot of kicks, but nobody who could drain a shot. When you got Demar, Fields and Rudy who are on the three point line, it's not going to work out too well.
          "Masai WILL win us a championship"
          - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
            The game against Miami had a lot of kicks, but nobody who could drain a shot. When you got Demar, Fields and Rudy who are on the three point line, it's not going to work out too well.
            Miami has built a roster that does this really well. The role players are perfect compliments to James/Wade/Bosh. The Raptors roster does not have that level of synergy at all. They don't know what they want to be yet.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
              Miami has built a roster that does this really well. The role players are perfect compliments to James/Wade/Bosh. The Raptors roster does not have that level of synergy at all. They don't know what they want to be yet.
              That's because this is still Bryan Colangelo's roster. That's the biggest thing I don't understand about the whole "let these guys play for the playoffs, don't blow it up" sentiment. This is still 90% a BC roster. If BC was good enough, then he'd still be here.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                That's because this is still Bryan Colangelo's roster. That's the biggest thing I don't understand about the whole "let these guys play for the playoffs, don't blow it up" sentiment. This is still 90% a BC roster. If BC was good enough, then he'd still be here.
                Yeah - it's also because the Raps don't have a franchise guy yet. They'll say nice PR stuff about DeMar and Rudy, but they aren't honestly going to construct an entire roster around those guys. They've either got to get that level of talent (hello tanking debate!) or build a Nelli-ball Warriors/George Karl Nuggets/Championship Pistons type of team where you have no clear alpha guy but your players fit really well and buy into a strong team identity, whether it's pace, offense, defense, or whatever. I've gotta feeling Ujiri will lean more towards that kind of roster rather than rolling the dice on lottery picks and landing FA's. He doesn't seem like a guy to take Mark Cuban-sized gambles on factors that are completely out of his control.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Bottomline - Miami and other teams that likes to play small is going to play small ball better than the Raptors every fucking time. Its not Rocket Science. So why not play your best lineup instead of matching up with them? and by that i mean, go big. JV and Amir or Tyler on the floor.

The fact that we only play JV against teams with legit big men like the Pacers and the Spurs and the Nets etc is a JOKE.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                  X