Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 375

Thread: Game #5: Toronto Raptors 90 - Charlotte Bobcats 92 (F)

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter phez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Game #5: Toronto Raptors 90 - Charlotte Bobcats 92 (F)

    Last nite Charlotte played a fair amount of small ball versus the Knicks, with Biyombo only getting 18 minutes, McRoberts 21 minutes, Zeller 18 minutes, with a combined 2-8 baskets between the three.

    Haywood, Al-J are both inactive with injures.

    So SMALL BALL, will JV even see the floor tonite?

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,959
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Onwards & Upwards you Raptorphiles!

    Banzai

    This should be a good test of middlin teams.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    677
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    All Landry Fields, all the time. Because, y'know, we play to what the Charlotte Bobcats are doing. Playing MORE JV and Amir because there's no post threat or shot blocking on the other side? That is just ludicrous and outside of the box thinking.

  4. Like TRex liked this post
  5. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,110
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Charlotte played smallball against the Knicks because Tyson Chandler went down with his injury in the first quarter, and Chandler is the only effective big New York has - Kenyon Martin and Cole Aldrich are not guys you want playing long minutes, A'mare is a defensive sieve, and Bargs is worse than A'mare is. When your opponent's only defensive big isn't playing, smallball becomes an ideal strategy, particularly when your smaller players are better defenders than the other side.

    (As a sidenote: Chandler is going to be out four to six weeks. The Knicks are going to lose a lot of games over the next month.)

  6. #5
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    2,699
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Knicks are masters of the game, they will have a new 3 guard next year, a canadian one.... they were smart enough to trade for AB. The raps cant win, but worse, they have no idea how to lost either.

  7. #6
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,959
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    Charlotte played smallball against the Knicks because Tyson Chandler went down with his injury in the first quarter, and Chandler is the only effective big New York has - Kenyon Martin and Cole Aldrich are not guys you want playing long minutes, A'mare is a defensive sieve, and Bargs is worse than A'mare is. When your opponent's only defensive big isn't playing, smallball becomes an ideal strategy, particularly when your smaller players are better defenders than the other side.

    (As a sidenote: Chandler is going to be out four to six weeks. The Knicks are going to lose a lot of games over the next month.)
    Considering their penchant for making ill advised and panic trades they would be ripe for the taking. Alas their cupboard is bare I think (picks) and Shumpert is probably the only player I would think advisable to trade for. Too bad.

  8. #7
    Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,712
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    <---------
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

    Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

    Reporter: "How can you say that?"

    Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

  9. Like isaacthompson, mcHAPPY liked this post
  10. #8
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Honestly with this backlash Casey will do the right thing and play JV if not.....hes out of the head coaching job. Regardless though Casey will get a job back in no time.

  11. #9
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Anyone know why Jack isn't saying his funny HELLO thing?

  12. #10
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,975
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Anyone know why Jack isn't saying his funny HELLO thing?
    Cuz every time he says it, Casey yanks Jonas off the floor....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  13. #11
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,975
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Honestly with this backlash Casey will do the right thing and play JV if not.....hes out of the head coaching job. Regardless though Casey will get a job back in no time.
    As an assistant.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  14. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,110
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    Knicks are masters of the game, they will have a new 3 guard next year, a canadian one...
    I can't wait to see Jamaal Magloire come out of retirement to play for the Knicks!

    (but seriously, New York doesn't have a pick this year, they traded it to Denver in the Melo trade)
    Last edited by Joey; Wed Nov 6th, 2013 at 02:25 PM. Reason: fixed quote

  15. #13
    Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,712
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

    Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

    Reporter: "How can you say that?"

    Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

  16. #14
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    As an assistant.
    Dallas

  17. #15
    Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,208
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Gerald Henderson looks really creepy with a completely shaved head.

  18. #16
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Tyson Chandler out 4-6 weeks. That 5th seed is wide open. Just sayin...
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  19. #17
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,054
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    For some reason I hope we lose this game so Rudy will stop being such a wanabe all-star.

  20. #18
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No excuse to lose this game r
    @Chr1st1anL

  21. #19
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,959
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Tyson Chandler out 4-6 weeks. That 5th seed is wide open. Just sayin...
    Not so fast....Woody will play Bargs at C.

  22. #20
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,450
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think Jonas has proven effective against a Small Ball rotation. Last night was a perfect example. Wth Haslem being the biggest body on the floor, Jonas was able to have his way over top, while not really giving up much to the smaller, 'quicker' Haslem.

    If Casey continues to leave Jonas on the bench the way he has been, I will change my tune about Casey being the first coach fired...

    Just like if he continues to play Augustin after 4 turnovers in a row.
    In Masai we Trust.

  23. Like rocwell liked this post

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •