Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Game #5: Toronto Raptors 90 - Charlotte Bobcats 92 (F)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    For some reason I hope we lose this game so Rudy will stop being such a wanabe all-star.
    ... I don't see how the two are related... this just seems like a very weird thing to say.
    In Masai we Trust.

2. Like enlightenment liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Not so fast....Woody will play Bargs at C.
    That makes it even more wide open!!
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    Charlotte played smallball against the Knicks because Tyson Chandler went down with his injury in the first quarter, and Chandler is the only effective big New York has - Kenyon Martin and Cole Aldrich are not guys you want playing long minutes, A'mare is a defensive sieve, and Bargs is worse than A'mare is. When your opponent's only defensive big isn't playing, smallball becomes an ideal strategy, particularly when your smaller players are better defenders than the other side.

(As a sidenote: Chandler is going to be out four to six weeks. The Knicks are going to lose a lot of games over the next month.)
    I don't agree with the "You must match small for small".. if you have mobile, active 5 then you take full advantage of this new mismatch that has been created. And if the opposition just DON'T have the bigs to match, then you wear them down, and go to JV every god damn time, until the coach is coming out there trying to stop him himself.

If all Jonas has to go up against tonight is Byombo, Zeller and McRoberts, then he SHOULD have a 20-20 game. We'll see if Casey allows it.
    Last edited by Joey; Wed Nov 6th, 2013 at 02:30 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I don't agree with the "You must match small for small".. if you have mobile, active 5 then you take full advantage of this new mismatch that has been created. And if the opposition just DON'T have the bigs to match, then you wear them down, and go to JV every god damn time, until the coach is coming out there trying to stop him himself.

If all Jonas has to go up against tonight is Byombo, Zeller and McRoberts, then he SHOULD have a 20-20 game. We'll see if Casey allows it.
    You might even see some Tolliver at PF. The Charlotte frontcourt is pretty awful, especially without Jefferson. If JV gets minutes there's no reason he shouldn't have a huge game on both ends of the court.

JV is averaging less minutes than he played last year. He only has 1 game over 30 minutes played (31 minutes). JV hasn't been in foul trouble yet. We don't even have another center on the team other than Gray. The insanity of not playing JV 30+ minutes per game every game needs to stop.

6. Like Nilanka, Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like raps media guys are in full GO-BIG ( JV, AMIR, TYLER ) mode.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    I recall last year looking at the numbers with Rudy at the PF spot and they were not good. It's a small sample size so far this year but I can't imagine they look great at the moment.

There are times where Rudy at the 4 might not be a bad idea but it certainly should not be the default position as it seems to be early. Also, if Casey insists on going small, he needs to have Amir out there at the 5 as his first option and possibly JV in certain spots. Hansbrough is not athletic enough to play the 5 in a small lineup. He'll work his ass off but it isn't what he is made for.

Honestly, if Casey just wants to get his wings out there more, then I would be fine with running out Fields/Gay/Derozan on the perimeter when Lowry hits the bench. It's an updgrade on having Augustin out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Honestly, if Casey just wants to get his wings out there more, then I would be fine with running out Fields/Gay/Derozan on the perimeter when Lowry hits the bench. It's an updgrade on having Augustin out there.
    I play Fields as my backup PG in 2k14. I love the idea. He's smart enough that you don't have to worry about him turning it over 4 times in a row.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    ... I don't see how the two are related... this just seems like a very weird thing to say.
    Agreed.

I hope Rudy goes off tonight.

Charlotte is the most enticing trade partner in my opinion.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    casey has pretty much become a joke around the league now

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gonna miss the game tonight... can someone cover for me and scream at their TV all game saying : "move the fucking ball!" and "where the hell is Jonas!?"

13. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I disagree with a lot of you. I think Biyombo could give JV fits with his D. Had a hard on Biyombo around draft and I still do. Just feel like Charlotte isn't putting him in a position to succeed.
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Casey not playing JV is getting similar to Rambis refusing to play Kevin Love early in his career, and once Rambis was gone Love was unleashed.

Unrelated, but am I the only big Kemba Walker fan here? He had a sneakily good season last year, and I think he could end up as a good Jason Terry-like 6th man on a contender team.

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i got a feeling this game is gonna be depressing
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    Casey not playing JV is getting similar to Rambis refusing to play Kevin Love early in his career, and once Rambis was gone Love was unleashed.

Unrelated, but am I the only big Kemba Walker fan here? He had a sneakily good season last year, and I think he could end up as a good Jason Terry-like 6th man on a contender team.
    kemba does good. was a bit streaky. he should be solid this year. he goes unnoticed because of the team he's on.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling we're gonna lose this game. It has been shown in the past that we suck against the Bobcats regards of whether they suck or not. Back when they were the worst team in the NBA record, we gave them two of their seven wins for the season. We just have huge curse against the Bobcats. If we are gonna win, I expect it to be close and not a blowout...

19. Like lilmamba_ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    I have a feeling we're gonna lose this game. It has been shown in the past that we suck against the Bobcats regards of whether they suck or not. Back when they were the worst team in the NBA record, we gave them two of their seven wins for the season. We just have huge curse against the Bobcats. If we are gonna win, I expect it to be close and not a blowout...
    exactly what i was thinking we play so light on them, we take them easily and it cost us so many games. im also feeling a loss
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The guys in the Bobcats RealGM forums are chalking this up as a win.
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

22. Like lilmamba_ liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would laugh and cry if we end up being down by 1 with the last possession, and Gay gets fouled on the potential game winner but the foul isn't called.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Toronto Raptors Spread -2.5
    Stake: 200.00
    Potential Winnings: 181.81

EDIT:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote consmap wrote: View Post
    I would laugh and cry if we end up being down by 1 with the last possession, and Gay gets fouled on the potential game winner but the foul isn't called.
    deja vu my friend deja vu

Thread Information