Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #5: Toronto Raptors 90 - Charlotte Bobcats 92 (F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyson Chandler out 4-6 weeks. That 5th seed is wide open. Just sayin...
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

For some reason I hope we lose this game so Rudy will stop being such a wanabe all-star.

Comment

No excuse to lose this game r
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          Tyson Chandler out 4-6 weeks. That 5th seed is wide open. Just sayin...
          Not so fast....Woody will play Bargs at C.

Comment

I think Jonas has proven effective against a Small Ball rotation. Last night was a perfect example. Wth Haslem being the biggest body on the floor, Jonas was able to have his way over top, while not really giving up much to the smaller, 'quicker' Haslem.

If Casey continues to leave Jonas on the bench the way he has been, I will change my tune about Casey being the first coach fired...

Just like if he continues to play Augustin after 4 turnovers in a row.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
              For some reason I hope we lose this game so Rudy will stop being such a wanabe all-star.
              ... I don't see how the two are related... this just seems like a very weird thing to say.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                Not so fast....Woody will play Bargs at C.
                That makes it even more wide open!!
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                  Charlotte played smallball against the Knicks because Tyson Chandler went down with his injury in the first quarter, and Chandler is the only effective big New York has - Kenyon Martin and Cole Aldrich are not guys you want playing long minutes, A'mare is a defensive sieve, and Bargs is worse than A'mare is. When your opponent's only defensive big isn't playing, smallball becomes an ideal strategy, particularly when your smaller players are better defenders than the other side.

(As a sidenote: Chandler is going to be out four to six weeks. The Knicks are going to lose a lot of games over the next month.)
                  I don't agree with the "You must match small for small".. if you have mobile, active 5 then you take full advantage of this new mismatch that has been created. And if the opposition just DON'T have the bigs to match, then you wear them down, and go to JV every god damn time, until the coach is coming out there trying to stop him himself.

If all Jonas has to go up against tonight is Byombo, Zeller and McRoberts, then he SHOULD have a 20-20 game. We'll see if Casey allows it.
                  Last edited by Joey; Wed Nov 6, 2013, 03:30 PM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    I don't agree with the "You must match small for small".. if you have mobile, active 5 then you take full advantage of this new mismatch that has been created. And if the opposition just DON'T have the bigs to match, then you wear them down, and go to JV every god damn time, until the coach is coming out there trying to stop him himself.

If all Jonas has to go up against tonight is Byombo, Zeller and McRoberts, then he SHOULD have a 20-20 game. We'll see if Casey allows it.
                    You might even see some Tolliver at PF. The Charlotte frontcourt is pretty awful, especially without Jefferson. If JV gets minutes there's no reason he shouldn't have a huge game on both ends of the court.

JV is averaging less minutes than he played last year. He only has 1 game over 30 minutes played (31 minutes). JV hasn't been in foul trouble yet. We don't even have another center on the team other than Gray. The insanity of not playing JV 30+ minutes per game every game needs to stop.

Comment

Looks like raps media guys are in full GO-BIG ( JV, AMIR, TYLER ) mode.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                        I recall last year looking at the numbers with Rudy at the PF spot and they were not good. It's a small sample size so far this year but I can't imagine they look great at the moment.

There are times where Rudy at the 4 might not be a bad idea but it certainly should not be the default position as it seems to be early. Also, if Casey insists on going small, he needs to have Amir out there at the 5 as his first option and possibly JV in certain spots. Hansbrough is not athletic enough to play the 5 in a small lineup. He'll work his ass off but it isn't what he is made for.

Honestly, if Casey just wants to get his wings out there more, then I would be fine with running out Fields/Gay/Derozan on the perimeter when Lowry hits the bench. It's an updgrade on having Augustin out there.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                          Honestly, if Casey just wants to get his wings out there more, then I would be fine with running out Fields/Gay/Derozan on the perimeter when Lowry hits the bench. It's an updgrade on having Augustin out there.
                          I play Fields as my backup PG in 2k14. I love the idea. He's smart enough that you don't have to worry about him turning it over 4 times in a row.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            ... I don't see how the two are related... this just seems like a very weird thing to say.
                            Agreed.

I hope Rudy goes off tonight.

Charlotte is the most enticing trade partner in my opinion.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                              casey has pretty much become a joke around the league now

Comment

Gonna miss the game tonight... can someone cover for me and scream at their TV all game saying : "move the fucking ball!" and "where the hell is Jonas!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X