Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #5: Toronto Raptors 90 - Charlotte Bobcats 92 (F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #5: Toronto Raptors 90 - Charlotte Bobcats 92 (F)

Last nite Charlotte played a fair amount of small ball versus the Knicks, with Biyombo only getting 18 minutes, McRoberts 21 minutes, Zeller 18 minutes, with a combined 2-8 baskets between the three.

Haywood, Al-J are both inactive with injures.

So SMALL BALL, will JV even see the floor tonite?

Onwards & Upwards you Raptorphiles!

Banzai

This should be a good test of middlin teams.

Comment

All Landry Fields, all the time. Because, y'know, we play to what the Charlotte Bobcats are doing. Playing MORE JV and Amir because there's no post threat or shot blocking on the other side? That is just ludicrous and outside of the box thinking.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Charlotte played smallball against the Knicks because Tyson Chandler went down with his injury in the first quarter, and Chandler is the only effective big New York has - Kenyon Martin and Cole Aldrich are not guys you want playing long minutes, A'mare is a defensive sieve, and Bargs is worse than A'mare is. When your opponent's only defensive big isn't playing, smallball becomes an ideal strategy, particularly when your smaller players are better defenders than the other side.

(As a sidenote: Chandler is going to be out four to six weeks. The Knicks are going to lose a lot of games over the next month.)

Comment

Knicks are masters of the game, they will have a new 3 guard next year, a canadian one.... they were smart enough to trade for AB. The raps cant win, but worse, they have no idea how to lost either.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
            Charlotte played smallball against the Knicks because Tyson Chandler went down with his injury in the first quarter, and Chandler is the only effective big New York has - Kenyon Martin and Cole Aldrich are not guys you want playing long minutes, A'mare is a defensive sieve, and Bargs is worse than A'mare is. When your opponent's only defensive big isn't playing, smallball becomes an ideal strategy, particularly when your smaller players are better defenders than the other side.

(As a sidenote: Chandler is going to be out four to six weeks. The Knicks are going to lose a lot of games over the next month.)
            Considering their penchant for making ill advised and panic trades they would be ripe for the taking. Alas their cupboard is bare I think (picks) and Shumpert is probably the only player I would think advisable to trade for. Too bad.

Comment

<---------
              "Masai WILL win us a championship"
              - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

Honestly with this backlash Casey will do the right thing and play JV if not.....hes out of the head coaching job. Regardless though Casey will get a job back in no time.

Comment

Anyone know why Jack isn't saying his funny HELLO thing?

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                    Anyone know why Jack isn't saying his funny HELLO thing?
                    Cuz every time he says it, Casey yanks Jonas off the floor....

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                      Honestly with this backlash Casey will do the right thing and play JV if not.....hes out of the head coaching job. Regardless though Casey will get a job back in no time.
                      As an assistant.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                        Knicks are masters of the game, they will have a new 3 guard next year, a canadian one...
                        I can't wait to see Jamaal Magloire come out of retirement to play for the Knicks!

(but seriously, New York doesn't have a pick this year, they traded it to Denver in the Melo trade)
                        Last edited by Joey; Wed Nov 6, 2013, 03:25 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Comment

"Masai WILL win us a championship"
                          - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            As an assistant.
                            Dallas

Comment

Gerald Henderson looks really creepy with a completely shaved head.

Comment

Working...
                              X