Thread: What could have been.

Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What could have been.

22.8 PPG
    7.8 APG
    5.8 RPG
    26.11 PER
    These stats belong to Eric Bledsoe. Guy's playing like an All-Star. It's obviously early, but if he keeps it up, look out.

If you could go back and trade for him, would you?
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
    22.8 PPG
    7.8 APG
    5.8 RPG
    26.11 PER
    These stats belong to Eric Bledsoe. Guy's playing like an All-Star. It's obviously early, but if he keeps it up, look out.

If you could go back and trade for him, would you?
    When did we ever have the chance? How is this what could have been? Doesn't that imply the Raptors had the opportunity and passed it up (which they didn't)?

Bledsoe's a nice player, but you can't be upset about something that couldn't have happened.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Was there a credible rumour involving Bledsoe and the Raps?

From reading the title, I thought this was going to be a TMac and Vince thread
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There were whispers of Raptors having interest in trade this summer.

If they shed Rudy or he opts out, Raps could make an offer this summer.

Although if he continues that all year he will likely be offered a max which PHX would probably match.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

wasnt the rumor Blesdsoe for DeMar? giving up a guy whos turning the corner and locked in for next 4 seasons for a guy who can leave after this season.. Rudy playing awful as he is glad we didnt make that rumored deal.

Post Thanks / Like

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94...geles-clippers

All I'm saying is there was interest, and he's a lot better than lowry. You can argue DeRozan is turning the corner, but Bledsoe looks consistent where as DeRozan doesn't. Woulda been a nice one-two punch with him and Jonas. I wasn't aware he could leave after a season, so my bad.
    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94...geles-clippers

All I'm saying is there was interest, and he's a lot better than lowry. You can argue DeRozan is turning the corner, but Bledsoe looks consistent where as DeRozan doesn't. Woulda been a nice one-two punch with him and Jonas. I wasn't aware he could leave after a season, so my bad.
    Bledsoe is far from one dimensional as well.
    Tim Leiweke

8. Like Blacklash2k4, KazanTheMan liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember the rumour and also wanted BC to try and pick him up. He was showing so much potential and was one of those guys that just needed a chance to start to show what he could do. Great pick up for Phoenix.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bledsoe is an RFA.. so you can always match another team's offer. The problem is at what price point would the offer be at? If it's a max contract then that's a bad deal. If he was making 4 years / $48M then it's Lawson money and he hasn't really proved that he can play as well as Lawson aside from the short sample size of this season. So giving up assets for him could have been a gamble. It's looking good now but again it depends on what his next contract will be.

And yeah.. LAC wanted DeMar.. that was the rumour as far as I remember it.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is extremely weak without a confirmed rumor that we had any chance at all to acquire Bledsoe.

Might as well put up a picture of Kate Upton and say:

"Oh man, if only all humans in the world died and she and I were the only ones left and we had to restart the human race.... what could have been."
    your pal,
    ebrian

12. Like Sig liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

This seems to be another way to acquire potential all-stars; i.e., trade for a promising (but not proven) bench player a year or so before he hits free agency. In this case, there is still a lot of risk because you haven't seen what the player can do for long stretches against front-line starters, but there is enough sample size (e.g. high PER) to evaluate the possibility that he could emerge as one. The Harden situation is obviously the best case & Darren Collison comes to mind as the opposite situation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    This thread is extremely weak without a confirmed rumor that we had any chance at all to acquire Bledsoe.

"Oh man, if only all humans in the world died and she and I were the only ones left and we had to restart the human race.... what could have been."
    Thanks for the input
    - Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't believe the Suns managed to get Butler and Bledsoe for Dudley and a 2nd round pick.

16. Like KazanTheMan liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    This seems to be another way to acquire potential all-stars; i.e., trade for a promising (but not proven) bench player a year or so before he hits free agency. In this case, there is still a lot of risk because you haven't seen what the player can do for long stretches against front-line starters, but there is enough sample size (e.g. high PER) to evaluate the possibility that he could emerge as one. The Harden situation is obviously the best case & Darren Collison comes to mind as the opposite situation.
    I would say Colangelo has tried that method a few times already. Humphries, Ford, Bayless, James Johnson, Amir, Weems, etc.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I would say Colangelo has tried that method a few times already. Humphries, Ford, Bayless, James Johnson, Amir, Weems, etc.
    Yeah, but that was Colangelo. lol.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

i assumed the OP meant the draft. he went 18th the year we picked ed at 13. as i recall raps had some interest (think we worked him out in PG group) and some posters here wanted him (or avery bradley) to shore up PG spot, while other posters (paticularly tim w) were ADAMANT neither were PGs and would never succeed because they were tweeners.

as it turns out davis fell and we picked him on perceived value.

hindsight is 20-20 and all but i'd sure like to have either of them now, especially bledsoe
    Last edited by chris; Wed Nov 6th, 2013 at 03:28 PM. Reason: spelling

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You'd fail, you need a minimum of 8 women and preferably more than one man to get the human race back to any sort of sustainable number.

Post Thanks / Like

Have some faith in yourself, brotha! You'll never get her if that's your attitude.

In any event, I do remember there being rumors floating around about a Demar-Bledsoe swap, but I'm not sure how much of it was actual inside information vs. speculation.
    Either way, he's putting up around the same numbers as Lowry did in as many games last year. I really like Bledsoe's game and would be happy to have him on the Raps, but to what capacity? I'll need to see him keep it up for a bit longer before I fully make up my mind about him.
    "This just in........ THE RAPTORS ARE AMAZING!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    You'd fail, you need a minimum of 8 women and preferably more than one man to get the human race back to any sort of sustainable number.
    Even then, within 100 years everybody would be so damn inbred.
    You'd end up with a basketball team of Adam Morrison's, not Bledsoe's.
    "This just in........ THE RAPTORS ARE AMAZING!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    Can't believe the Suns managed to get Butler and Bledsoe for Dudley and a 2nd round pick.
    The things that can happen with a Raptors 2nd round pick and a value contract!
    Tim Leiweke

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information