Gay for Rondo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gay for Rondo

Rudy Gay and Kyle Lowry for Rajon Rondo and Gerald Wallace.

best thread title ever.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
      best thread title ever.
      If he can develop a consistent jump shot, I'm definitely 100% Gay for Rondo xD

Comment

Lolllll..... but more seriously, would you do it, here's why I think this could be a good trade for us.

We could put DeMar at the 3, and at the 2,... T-Ross. I think that with a playmaker such as Rajon Rondo as the point guard, Ross could thrive as the starting shooting guard. He would also give you that 3 point threat you need to space the floor for your starting 5.

Wallace would thrive as the 1st forward of the bench. He can play both the 3 and the 4 spots. When Hansbrough comes in he can be the 4 when he's with Amir or Jonas. He could be the 5 when we play small ball with Wallace at the 4.
        Here is how I would set up the new roster (consider this as a 10-man rotation):

5: Valanciunas/Hansbrough/Gray
        4: Johnson/Wallace/Acy
        3: DeRozan/Novak/Daye
        2: Ross/Fields/Stone
        1: Rondo/Augustin/Buycks

I think that would be a really well balanced team.

What do y'all think?

Comment

Gay and Lowry for Rondo and 2015 pick.

Forget Wallace, the guy is a wash.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Salaries won't work.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
              best thread title ever.
              Lmfao!
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

That's my dream!
                But i think DeMar at the 3 won't work. Put Wallace in the starting lineup
                No new friends (c)

Comment

Well to me DeMar is a 3

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    Gay and Lowry for Rondo and 2015 pick.

Forget Wallace, the guy is a wash.
                    Too generous. Gay and Lowry for LeBron and seventeen 1st rounders from the Heat.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                      Lolllll..... but more seriously, would you do it, here's why I think this could be a good trade for us.
                      I would do it, yes. It's two birds, one stone. The Raptors get a star AND get a high draft pick this year because Rondo is nowhere near ready yet. It's a bit of a gamble of course because of Rondo's health and because the draft is always a gamble -- but this would be a great gamble.

Not sure why Boston would consider this, though. I think they hang up very quickly. If they trade Rondo, they would want picks / prospects.

Comment

Gay and DeRozan for Rondo and Humphries's expiring deal?

Comment

Why would Boston do this?
                          Ainge is smarter than that.
                          Gay really isn't a useful piece for a team that wants to contend, and they aren't interested in anything else.
                          (Gay really isn't a useful piece?).

This whole "Boston is going through a complete rebuild and Rondo must be on the way out" is silly.
                          Ainge flipped the old guys for picks, and he's keeping the rest.
                          To my understanding, none of the top prospects are point guards anyway.

If anybody can tell me why trading Rondo for anything but another stellar player makes sense, please enlighten me.
                          He could hardly be better at his position.

Comment

Shrub wrote: View Post
                            Why would Boston do this?
                            Ainge is smarter than that.
                            Gay really isn't a useful piece for a team that wants to contend, and they aren't interested in anything else.
                            (Gay really isn't a useful piece?).

This whole "Boston is going through a complete rebuild and Rondo must be on the way out" is silly.
                            Ainge flipped the old guys for picks, and he's keeping the rest.
                            To my understanding, none of the top prospects are point guards anyway.

If anybody can tell me why trading Rondo for anything but another stellar player makes sense, please enlighten me.
                            He could hardly be better at his position.
                            Re first bold - mostly forwards and point guards at the top of this draft.

Re second bold - no reasons that I can think of, if we are talking about the type of trades discussed in this thread. But if Boston was offered good rebuilding assets (good picks, prospects), I could see arguments. Rondo hasn't been at his best for two years now. There were character issues. He's going to be able to leave in less than two years. He had several serious injuries. He was playing for stats at times last year, and that's while surrounded by vets; what will happen on a young losing team. Is he going to rage through the next couple years of losing and then go join the Knicks when they offer him the max?
                            I suspect Ainge has those thoughts cross his mind sometimes.

I don't expect Rondo to be traded, though. It's an extremely rare opportunity for a team that already has a star to be able to tank in a great draft. The Spurs were in that situation in 1997 when Robinson was injured. They got Duncan and multiple titles. The Celtics were in that situation when Paul Pierce was injured (2007? the Durant draft). They got a high pick and used it to form the Big 3. It's an opportunity, and there's definitely no need to trade Rondo unless the offer is really good.
                            Last edited by BobLoblaw; Sat Nov 9, 2013, 06:56 PM.

Comment

the way you deal with Boston is taking the long term salary off their books. Give them Fields for Courtney Lee (cash) they save 8 million. Give them Lowry for Bass - they save 7 million...
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                              X