View Poll Results: after 2 back to back double digits blow lead should casey be fired

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

20 76.92%
  • no

6 23.08%
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Masai fire Casey ?

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Will Masai fire Casey ?

What is it going to take for UM to fire DC? You practically cannot change the whole roster so is the next logical move to change the coaching given the poor decision making by DC?

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Masai should fire Casey.

Is it going to happen? I don't think so..

Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do you want Casey gone?!?! Don't you want Wiggins???
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

4. Like RaptorsFan4Life, Nilanka, Axel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
    Why do you want Casey gone?!?! Don't you want Wiggins???
    Are you implying that keeping Casey will make us bad enough to get Wiggins? lol
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

6. Like Blacklash2k4, KazanTheMan liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they should wait at least a month into the season to do this kind of things. Who knows what's going on in the locker room? Casey probably know things we don't, afterall he's the head coach. Maybe the approach is to make JV take full confidence before throwing him on the court full time. As I see it, JV is still getting better, each and every day and game.

It's only 5 games in.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why fire him? He's our tank commander

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes he definitely should. George Carl, SVG, Doug Collins, Nate Mcmillan... all better than DC
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can anybody think of any legit reasons why Masai might actually keep him?
    I'm trying to imagine a scenario where DC still has the job for the year despite being unimpressive as a head coach.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote consmap wrote: View Post
    I'm trying to imagine a scenario where DC still has the job for the year despite being unimpressive as a head coach.
    I have no fucking clue. Also there is no point in keeping rudy and kyle around if the plan is tanking... if that was the plan MU would've dumped both of them before the season started. It is clear they are trying to win, Casey is just a horrible head coach and he needs to go ASAP
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Rob Ford smoking crack and still running the city.
    Dwane Casey benching JV and still running the team.

It's time for greener pastures boys.

It has been written.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He should, but he won't.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Yes he definitely should. George Carl, SVG, Doug Collins, Nate Mcmillan... all better than DC
    Aside from Casey developing some bad coaching habits or making some big mistakes which cost games, this is the best reason to me as to why now (or at least, in the somewhat near future) would be a great time to get a new coach.

So many good ones on the market that Masai could consider.

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, unless you can bring in a SVG level coach, it's pointless to do it. Who you going to hire in-season? Patrick Ewing? No established coach is going to join this team unless they can see a silver lining. After the season, after we've dismantled this roster and have a young stud from the draft to pair with JV, then we might actually be an attractive coaching option. We could offer a boat load of cash, a young stud (Wiggins, Smart, Gordon, etc) to work with, as well as JV and likely some interesting role pieces (doubt that we'll move Fields, Stone, Ross).

16. Like RaptorsFan4Life, OldSkoolCool, Fully liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Honestly, unless you can bring in a SVG level coach, it's pointless to do it. Who you going to hire in-season? Patrick Ewing? No established coach is going to join this team unless they can see a silver lining. After the season, after we've dismantled this roster and have a young stud from the draft to pair with JV, then we might actually be an attractive coaching option. We could offer a boat load of cash, a young stud (Wiggins, Smart, Gordon, etc) to work with, as well as JV and likely some interesting role pieces (doubt that we'll move Fields, Stone, Ross).
    Nick Nurse?

He coached D-League to championship.

He is familiar with coaching in NBA rules.... obviously talent much different.

Every great new, young coach needs an opportunity to start somewhere.

If he fails, no biggie - can't be worse than now, can it? If he succeeds, great.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

18. Like RaptorsFan4Life liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as I don't think Casey is a championship calibre head coach (or even an NBA calibre head coach), I just don't see what a coaching change will do.

If your trying to win, I agree w/ Axel. Unless you've got a mult-year deal with Jerry Sloan, what's the point? Casey was coming off a championship with Dallas, had shown some positives when he was coach of the T-Wolves. When the T-Wolves fired him because they weren't living up to expectations, the were pretty much .500, after he got the axe they were terrible. In hindsight, the under performance of the T-Wolves, was actually pretty decent performance based on the TALENT on that team.

Even if you got Sloan to agree to come out of retirement would the Raps get home court advantage in the playoffs? I don't think so. If you bring in someone with no head coaching experience the best you can hope for is to squeak into the playoffs, but you have that chance with Casey.

If you are pro-tank, all you have to do is get rid of lowry, and this team may not win another game. You can do that with Casey calling the shots as well.

As much as it is super annoying that JV isn't getting more minutes... he should be getting 30-35 not 20-25, I don't think Casey is hindering his overall development.

To me it still comes down to the talent on the roster NOT the coach on the bench. MU is still in his wait and see approach, and he'll still there until probably mid december (as other posters have alluded to).

I don't see a coaching change until after a roster shake up, and probably not even then.

That said, Casey will not be the head coach next year, when we have firmly decided on where we are with the franchise.

All that said, if for some reason MU is able to ink a multi-year deal with Jackson or Sloan, then by all means fire Casey, but upgrading the HC position isn't going to do much unless the talent is upgraded as well.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

20. Like Fully liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I respect coach Casey and I've been backing him but the way the Raptors are playing, I regret to inform that he is not up to par.

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Nick Nurse?

He coached D-League to championship.

He is familiar with coaching in NBA rules.... obviously talent much different.

Every great new, young coach needs an opportunity to start somewhere.

If he fails, no biggie - can't be worse than now, can it? If he succeeds, great.
    If Nick Nurse is the answer, then why bother making a change? If the goal for this season is to develop our young players, then Nurse is already doing that in practice. I don't see a huge developmental change by promoting our assistant. So he might do things a bit differently and we win an extra game or two, is that really a good thing at this point?

Let the chips fall, if we can't lure a SVG/Sloan/JVG coach with our revamped roster, then we can still promote Nurse.

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think people put too much praise on Coaches when the team wins, and too much on them when they lose.

The goal in Toronto, unless its to try to win now with what they got, cannot be to win games, Casey is likely under a shit load of pressure to play certain guys, and do certain things, etc. He isn't stupid, he knows JV is playing well and he is getting him minutes, but somehow, I can't help but think there really is a tank going on. even if there weren't, even if Casey woke up suddenly stupid in September, do you really want a guy who will get every ounce out of this team so Toronto can pick 15th in the upcoming draft? Really?

Guys, Toronto has ALREADY won too many games this fall. They are way behind in the tank race. As much as I like to bitch about Gay, Lowry, fuck, a lot of guys, I still enjoy the losses. A LOT. I am afraid of this team, I am afraid they have enough talent now to win 35-45 games, THAT IS A NIGHTMARE. If Casey WAS doing an amazing job, OR if the players WERE playing thier best, this franchise would be fucked.

Go Tank.
    Go questionable play calling.

Go RAPS!

24. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sloan isnt going anywhere hes in an advisor role in Utah. How many picks do we have this year in the 1st round? did Knicks give us this year or next year?

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote consmap wrote: View Post
    The only reason(s) I could come up with are:

- Our defense improved from consistantly the worst in the league to middle of the pack and this year though early one of the better defenses (I think we were the 6th ranked defense after week one)
    - The team is not ready to compete in the playoffs, so no need to bring in a better tactician right now. Defensive principles are a huge and very important building block for a good team, and Casey is proving he can teach them that atleast.

27. Like Superjudge liked this post
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information