View Poll Results: after 2 back to back double digits blow lead should casey be fired

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    20 76.92%
  • no

    6 23.08%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 251

Thread: Will Masai fire Casey ?

  1. #61
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,666
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    On a more ominous note....I wonder If Casey loses the locker room over last night's fiasco/s.
    This is actually what I've been thinking all morning. If he does, does it make any sense to keep him even if they think he's the tank commander? You want to lose, but you don't want your players to tune out the coach and become totally apathetic. Especially this early in the season.

  2. #62
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    On a more ominous note....I wonder If Casey loses the locker room over last night's fiasco/s.
    I'm not sure if he "loses the locker room" in the traditional sense but you have to think that at least some of the players are raising an eyebrow about what went on.

  3. #63
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    On a more ominous note....I wonder If Casey loses the locker room over last night's fiasco/s.
    Oh man will that mean even more contested long twos early in the shot-clock?!?!?! Will that mean even more looking off Jonas deep in the post!?!?!?

  4. Like Bendit liked this post
  5. #64
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Oh man will that mean even more contested long twos early in the shot-clock?!?!?! Will that mean even more looking off Jonas deep in the post!?!?!?
    Raptors basketball is already frustrating to watch. I can't imagine what would it become after this..
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  6. #65
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Did Casey bury Ed? In the 111 games Davis played under Casey, he averaged ~ 24 mpg.

    In Memphis, he's averaging a whopping 15 mpg through 41 games.
    Ed is playing behind Gasol and Z-Bo in Memphis....he was playing behind an injured Bargnani in TO

  7. #66
    Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,712
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Ed is playing behind Gasol and Z-Bo in Memphis....he was playing behind an injured Bargnani in TO
    But Bargs was dirk 2.0....
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

    Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

    Reporter: "How can you say that?"

    Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

  8. #67
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
    But Bargs was dirk 2.0....
    Casey obviously deluded....

  9. #68
    Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You have to fire Casey because he is doing such a horrible job of showcasing our players. Going into this season I thought that there was no way the value of our guys like Gay and Lowry could be any lower. Casey has somehow done the impossible and made Gay and Lowry look even worse than last year.

    The best way to showcase any of your players is to run them in the pick and roll, something that every single NBA team does a lot of (outside of the Raptors for god knows why). Why we aren't running the pick and roll, or any set plays, is beyond me, and it's the main reason the stock of our players is falling.

    He's also stunting the growth of JV and Ross (we don't need to showcase Hansbrough at Center, or anyone besides Derozan at SG). If we fire Casey and promote Nurse there basically won't be any pressure on Nurse to succeed, just to get JV involved and make the team look more like an NBA offense. We could hire a new coach in the offseason when we'll hopefully have a bunch more 1st round picks and a lot less salary on the roster.

  10. #69
    Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    This is actually what I've been thinking all morning. If he does, does it make any sense to keep him even if they think he's the tank commander? You want to lose, but you don't want your players to tune out the coach and become totally apathetic. Especially this early in the season.
    I think it's only right to tank via lack of talent/experience. Tanking due to purposefully bad coaching is bad for player development, team and fan morale, and is kinda a disgrace to the game.

  11. Like NoPropsneeded liked this post
  12. #70
    Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Etobicoke<3
    Posts
    2,630
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I ask my self the same question every night before I go to sleep.
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

  13. #71
    Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
    I ask my self the same question every night before I go to sleep.
    I try to avoid that, because if I do then I can't sleep.

  14. Like lilmamba_ liked this post
  15. #72
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,054
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I say if we're still under .500 by the end of November Casey is gone.

    The truth is, no body is listening to him. He's a good coach, just that, we don't have players that respect him enough to play the way he wants and to drop their own ego's.

  16. #73
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lietuva
    Posts
    1,343
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    I say if we're still under .500 by the end of November Casey is gone.

    The truth is, no body is listening to him. He's a good coach, just that, we don't have players that respect him enough to play the way he wants and to drop their own ego's.
    so JV has got huge ego O.o, would have never thought.
    #FREE

  17. #74
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,975
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    I say if we're still under .500 by the end of November Casey is gone.

    The truth is, no body is listening to him. He's a good coach, just that, we don't have players that respect him enough to play the way he wants and to drop their own ego's.
    Regarding the bolded, what are you basing that on?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  18. #75
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Remember last year's coach of the year in George Karl? After reading several Denver-based articles, he was fired for many reason (some philosophical but Kroenke also questioned his rotations AND the limited minutes to JaVale McGee). Sounds familiar? If this team continues its downward spiral, it's because in part how Casey manages people's minutes and you guessed it, the limited minutes of Jonas. My prediction: he won't last November and Nick Nurse or Bayno will run the team the rest of the year. Those guys are lame duck coaches that will allow Gay and everyone else to just pad their stats, make them more desirable for contending teams while the losing continues. Whoever can do those things will be the interim of this team moving forward.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

  19. #76
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,740
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Regarding the bolded, what are you basing that on?
    He's just drunk, don't worry about it
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  20. #77
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,740
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Remember last year's coach of the year in George Karl? After reading several Denver-based articles, he was fired for many reason (some philosophical but Kroenke also questioned his rotations AND the limited minutes to JaVale McGee). Sounds familiar? If this team continues its downward spiral, it's because in part how Casey manages people's minutes and you guessed it, the limited minutes of Jonas. My prediction: he won't last November and Nick Nurse or Bayno will run the team the rest of the year. Those guys are lame duck coaches that will allow Gay and everyone else to just pad their stats, make them more desirable for contending teams while the losing continues. Whoever can do those things will be the interim of this team moving forward.
    Hopefully nick nurse can pull a frank Vogel
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  21. #78
    Raptors Republic Starter peanutwoozle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    294
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    I think it's only right to tank via lack of talent/experience. Tanking due to purposefully bad coaching is bad for player development, team and fan morale, and is kinda a disgrace to the game.
    I don't think its right to tank at all.

  22. #79
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
    I don't think its right to tank at all.
    Its not tanking if we are just bad

  23. Like mcHAPPY, Nilanka liked this post
  24. #80
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,975
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
    I don't think its right to tank at all.
    I don't think it's right for a franchise to exist for 18 years, and only have 1 playoff series win to show for it....

    ....and it was a best-of-5 series :|
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •