Will Masai fire Casey ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Regarding the bolded, what are you basing that on?
    He's just drunk, don't worry about it

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
      Remember last year's coach of the year in George Karl? After reading several Denver-based articles, he was fired for many reason (some philosophical but Kroenke also questioned his rotations AND the limited minutes to JaVale McGee). Sounds familiar? If this team continues its downward spiral, it's because in part how Casey manages people's minutes and you guessed it, the limited minutes of Jonas. My prediction: he won't last November and Nick Nurse or Bayno will run the team the rest of the year. Those guys are lame duck coaches that will allow Gay and everyone else to just pad their stats, make them more desirable for contending teams while the losing continues. Whoever can do those things will be the interim of this team moving forward.
      Hopefully nick nurse can pull a frank Vogel

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
        I think it's only right to tank via lack of talent/experience. Tanking due to purposefully bad coaching is bad for player development, team and fan morale, and is kinda a disgrace to the game.
        I don't think its right to tank at all.

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
          Its not tanking if we are just bad

Comment

I don't think it's right for a franchise to exist for 18 years, and only have 1 playoff series win to show for it....

....and it was a best-of-5 series :|

Comment

I don't think it's right for a franchise to exist for 18 years, and only have 1 playoff series win to show for it....

....and it was a best-of-5 series :|
              There is no difference between tanking and quitting.

Comment

It's not quitting. The players on the roster certainly don't quit.

Instead, management simply says, "it's not our time yet".

Comment

It's not quitting. The players on the roster certainly don't quit.

Instead, management simply says, "it's not our time yet".
                  in other words "i don't believe in you guys"

and by the way, to me, the time is now, 5 years is enough time and the clock doesn't magically get extended when you get a new GM, sorry.

Comment

and by the way, to me, the time is now, 5 years is enough time and the clock doesn't magically get extended when you get a new GM, sorry.
                    Well, if the time is now then they had better be making a trade for a superstar stat. 2014, 2016, 2018 firsts, plus Valanciunas and maybe Derozan, throw in a couple second rounders? Does that come close to landing you Durant?

Cause if you want to win now, that's what's it is going to take to land the kind of player they need (if that kind of player is even available).

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                      Well, if the time is now then they had better be making a trade for a superstar stat. 2014, 2016, 2018 firsts, plus Valanciunas and maybe Derozan, throw in a couple second rounders? Does that come close to landing you Durant?

Cause if you want to win now, that's what's it is going to take to land the kind of player they need (if that kind of player is even available).
                      getting to the 7th-8th seed would be fine by me as a start.

Comment

If MU does a makeover of the team however...by trading for picks or other players (which btw I hope very much he does) then yes, he is saying "I dont believe you guys as a group cannot get us where we want to go....which is a sustainable good/great team which can compete for the championship".

You say, the time is now. For what? And 5 years is enough....what 5 years? BC's 5 yrs.? We have average talent and a capped out team as constituted. We may barely and optimistically make the playoffs and then what? You realize that Gay can opt out and Lowry becomes a UFA. I do not believe either takes us anywhere long term and if retained continue to pressure the cap position. There are many threads here on the subject providing all points of view, many debates and more than I can offer here. Please read them...I see you are new....welcome.

Comment

getting to the 7th-8th seed would be fine by me as a start.
                          Us Toronto fans settle for much less eh? :P
                          A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

GoldenBaller wrote: View Post
                            Us Toronto fans settle for much less eh? :P
                            It's what's called a start, lots of teams start there when they make the playoffs for the first time.

Comment

It's what's called a start, lots of teams start there when they make the playoffs for the first time.
                              Not trying to start an argument here, but you have to look at the big picture. This team at BEST is 6-8th. If you want to compete for championships, this is not the team to do it with. Yeah, waiting a couple more years is going to suck, but i'd rather contend in two-three years rather than be mediocre for the next four.
                              "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                              - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                                If MU does a makeover of the team however...by trading for picks or other players (which btw I hope very much he does) then yes, he is saying "I dont believe you guys as a group cannot get us where we want to go....which is a sustainable good/great team which can compete for the championship".

You say, the time is now. For what? And 5 years is enough....what 5 years? BC's 5 yrs.? We have average talent and a capped out team as constituted. We may barely and optimistically make the playoffs and then what? You realize that Gay can opt out and Lowry becomes a UFA. I do not believe either takes us anywhere long term and if retained continue to pressure the cap position. There are many threads here on the subject providing all points of view, many debates and more than I can offer here. Please read them...I see you are new....welcome.
                                key word, "if", has he, nope.

The time to start getting serious about building a winning culture is now, tanking like a quitter is not winning culture and is very disrespectful. I personally think this team has the pieces, but Casey is holding them back with his ego.

Comment

Working...
                                X