Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nosike wrote: View Post
    WIGGINS ISNT ON OUR TEAM

Stop setting yourselves up for disappointment by pretending that he is.

I also find it hilarious that people are trying to say for sure that DD and Wiggins wouldn't be able to work together. Looks like we have a bunch of 5 star scouts here that know exactly what Wiggins projects to be at the NBA level. As well as a bunch of Nostradamus copycats who know exactly what the rest of the team is going to look like, who'll be coaching and what system we'll be running.
    Like every conversation on RR, it's all about opinion about a particular possibility - one possibility of an infinite number of possibilities. If RR was only for scouts and experts employed by NBA franchises, evaluating only things that had already happened, this forum would be empty. Take a deep breath, count to 10, and just relax...

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      Like every conversation on RR, it's all about opinion about a particular possibility - one possibility of an infinite number of possibilities. If RR was only for scouts and experts employed by NBA franchises, evaluating only things that had already happened, this forum would be empty. Take a deep breath, count to 10, and just relax...
      I'm perfectly relaxed, I'd prefer it if you stopped talking to me like I'm a child and you're my superior.

You're not.

Comment

WIGGINS ISNT ON OUR TEAM

Stop setting yourselves up for disappointment by pretending that he is.

I also find it hilarious that people are trying to say for sure that DD and Wiggins wouldn't be able to work together. Looks like we have a bunch of 5 star scouts here that know exactly what Wiggins projects to be at the NBA level. As well as a bunch of Nostradamus copycats who know exactly what the rest of the team is going to look like, who'll be coaching and what system we'll be running.
        fine **hypothetical if we get Wiggy** or **hypothetical if we get Exum**

Then also realize that my point still goes to show that DD and Val do not compliment each other because DD cannot play with or off of Val, and Val can't play with or off of DD, so it isn't in the Raps best interest to build around both of them as a unit, because it wont work. So therefor trade away the one guy who has an easily replaceable skill set (*cough* DD/sixth man empty scorer *cough*), rather than a second year C...who at times (when he is getting PnR) is a very good C.

I don't care how good you think DD is at this point, if he doesn't fit within the direction the team wants to go, then it is the PERFECT time time to cash in on him as an asset to find pieces that do fit in the direction the team want to go.

And please, please try and argue that the Raps should build a mid-range jump shot, iso heavy team rather than a PnR/inside game with tons of 3pt shooting team. Because you can't. Ergo: Bye Bye DD

Comment

I'm perfectly relaxed, I'd prefer it if you stopped talking to me like I'm a child and you're my superior.

You're not.
          Heh, read your previous post (#228) and tell me if you don't see the irony of accusing CalgaryRapsFan of doing this.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            ^thats gross

seriously when building a contending team, your top three guys need to COMPLIMENT each other.

Wiggins and Val work together because I have faith that Wiggins will be able to run the PnR, as well as play a 2-man game
            DD and Val don't work because DD can't run the PnR and can't operate a 2 man game
            DD and Wiggins wont be as good as possible because Wiggins and Val will need a swing man who is a spot up 3 pt shooter, and there are better option than DD for that.

DD doesn't fit on this team...so he needs to go
            Every good team has 2 guys that can create for themselves and others on the wings. If DeMar cant hit 3s valid point, but recent games he has proven us wrong, Wiggins can hit threes and whoever the PG is should be able to know em down as well. How is awful? DD isnt as much a ball hog as he once was, and Wiggins is very generous would the basketball plus creates for himself...

also doesnt make sense as any time DeMar makes his threes its a relaxed catch and shoot. Have you been watching DeMar this season? everyone has been pleased with his game short of continued bad rebounding and barely passable defense.

Comment

You're not.
              haha between your post here and your one in the other thread that required three or four paragraphs to explain to your fellow posters that MU can't make a trade unless another GM agrees to trade with him (really, I had know idea, so thank you for the enlightenment oh wise one), I think you're the one posting with an air of superiority.

You just seem to like to post obvious stuff in an attempt to rip on other people, even when they're not doing anything close to what you're preaching about. Your snarky post about laughing at other people pretending to be Nostradamus, when all they're doing is talking about an idea and sharing their thoughts/opinions about that idea, which is exactly what a fan forum is all about (every opinion you post about a player, coach, gm, rumor, fellow poster, etc... is no different).

I wasn't intending to speak down to you, but rather encourage you to have more fun reading ideas shared by other posters, regardless whether you agree/disagree or how realistic the idea may be.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                Every good team has 2 guys that can create for themselves and others on the wings. If DeMar cant hit 3s valid point, but recent games he has proven us wrong, Wiggins can hit threes and whoever the PG is should be able to know em down as well. How is awful? DD isnt as much a ball hog as he once was, and Wiggins is very generous would the basketball plus creates for himself...

also doesnt make sense as any time DeMar makes his threes its a relaxed catch and shoot. Have you been watching DeMar this season? everyone has been pleased with his game short of continued bad rebounding and barely passable defense.
                Let's start by saying that I didn't mention anything about DD not being able to hit threes, just that there are better option out there than him.

1st bold = DD can't create for others, so he therefor his role should be one where the ball is out of his hands as much as possible...which in turn means that he needs to be a very good catch and shoot/system guy on the three point line. He has shown an improved shot...but does that sound like DD's game?

2nd bold = still a ballhog, just not as much...again if we are to contend we need players actively look to make the extra pass

3rd bold = again why do we want to build around him? Beside being stagnant offensively in terms of creating, he is also not good (ie better than average) at anything else on the basketball court??

As for DD being to play beside Wiggins...if Wiggins is as good as hyped, then I'm pretty sure anyone could play beside him...but I would much rather have players who are great at swinging the ball, shooting the three, and playing D...none of those traits are DD's strengths

Trade DD while his value is high. No two ways about it, when he has a major share of the offense, his team does not win basketball games, we have 3 and a bit of seasons worth of data to prove this. I am a DeRozan fan and I really wish him the best in the future, but right now, with the state of the Raptors and where I want them to be in the future, he doesn't have a part of it.

As for what this thread is actually about. Casey will only get fired after major trades are made to the personnel.

Comment

• Can someone just explain to me why DeRozan can't mesh with Val?

Does that have more to do with the individual players or the coaching system that we have in place?

Also I think DeMar is actually better as an off-ball player, not in isolation sets. I remember reading a post on RealGM where someone demonstrated this. Especially now that he is very consistent from the corner 3.

We don't need to trade him unless we get an offer we can't refuse.

Comment

You're not.
                    Well, if it walks like a duck......

You are getting what you put out there bud. There are better ways to get you point across than to talk down to people you don't know. be nice, its just better

Comment

Can someone just explain to me why DeRozan can't mesh with Val?
                      He can, you're right.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                        He can, you're right.
                        I think he can too. I don't think Derozan's game is done evolving yet. He may not become a superstar (almost definitely won't), but he's got a great attitude and will be able to adapt his game, in my opinion.
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• There are so many things to consider before firing the guy. First of all, what team are we trying to build? What kind of identity are we trying to establish? Are we gonna the blue collar route and play tough, grinding games? Are we gonna revert to the old 2006-07 model where we play a run and gun, shoot it out kind of game - much like what Golden State plays now? Do we need a coach that is more of a teacher if we're going to rebuild, and with being said, can Casey be that teacher? It all depends on the identity that Ujiri wants to build.

Sent from my C1904 using Tapatalk

Comment

Can someone just explain to me why DeRozan can't mesh with Val?
                            DD can't mesh with Val because he can't run the PnR, and it isn't something that he is going to magically develop.

DD has never been able to play off a post player by way of the two man game either. He even has trouble doing post entries.

Val isn't a fantastic rim protector, so we need good wing defenders to help him out...does that sound like DD?

Now maybe I'm completely wrong, so why do you think that DD and Val have skill sets that can compliment each other?

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              There are so many things to consider before firing the guy. First of all, what team are we trying to build? What kind of identity are we trying to establish? Are we gonna the blue collar route and play tough, grinding games? Are we gonna revert to the old 2006-07 model where we play a run and gun, shoot it out kind of game - much like what Golden State plays now? Do we need a coach that is more of a teacher if we're going to rebuild, and with being said, can Casey be that teacher? It all depends on the identity that Ujiri wants to build.

Sent from my C1904 using Tapatalk
                              No he can't. Why? Because he doesn't have the balls to hold his players accountable when they don't play the way he wants them to play. So it doesn't matter what system, identity or culture you are trying to establish. When the moment of truth arrives and that culture is challenged, you need to make a stand. And Casey usually shies away from ruffling the feathers that need to be ruffled. His personality if perfect for an assistant coach, who is typically more of a non-threatening personality, but it sabotages any sort of culture-building initiative. After that, he loses all credibility with the players, and his words become meaningless. Sloan, SVG, JVG, Hollins or Butch would be my choices. I'd even take Smitch again over Casey, if those were the only 2 choices.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                Because he doesn't have the balls to hold his players accountable when they don't play the way he wants them to play.
                                You have no idea if this is true. You have no idea if the front office is dictating playing time so they can 'evaluate' further. You have no idea if there are already trades in the works or being discussed that are driving some of the rotations.

I have no idea, either. But I suspect that Ujiri has seen enough by now to have his 'way forward' settled, if not made public, and if that's the case, I'd be very surprised if Casey wasn't a) in on it, and b) being told, to some degree at least, how to handle this roster of players, a healthy chunk of whom will most likely not be here past the trade deadline, and certainly not by next October.
                                Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Working...
                                X