Will Masai fire Casey ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bendit wrote: View Post
    On a more ominous note....I wonder If Casey loses the locker room over last night's fiasco/s.
    This is actually what I've been thinking all morning. If he does, does it make any sense to keep him even if they think he's the tank commander? You want to lose, but you don't want your players to tune out the coach and become totally apathetic. Especially this early in the season.

Comment

On a more ominous note....I wonder If Casey loses the locker room over last night's fiasco/s.
      I'm not sure if he "loses the locker room" in the traditional sense but you have to think that at least some of the players are raising an eyebrow about what went on.

Comment

Oh man will that mean even more contested long twos early in the shot-clock?!?!?! Will that mean even more looking off Jonas deep in the post!?!?!?
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          Oh man will that mean even more contested long twos early in the shot-clock?!?!?! Will that mean even more looking off Jonas deep in the post!?!?!?
          Raptors basketball is already frustrating to watch. I can't imagine what would it become after this..
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Did Casey bury Ed? In the 111 games Davis played under Casey, he averaged ~ 24 mpg.

In Memphis, he's averaging a whopping 15 mpg through 41 games.
            Ed is playing behind Gasol and Z-Bo in Memphis....he was playing behind an injured Bargnani in TO

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
              Ed is playing behind Gasol and Z-Bo in Memphis....he was playing behind an injured Bargnani in TO
              But Bargs was dirk 2.0....
              "Masai WILL win us a championship"
              - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
                But Bargs was dirk 2.0....
                Casey obviously deluded....

Comment

You have to fire Casey because he is doing such a horrible job of showcasing our players. Going into this season I thought that there was no way the value of our guys like Gay and Lowry could be any lower. Casey has somehow done the impossible and made Gay and Lowry look even worse than last year.

The best way to showcase any of your players is to run them in the pick and roll, something that every single NBA team does a lot of (outside of the Raptors for god knows why). Why we aren't running the pick and roll, or any set plays, is beyond me, and it's the main reason the stock of our players is falling.

He's also stunting the growth of JV and Ross (we don't need to showcase Hansbrough at Center, or anyone besides Derozan at SG). If we fire Casey and promote Nurse there basically won't be any pressure on Nurse to succeed, just to get JV involved and make the team look more like an NBA offense. We could hire a new coach in the offseason when we'll hopefully have a bunch more 1st round picks and a lot less salary on the roster.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    This is actually what I've been thinking all morning. If he does, does it make any sense to keep him even if they think he's the tank commander? You want to lose, but you don't want your players to tune out the coach and become totally apathetic. Especially this early in the season.
                    I think it's only right to tank via lack of talent/experience. Tanking due to purposefully bad coaching is bad for player development, team and fan morale, and is kinda a disgrace to the game.

Comment

I ask my self the same question every night before I go to sleep.
                      What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                      The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                      No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                        I ask my self the same question every night before I go to sleep.
                        I try to avoid that, because if I do then I can't sleep.
                        OG is our king

Comment

I say if we're still under .500 by the end of November Casey is gone.

The truth is, no body is listening to him. He's a good coach, just that, we don't have players that respect him enough to play the way he wants and to drop their own ego's.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post

The truth is, no body is listening to him. He's a good coach, just that, we don't have players that respect him enough to play the way he wants and to drop their own ego's.
                            so JV has got huge ego O.o, would have never thought.
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post

Regarding the bolded, what are you basing that on?

Comment

Remember last year's coach of the year in George Karl? After reading several Denver-based articles, he was fired for many reason (some philosophical but Kroenke also questioned his rotations AND the limited minutes to JaVale McGee). Sounds familiar? If this team continues its downward spiral, it's because in part how Casey manages people's minutes and you guessed it, the limited minutes of Jonas. My prediction: he won't last November and Nick Nurse or Bayno will run the team the rest of the year. Those guys are lame duck coaches that will allow Gay and everyone else to just pad their stats, make them more desirable for contending teams while the losing continues. Whoever can do those things will be the interim of this team moving forward.
                                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                                X