Will Masai fire Casey ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    I'd rather take the risk then continue to watch this mess.
    Drummond would have been a great pick as would have Harrison Barnes. Remember that TRoss is DC's pick. TRoss is too inconsistent. I don't like what I am seeing either but at some point you need to make the playoffs even if get smoked just to get that taste and desire for more.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
      Tanking does not guarantee anything. How many years will it take getting screwed by the lottery to figure that out?
      See Sacramento Kings

Comment

Drummond would have been a great pick as would have Harrison Barnes. Remember that TRoss is DC's pick. TRoss is too inconsistent. I don't like what I am seeing either but at some point you need to make the playoffs even if get smoked just to get that taste and desire for more.

It's called a learning experience.

Comment

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
          How many years does this 'learning experience' go on ?

Comment

• I'm sure Casey is fine as an assistant coach but he is just brutal to watch as a head coach. Whether you are for tanking or not, Casey is a bad choice as head coach (especially for the tankers). When you want to tank, you don't want it to be because of bad coaching decisions and I think we've seen enough of Casey to know that he makes bad decisions. Especially in the case of playing time for the players we want to develop (JV, Ross) as well as double standards in relation to when to yank players or not. For the people who don't want to tank...Casey is still a bad choice. Lack of anything remotely resembling offensive sets, shoddy defensive plays, lack of ... actually, I'm sure everyone's already brought up his numerous failings as a coach.

In most cases, the times the Raptors are playing good, its in spite of the coaching (at least, thats what I've noticed). I actually think the Raptors can compete for a playoff birth...but I don't think they really can with Casey as their coach.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• i dunno if this has been covered but wolstat tweeted that the warlord MU and staff was with the team on the road trip... is that normal? are they watching the team dynamic live to see and base an opinion? maybe to see if Casey's lost the team?

maybe MU asked Casey about it and casey was like naw man i got this its cool man please don't fire me and MU was like yeah alright psst weltman get your stuff together lets see whats really going on no you can't bring two goddamn suitcases we're going away for a couple days not a month you dummy

maybe i'm reading too much into it
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

How many years does this 'learning experience' go on ?
                whoa whoa whoa whoa, I'm agreeing with you, sorry, I shoulda been more clear, but I was referring to getting smoked in the playoffs as a learning experience.

Comment

whoa whoa whoa whoa, I'm agreeing with you, sorry, I shoulda been more clear, but I was referring to getting smoked in the playoffs as a learning experience.
                  Ok We are on the same page.

Comment

Well, a team like toronto has been learning for years now.... almost guys, almost...maybe next year.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                      Well, a team like toronto has been learning for years now.... almost guys, almost...maybe next year.
                      What I mean is this, fans are afraid of getting steamrolled in the playoffs (I have not lost hope on getting one of the last seeds yet), but I view getting steamrolled as a learning experience (which it would be)

Comment

• Yes,but a learning process for what? You need to build a team, for a team like toronto, through the draft, who are able to compete with the rest of the league. They have to be solid from the ground up, and they have to have potential. Skill level is a paramount goal. Then, after you have done that, you build toward the playoffs... you add a mid level vet with experience and who is a high iq guy, and a winner. THEN you go for it, get you experience, and hopefully put your young guys in a position to make the jump to top half playoff contender.... it takes a lot of years to do.

Toronto hasnt even fully broken it up yet, they are no where close to where they need to be as a franchise in order to go and gain that experience. This team as its built now, may realistically have maybe 3-4 of the players from the roster starting next November.

Comment

Yes,but a learning process for what? You need to build a team, for a team like toronto, through the draft, who are able to compete with the rest of the league. They have to be solid from the ground up, and they have to have potential. Skill level is a paramount goal. Then, after you have done that, you build toward the playoffs... you add a mid level vet with experience and who is a high iq guy, and a winner. THEN you go for it, get you experience, and hopefully put your young guys in a position to make the jump to top half playoff contender.... it takes a lot of years to do.

Toronto hasnt even fully broken it up yet, they are no where close to where they need to be as a franchise in order to go and gain that experience. This team as its built now, may realistically have maybe 3-4 of the players from the roster starting next November.
                          The draft is not the only way to go though. For a team like us, our best option is to scout the league and find a guy to buy low on.
                          Last edited by peanutwoozle; Sun Nov 10, 2013, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• But that is an ongoing process peanut, it isnt something they just forget to do. All teams are constantly looking to improve in any way possible. The reality is that every team has a different set of obstacles to deal with, Toronto, happens to be in canada, and there is snow, and a border, and tax illusions, so luring people here is a big obstacle so that means Toronto has to go the dice rolling route. so do a few other franchises. its just how it goes man.

Comment

But that is an ongoing process peanut, it isnt something they just forget to do. All teams are constantly looking to improve in any way possible. The reality is that every team has a different set of obstacles to deal with, Toronto, happens to be in canada, and there is snow, and a border, and tax illusions, so luring people here is a big obstacle so that means Toronto has to go the dice rolling route. so do a few other franchises. its just how it goes man.
                              every city has advantages and disadvantages though, not just us, like I mentioned yesterday, even LA and NY have had their difficulties attracting FAs

Comment

• Yep, but I'm not worried about them, I am speaking about Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X