Funny Raptors images, everything tank related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny Raptors images, everything tank related

I just thought that there's so much precious stuff out there in the internet that it should have its place in its home. This is not an insult to the guys that still think we are competing for championship or playoffs or to insult our players, this is just having good sense of humor. I mean it's kinda official that Raps will tank, I know just few games, but I see the big picture here and in order to endure this season, let's have fun, because game in the court doesn't provide any, maybe I'm wrong, it's actually becoming kinda funny, I personally laughed from DC at the end of 4th quarter, I would usually turn it off and sink my dissapointment by taking a trip to the fridge.

I found most of the stuff on RealGM, credits not to me:

Expect the unexpected

Last edited by RandomGuy; Thu Nov 7, 2013, 07:01 AM.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Ha Ha.

Grin and bear it.

Comment

Those are funny.

That tank driving across the highway is crazy! lol

Comment

Raps Practice shuttle hahahaha

Comment

"Ujiri Motors" ahahahahaha
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Nit-picking here, but why does everyone use the army 'tank' image. I thought the tanking expression comes from going 'in the tank', like drowning in a tank of water, or something like that. An army tank is more like a symbol of strength. Anybody know where the expression comes from? Waaaay over-analyzing, I know. LOL.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
              Nit-picking here, but why does everyone use the army 'tank' image. I thought the tanking expression comes from going 'in the tank', like drowning in a tank of water, or something like that. An army tank is more like a symbol of strength. Anybody know where the expression comes from? Waaaay over-analyzing, I know. LOL.
              We don't usually get these type posts until late January!

Raps are ahead of schedule this year.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                We don't usually get these type posts until late January!

Raps are ahead of schedule this year.
                Tank early. Tank often.

However, I am now convinced that Ujiri is a genius. Retaining Casey and telling him to 'coach his way' and 'install his culture' is the greatest covert tanking strategy ever devised by a GM in NBA history. Simply brilliant. LOL.

Oh, and 'in the tank' comes from boxing.... it's derived from 'going for a dive'. LOL.

Comment

Tank early. Tank often.

However, I am now convinced that Ujiri is a genius. Retaining Casey and telling him to 'coach his way' and 'install his culture' is the greatest covert tanking strategy ever devised by a GM in NBA history. Simply brilliant. LOL.

Oh, and 'in the tank' comes from boxing.... it's derived from 'going for a dive'. LOL.
                  Etymology Online also has the boxing reference - apparently a "tank suit" was a one-piece bathing suit - swimming pools were called "swimming tanks" at some point (sounds British?). When a boxer took a dive, he "tanked."

77 more games to go! Clinical counselling may be needed at some point.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Better?

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                      Better?

It's perfect. The tank refers to our fate, while the balloons represent a celebration.

RIGGIN for WIGGINS!

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                        Better?

Nice. Replace the 'white dude' with Wiggins and envision the balloons as ping pong balls. lol.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          It's perfect. The tank refers to our fate, while the balloons represent a celebration.

RIGGIN for WIGGINS!
                          and the helicopter.. ?

Comment

All aboard the TL/MU stealth tank!

On second thought, maybe the Raptors aren't tanking... the Raptors' 20th anniversary slogan:

"Naturally bad since 1995!"

EDIT: "Organically bad since 1995!"

Comment

Nice. Replace the 'white dude' with Wiggins and envision the balloons as ping pong balls. lol.
                              The white dude kind of looks like Triano. Maybe he's gonna coach us for the rest of the season!
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                              X