No announcement yet.

A Few Positives :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random question. Anybody fond of Shumpert?
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
      I like him as a defensive off guard to compliment either Rudy or DeMar. He also shot 40% from beyond the arc last year.

But we fleeced the Knicks with the Bargnani deal already. Not sure if they're up for another flogging

Comment

KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
        Are we still talking about basketball?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          Welcome to RR! Great first post
          Thanks!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I like him as a defensive off guard to compliment either Rudy or DeMar. He also shot 40% from beyond the arc last year.

But we fleeced the Knicks with the Bargnani deal already. Not sure if they're up for another flogging
            Honestly, I'd trade lowry for him and just start fields as our PG. Then try to trade Derozan for PG or picks.
            "Masai WILL win us a championship"
            - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

Dolan might go for it though. Gay and Gray for Shumpert and Amare works in the trade machine
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Things ive been impressed with (yes i know a lot have been said, but just things that i have noticed.)

1. Demars shot looks a lot better. Still improving but he has no problem shooting 3's and has actually had some clutch 3's like the ATL game.
                2 Demar's post game looks good, got good moves and then good counter moves, wanna see his spin move more but still i love it.
                3. Hansborough spelt wrong sorry, but hes exactly as advertised and he has been so solid for us so far. Mixing it up, rebounding, put backs and getting to the line. I hate his handle in the post tho... looks awful.
                4. Rudy's rebounding... thats it and i wont bring out all my negative comments out.
                5. JV just getting better and better, love his block shots, post game, effort on offensive boards love it. give the dude some minutes.
                6 Amir same old same old.
                7 Terrence is developing. Nuff said i believe.
                8 Were seeing the Fields we wanted when we brought him in. Love him, hope his shot gets better, but great glue guy just on a shit contract.
                9 Q-acy cellyin hard from the bench. LOL

yeah overall ive seen good things but, yeah....

Comment

For me, the biggest positive has been our bigs. Val, Amir and Hansbrough have all played well for the most part. All 3 are positive factors when they play.

The other positive would have to be Fields. I had no expectations for a guy with nerve damage in his arm and hand but he proven to be a solid option off the bench.

Comment

Rudy is getting quite a few minutes at the 4, so for me he should be getting a few more boards per just for that alone. If he was rebounding like he is while only playing the 3, now that would be impressive.

Comment

It's funny how so many positive things have been stated about our players but we are still losing. I think that's a sign that Casey is a really bad coach. If most of your players are playing well but you still can't beat teams you should beat then I think the coach has to take blame. Yes Rudy is playing bad and yes we aren't moving the ball the way we should but I think that we should still be winning these games. ***.
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I've been on a critical rampage since this season started, but here's one positive I genuinely believe in:

This is as bad as we'll play.
                        We're looking at rock bottom.

Gay - while still an inefficient black hole - will start hitting more shots.
                        Dwane Casey will either realize benching JV all the time is unwise, or be fired.
                        Augustin will never see the floor again.
                        DeMar will settle down and play smart like he was in the preseason.
                        Etc., etc.

We'll still be bad, but better!

Comment

The only positive about about this team right now is the play of JV and Tyler. Also shoutout to Fields and Ross. These 2 should be getting more playing time.

DeMar? sure he looked good in the preseason. Posting up, taking high percentage shots.

Come regular season he's back to being the DeRozan of last year. Sure his shots has improved, but the shots that he's taking are ridicolously tough. 3's, long 2's. Like last night, with under a min to go. He had a chance to tie the game, what did he do? he took a ridiculously tough Kobe Bryant fadeaway shot. *shakes head*

These Raptors needs to SMARTEN UP. And i'm not just talking about their shot selection. I'm talking about their overall play. They're not playing winning basketball. They're playing idiotic basketball. This goes to GAY, LOWRY and DeROZAN.

Also, the fact that Casey is allowing them to take these shots possession after possession is just mind boggling. Where's the accountability??
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Withnail wrote: View Post
                            1. I don't care how hard he works. It doesn't look like Demar is ever going to be an efficient shooter. He's soft on defence, his handles are weak and he doesn't take it to the rim enough and leverage his athleticism.

2. Agreed on the shooting. I think he's already an above average 1-on-1 perimeter defender. Needs to stop passing it to the other team when he's pressured on offense though.

3. So certain his shot will come back? From what? 32% up to a still mediocre 40%?? Sorry, I just don't see this guy being a part of a successful system (once we get a decent coach). Much like Derozan, a high usage, inefficient player on offence. Memphis realized this, we need to as well.

4. Totally agree. His high b-ball IQ has been on display so far this year. Hope we keep him around as an all-round 2nd unit, glue-guy.

5. Totally agree as well. He's our best player with limited minutes. Why we're not playing him more is a real mystery. The small-ball excuse is BS.
                            1. I like Demar but you're right, he's not the number one option and a playoff team, maybe not even a number 2 option. I'd love to see hte Raptors move to a system where he takes fewer shots and devotes himself to his defense. He's actually a reasonnably good man defender, he just has some trouble dealing with the pick and roll. The nice thing about Demar is he is paid like you would expect a second or third banana to be, so I think we are actually getting good value for him.

2. I'd like Gay gone, I fully agree that he is never going to be worth what he's paid. Even if he gets back up to his carreer average fg% (45%) he'd still not be very efficient. I also think him and Demar do too many of the same things to coexist. I just wanted to point out that it's almost impossible for him to shoot worse than he has so he's likely to improve and that his rebounding could be a big asses for us.

Welcome the RR!
                            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Another positive, we've held opponents below 100 3/5 games so far.

Comment

Lowry is the biggest flaw in the team and Gay being a black hole of course. Trade the best friends before its too late! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X