A Few Positives :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Few Positives :)

1. Demar Derozan has improved his 3 point shot and looks like a better offensive player this year. It's still not great but at least his is making over 30% of his 3's now. He also looks a lot more comfortable taking the shot which is nice to see.

2. Terrance Ross is making 43.8% of his 3's this year. That's absolutely fantastic, and if he can start playing some better D he is going to start to look like the 3 and D player we were hoping for on draft night.

3. While Rudy Gay's offensive game has been truly bad so far, it is nice to see him getting on the glass so much. Once his shot comes back (which it will) it will be interesting to se if he keeps attacking the glass.

4. Landry Fields looks 100% better than last year and may be the best bench player we have.

5. Jonas Valanciuas, despite not getting the minutes he may dserve, is looking like a much better player this season. Both his scoring and rebounding are up and I would love to see us stating to run a few more plays for him in the low post.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Another positive: In the limited minutes we've seen Novak, he's lived up to his reputation as a sharpshooter. When he's healthy, he should be a useful tool to help spread the floor.

EDIT: But then again, whose minutes does he take?
    Last edited by Nilanka; Thu Nov 7, 2013, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Another: Hansbrough has brought exactly what we needed from him.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Wait.....you guys know we're raptors fans, right? No room for that positive stuff here.

Comment

Don't forget Amir... he is killing it again for the Raptors. .700 TS%! 137 OWS! 19.7 PER (leading the team)!

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            Don't forget Amir... he is killing it again for the Raptors. .700 TS%! 137 OWS! 19.7 PER (leading the team)!
            I thought JV was leading. Sorry!

That means bigs are leading this team if we filter by PER.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              rocwell wrote: View Post
              I thought JV was leading. Sorry!

That means bigs are leading this team if we filter by PER.
              All the more reason to bench them in the 4th quarter of tight games. We need to match up with Jeffery Taylor!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Another positive: In the limited minutes we've seen Novak, he's lived up to his reputation as a sharpshooter. When he's healthy, he should be a useful tool to help spread the floor.

EDIT: But then again, whose minutes does he take?
                *cough* trade bait *cough*

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                  1. Demar Derozan has improved his 3 point shot and looks like a better offensive player this year. It's still not great but at least his is making over 30% of his 3's now. He also looks a lot more comfortable taking the shot which is nice to see.

2. Terrance Ross is making 43.8% of his 3's this year. That's absolutely fantastic, and if he can start playing some better D he is going to start to look like the 3 and D player we were hoping for on draft night.

3. While Rudy Gay's offensive game has been truly bad so far, it is nice to see him getting on the glass so much. Once his shot comes back (which it will) it will be interesting to se if he keeps attacking the glass.

4. Landry Fields looks 100% better than last year and may be the best bench player we have.

5. Jonas Valanciuas, despite not getting the minutes he may dserve, is looking like a much better player this season. Both his scoring and rebounding are up and I would love to see us stating to run a few more plays for him in the low post.
                  1. I don't care how hard he works. It doesn't look like Demar is ever going to be an efficient shooter. He's soft on defence, his handles are weak and he doesn't take it to the rim enough and leverage his athleticism.

2. Agreed on the shooting. I think he's already an above average 1-on-1 perimeter defender. Needs to stop passing it to the other team when he's pressured on offense though.

3. So certain his shot will come back? From what? 32% up to a still mediocre 40%?? Sorry, I just don't see this guy being a part of a successful system (once we get a decent coach). Much like Derozan, a high usage, inefficient player on offence. Memphis realized this, we need to as well.

4. Totally agree. His high b-ball IQ has been on display so far this year. Hope we keep him around as an all-round 2nd unit, glue-guy.

5. Totally agree as well. He's our best player with limited minutes. Why we're not playing him more is a real mystery. The small-ball excuse is BS.
                  Last edited by Withnail; Thu Nov 7, 2013, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Withnail wrote: View Post
                    1. I don't care how hard he works. It doesn't look like Demar is ever going to be an efficient shooter. He's soft on defence, his handles are weak and he doesn't take it to the rim enough and leverage his athleticism.

2. Agreed on the shooting. I think he's already an above average 1-on-1 perimeter defender. Needs to stop passing it to the other team when he's pressured on offense though.

3. So certain his shot will come back? From what? 32% up to a still mediocre 40%?? Sorry, I just don't see this guy being a part of a successful system (once we get a decent coach). Much like Derozan, a high usage, inefficient player on offence. Memphis realized this, we need to as well.

4. Totally agree. His high b-ball IQ has been on display so far this year. Hope we keep him around as an all-round 2nd unit, glue-guy.

5. Totally agree as well. He's our best player with limited minutes. Why we're not playing him more is a real mystery. The small-ball excuse is BS.
                    Welcome to RR! Great first post

Comment

No matter how good DeRozan becomes on Offence, the kid cannot defend to save his life. He's been constantly keeping his man open and it's killed us. Whether it's Korver or Henderson etc.. The kid just leaves them open. How on earth do you let Henderson light us up the way he did last night. I was so embarrassed for the team. Landry had to come in halfway through the first just to guard him. I've had love for DeRozan since day one and bought his jersey after he was drafted, but he's gotta show a desire to play defence or it's time for him to go.

Edit** I tried to bold the derozan comment but it didn't work. (i'm only commenting on your first point)
                      "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                      - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
                        [B]

No matter how good DeRozan becomes on Offence, the kid cannot defend to save his life. He's been constantly keeping his man open and it's killed us. Whether it's Korver or Henderson etc.. The kid just leaves them open. How on earth do you let Henderson light us up the way he did last night. I was so embarrassed for the team. Landry had to come in halfway through the first just to guard him. I've had love for DeRozan since day one and bought his jersey after he was drafted, but he's gotta show a desire to play defence or it's time for him to go.

Edit** I tried to bold the derozan comment but it didn't work. (i'm only commenting on your first point)
                        The one way DeMar would continue to be useful would be if he played alongside a great wing stopper, like Toney Douglas, Sefalosha, or Deng. Then you could hide DD on the defensive end by matching him up with the poorer player.

But agreed - DeMar's got a great attitude and work ethic, but he needs to improve ANY other aspect of his game - passing, defense, rebounding, 3-pt shot, whatever. It would help the team so much.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

[B]

DD is soft. It is confirmed.

He consistently shies away from contact or inconsistently takes it strong - your choice on how you frame it.

He does not fight on defense; goes under screens, doesn't bump anyone; watches.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            DD is soft. It is confirmed.

He consistently shies away from contact or inconsistently takes it strong - your choice on how you frame it.

He does not fight on defense; goes under screens, doesn't bump anyone; watches.
                            Just wanna trade him and Gay. Start Ross/Novak lol. Light the opposition up with three's
                            "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                            - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

Just wanna trade him and Gay. Start Ross/Novak lol. Light the opposition up with three's
                              Trade Lowry and start Fields at the point too.

Fields, Ross, Novak, Amir, JV with Stone and Hansbrough first off the bench. For the loss (which is actually a win)!!
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                              X