A Few Positives :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
    Another positive, we've held opponents below 100 3/5 games so far.
    With this positive comes negative.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
      With this positive comes negative.
      Like what? It doesn't help the tank.

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
        Like what?
        We can't score. We have so many mobile and athletic guys who can score at will ( as they said during training camp ), but as of now I think we'll be the best bottom team ( 25-30 ) in points scored per game.

Comment

We can't score. We have so many mobile and athletic guys who can score at will ( as they said during training camp ), but as of now I think we'll be the best bottom team ( 25-30 ) in points scored per game.
          Ummm... ask Demar... they can score at will.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Rudy's scoring at will too.

Comment

well you're talking to a guy with a defense first mentality.

Comment

Wow. We're really gonna be shoving that comment back in their faces this whole season aren't we?
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                  Wow. We're really gonna be shoving that comment back in their faces this whole season aren't we?
                  Hahaha I didn't even really when he said it at the time, but it was just too appropriate not to throw out there.

Comment

Hahaha I didn't even really when he said it at the time, but it was just too appropriate not to throw out there.
                    It'll be this year's "come hell or high water"

Comment

Joey I love your avatar Lmfao!

Comment

Here's one more for the positive vibe. First in the league on rebounds differential

Comment

Reason's to be Positive

I am just as frustrated right now as anyone else but let's try to come up with some positives about what we saw in Houston and overall this season:

1. As a team, we are defending well. We currently sit 11th in defensive efficiency. Our defense has kept us in games
                          2. We are the best/2nd best rebounding team in the league. (#1 in O-rebounds).
                          3. As bad as our offense is, and I hate our offense right now, we're still a mid-tier offensive team in terms of efficiency so far. A lot of this comes from the fact that we get more second chances than anyone else, but again, we are not as bad as we think.

Casey, for all of his putrid in-game decisions (did he seriously tell Gay to hold the ball for 22 second last night at the end of regulation?!), our guys are playing hard.

We are doing the things we need to do to win on the defensive and rebounding side of the game. We could go on a run if we get it together offensively

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
                            We are doing the things we need to do to win on the defensive and rebounding side of the game. We could go on a run if we get it together offensively
                            Quite possible, but it seems very unlikely Masai gives this group a long enough leash to go on such a run. If the "45 day" evaluation period is true, the current rendition of the Raptors have just a few weeks left to prove they're capable of winning games consistently. Despite the positives listed, I can't see that happening.

We've now lost 4 of the last 5 games.

Comment

Gay and Derozan suck. That is all.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Quite possible, but it seems very unlikely Masai gives this group a long enough leash to go on such a run. If the "45 day" evaluation period is true, the current rendition of the Raptors have just a few weeks left to prove they're capable of winning games consistently. Despite the positives listed, I can't see that happening.

We've now lost 4 of the last 5 games.
                                I agree with you there. The problem is that Casey seems to be encouraging the idea that Gay and Derozan should be playing the "its my turn, now its your turn" offense.

I watched AI and carmelo play this offense in Denver, and if 2 of the best ISO scorers of our generation couldn't succeed with it, there is no way in hell that these guys will.

the question we have to ask ourselves is what Ujuri sees here. If he thinks the rebounding and defense is just a blip, then we might as well forget this conversation.

Comment

Working...
                                X